It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And yet another Unconstitutional Push against the 2nd Amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
www.regulations.gov...#!documentDetail;D=ATF-2013-0001-0001

So, since the Tyrant 0bama can't get legislation passed, his Govt agency will policy laws into place.

This is truly getting out of hand.

edit on Thu Nov 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Shorthand of new law:
1. Requires background check approval before you can build your own firearm, then registers home-manufactured firearm.
2. Requires background check approval for private 'P2P' firearm sales/transfers, then registers firearm to new owner.
3. Redefines a ton of words used in prior legislation (including yet another example of this administration's hypocrisy regarding what constitutes a 'person'.)

Response/reaction:
MIDDLE FINGER!
MIDDLE FINGER!
MIDDLE FINGER!

BARING MY ASS!
BARING MY ASS!
BARING MY ASS!

It isn't "getting" out of control, it has gotten out of control. All this other horsecrap is just showboating and spiking the ball by the feds.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

burdman30ott6
reply to post by macman

Shorthand of new law:
1. Requires background check approval before you can build your own firearm, then registers home-manufactured firearm.
2. Requires background check approval for private 'P2P' firearm sales/transfers, then registers firearm to new owner.

And why should that be a problem?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

How exactly is the second amendment under attack here?

The second is probably the safest part of the Constitution because of recent Court rulings. Its basically untouchable now without the Court reversing a decision.

And that isn't likely to happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

As crazy as this sounds, if,if we make it that far...and the mid-terms go to the Dims, the 2nd will be ammended, there will be no way to stop the complete control state. these control freaks have the WH, senate and if they get the house this is over, period. They can blab BS all they wish, but when the 2nd is gone the 1st goes with it.....talk about a crossroad.......

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

intrepid

burdman30ott6
And why should that be a problem?

'Trep, I say this with absolutely no disprespect intended because it is the truth as we sit here in 2013:
It's an American thing which we don't expect anybody outside America to understand.

That is honestly the answer. We managed to get by with a fairly decent structure of laws in relation to firearms for the first 200 years of America's history. The Second Amendment was in full control. The past few decades, however, the definition of "infringed" has been battered, raped, and left in tatters and many of us have had enough.

The only "permission" I Constitutionally need to manufacture my own firearm comes from the fact that I am an American citizen. That's it. No exceptions and no modifications per the United States' Founding Fathers. All the rest of this garbage constitutes some high assed fool with a string of titles after his name erroneously believing that I should give a flip what his opinion on the issue is and carrying that opinion forward in an attempt to enact new laws and restrictions they lack the Constitutional authority to enact.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by macman

The second is probably the safest part of the Constitution because of recent Court rulings. Its basically untouchable now without the Court reversing a decision.

Because registration is the first step to confiscation.

Look at New York.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Uh huh and what about delusional people making weapons in their houses? I've been following this arms BS for the whole thing. The gun crowd says it's mental health issues. But by your definition you can't touch the sick. IT'S YOUR RIGHT. Can't have it both ways man.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

ketsuko

Spookybelle
reply to post by macman

Because registration is the first step to confiscation.

Look at New York.

New York cannot confiscate your weapons, the Supreme Court has said so.

There is no history of registering directly leading to confiscation. They made us all register our vehicles yet they never took them away.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Uh huh and what about delusional people making weapons in their houses? I've been following this arms BS for the whole thing. The gun crowd says it's mental health issues. But by your definition you can't touch the sick. IT'S YOUR RIGHT. Can't have it both ways man.

How many delusional people have been making weapons in their houses?

Names?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

C'mon Beez. You're better than to play that totality BS. Reread that and you'll see what I'm saying. You may not like it but you'll see it. Can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
reply to post by macman

As crazy as this sounds, if,if we make it that far...and the mid-terms go to the Dims, the 2nd will be ammended, there will be no way to stop the complete control state. these control freaks have the WH, senate and if they get the house this is over, period. They can blab BS all they wish, but when the 2nd is gone the 1st goes with it.....talk about a crossroad.......

Did you read what you wrote?

The 2nd will be "ammended" (sic)? How so? There's not enough votes anywhere for that to change. I'm a gun nut and I'm not sweating anything going on with the Constitution.

It isn't going to be repealed, it isn't going to be rewritten. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid, it is keeping you distracted from the truth that both parties are the same.

You have a better chance of Bill Clinton telling the truth under oath than that or better chance of GWB winning a spelling bee.

Derek

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Just because the House or Senate is controlled by the "Dims" does not necessarily mean the 2nd Amendment will be abolished or amended. It takes a two-thirds majority to even propose it. THEN it takes two thirds of the states (38) to approve it.

It's not as simple as just needing the "Dims" controlling both the House and Senate, it takes the state governments.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

None of that means squat. He can't make law, only congress can do that... he can try all that crap he wants... supreme court already said it don't fly... as well that is state issues, not the fed... some states already require some of those things. As far as this, waste of hard drive space....

the bot

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Obama, Holder, Biden, and many other big players in D.C. want sweeping gun control legislation. They clearly and repeatedly misrepresent the US Constitution. The gun control agenda is real. The Constitution is at best hanging on by a threat, it is not just the 2nd Amendment that is under attack.

I am quite certain that if sweeping gun legislation that effectively destroys the 2nd Amendment in the US, who ever is in power will meet the same fate as Kennedy. While there are many powerful people who want to disarm the US citizen, there are far more US citizens who will refuse to be disarmed.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by beezzer

C'mon Beez. You're better than to play that totality BS. Reread that and you'll see what I'm saying. You may not like it but you'll see it. Can't have it both ways.

And if you've been following, my answer to gun crimes has been capital punishment for anyone using a weapon in the commission of a crime.

The answer IS NOT restricting freedoms of law-abiding citizens.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Then why is New York now sending out notices to gun owners who have firearms now deemed illegal advising them to turn them in or face consequences?

If the guns aren't registered, they wouldn't know where they are to confiscate them.

Also, both Britain and Australia started down their paths to gun control with national gun registries. Who could possibly object to that? Then the firearms were banned and the authorities knew right where to go to take them. The man Crocodile Dundee was modeled on died rather than turn his gun in.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Tell me how you control the access to guns to mentally disturbed individuals without checks?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Spookybelle

Then why is New York now sending out notices to gun owners who have firearms now deemed illegal advising them to turn them in or face consequences?

If the guns aren't registered, they wouldn't know where they are to confiscate them.

Also, both Britain and Australia started down their paths to gun control with national gun registries. Who could possibly object to that? Then the firearms were banned and the authorities knew right where to go to take them. The man Crocodile Dundee was modeled on died rather than turn his gun in.

You are going to compare us to brits and aussies now, lol. We had a civil war over something as hanus as slavery. What do you really think would happen if they try and take our guns away.

the bot

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by beezzer

Tell me how you control the access to guns to mentally disturbed individuals without checks?

Come on boss, now you are talking a whole new thread. What is sad is it has taken a couple of mentally unstable killing people to draw attention to how we deal with and treat the mentally challenged in this country.

You want to legislate something that is your place to start, not guns.....

the bot

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join