It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Develops Startling Musical Talents After Concussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He now plays "roughly 10 to 13 instruments," including piano, guitar, mandolin, harmonica, an African instrument called the kalimba, and two kinds of bagpipes.

www.people.com...

Either the concussion turned something on inside his brain or this is a clever way to promote his music skills
edit on 27-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Sign me up for a head injury!

My sheer will and determination was never enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

CosmicDude

He now plays "roughly 10 to 13 instruments," including piano, guitar, mandolin, harmonica, an African instrument called the kalimba, and two kinds of bagpipes.

www.people.com...

Either the concussion turned something on inside his brain or this is a clever way to promote his music skills
edit on 27-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

Or during his concussion he was able to recall his past lives and knew all this already. I can't see how he just learned this from nothing, he already knew it and got a boost?
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm not meaning to sound rude, but isn't it more likely that because the doctor banned him from lacross (the thing that he previously loved) so he replaced it with music? A lot of musicians start off and end up where he has in the same time frame without the head injury so I think it might be a bit of a jump to say the head injury was the cause. More of a catalyst. Either way, good for him

edit on 27/11/2013 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You have to wonder how this is even possible. I was thinking, could it be possible that a blow to the head caused him to regain musical talent he had in a past life? You hear about stories of little kids remembering a past life, maybe this is a possible connection? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Is I possible that he listened to a lot of music, like those kids running around with earphones 24/7, and the concussion did do something to his head, which made him able to play by ear. After all, some people have the ability to recall or process large collections of information- photographic memory. This accident just brought the ability to the surface. I am will not convinced that past lives are true.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
this reminds me of something I was thinking of the other day. They had an article on the news about a blind man who was an exceptionally brilliant pianist.

They claim that as he has been blind his sense of hearing is much better and he can hear the music better, or has more of an ear for melodies.. something.

no one ever thinks that perhaps he was always going to be a brilliant pianist and his blindness has nothing to do with his ability.

Though they did concede that he admits that he spent hours and hours practising.

Who would have guessed that. practice. not a sudden ability delivered due to trauma or disability.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What I find most strange here is when they mention he suddenly started to play 13 musical instruments ! ....can you imagine that ? ....I mean 13 ?!?!?

top topics

join