It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you define this kind of racism? Plus acts of the super rich. (with videos!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok I talked a little bit about this on the Oprah Topic. This has to do with Oprah also. Now, if you any of you don't know this, almost EVERY celebrity, rich elite owns a house in Vegas. My ex-brother-in-law is an art handler/ mover and always tells me some CRAZY stories about the super rich, like how the Wynn families (they own the Wynn hotel chain) imported a Belgian poop making machine for their dining room (I'll post the link to that video); the MALES have silicone implants in their arms and chest (I always thought it would be funny if they got into a fight and somebody bunched one of them and freaked out when his pecs started deflating! LOL) also he called me when their "compound" got raided by ICE because these rich ***ks only hire illegals. Or how Matt Stone and Trey Parker who are well, a "couple" together made his employees cry by calling them "worker bitches" when they were telling them where to hang their South Park art.

Anyways Oprah of course has a house there, and when she wanted her new artwork moved in she called my brother-in-laws art handling company, and after asking how many African Americans worked there, and finding out no African Americans were in that company she said she didn't need their service and would find a moving crew that weren't racially profiling their prospective employers; because she wanted only African Americans to work for her and come in her house, even if they had 1 it probably wouldn't have worked because she wanted an entire "crew" of African Americans. Anyways if you look at the "help" she hires, she ONLY hires blacks and will NEVER hire whites to work for her (outside of her OWN business etc, but I'm sure the ratio is staggering when you take into effect that African-Americans are only 10% of the US pop last time I checked).

Now this seems racist in 2 different ways:
First she'll only hire African Americans and perhaps the odd minority to be her "servants", which if a rich white family ONLY hired black servants they would be mocked for trying to recreate Southern racist practices at their own place and would probably get some heat for it. Maybe she thinks she's giving back to her community but from the outside, forgive me for saying this but she looks like a "race traitor" ( I know that's a racist remark white supremacists use but that's the closest thing I can think of)

Second she's deliberately and illegally using race as her determining factor for hiring her "help", which I believe is morally, ethically, reprehensible, and last time I checked ILLEGAL (somebody should honestly try to get a job working as one of her servants, and if you're white/brown/almost anything other than black and have more than enough experience for the job but get turned down, should sue her for selecting not the best job candidates, but the best black job candidates. That's why when I saw the pic of her receiving the civilian "medal of honor" by Barack Obama, my head was spinning out of confusion.

I believe people like her are keeping racism well and alive and have their own agenda to make sure that in the future there'll be an "elite" 10% of their chosen race and she'll be worshiped as a god. I think it goes more than just her illegal hiring process, because it's obvious she has an agenda, and I don't know why she hasn't been looked into. Anyways now for your enjoyment, the Belgian Poop Machine!

This is what the superrich do with their throw away money, rather than helping people, or contributing to the society that made them rich.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Rich people tend to be rich because they dont mind treading on people to get their wealth, its not surprising to find their personality the same way.

I think you should just not worry about it too much, there are other things far more real and that can be changed more easily to focus on.

Put down people magazine and look out the window

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

How would you define this kind of racism

As different expressions of Symbolic Power.

The concept of symbolic power was first introduced by French sociologist Pierre Bordieu to account for the tacit almost unconscious modes of cultural/social domination occurring within the every-day social habits maintained over conscious subjects. Symbolic power accounts for discipline used against another to confirm that individual's placement in a social hierarchy.

Also referred to as "soft" power, symbolic power includes actions that have discriminatory or injurious meaning or implications, such as gender dominance and racism. Symbolic power maintains its effect through the mis-recognition of power relations situated in the social matrix of a given field. While symbolic power requires a dominator, it also requires the dominated to accept their position in the exchange of social value that occurs between them.

en.wikipedia.org...

It doesn't explain the whole thing, lock-stock-and-barrel, but it's a good start.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You poor people always get so offended.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hahaha!!!! Poop machine!!!! That video is hilarious!!!!! "People don't give a sh** about sh**". Oh lordy. Phew. Sorry. My immature sense of humor took control.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well lets flip the scenario around, if I was super rich and only hired white people what would happen to me?
Yeah poop machine is interesting, you like the comparison at the end?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oprah. What a racist. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
@ Swing 80....please post more stories ....
I knew a woman in New York city once who was not super rich but she had an "attitude" ;;

Anyway..Her great great grandfather had made a lot of money in the slave trade and she lived off a
trust fund that had been divided several time over the generations,,,,,But she still go 120 K every year as her cut [ from the slave trade of long ago]...
edit on 27-11-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I remember when my Gma, a die-hard Republican, (well Gpa is, and as I have said before ( I don't care if you call me sexist because it's all I have seen among the many friends and family I have) most women don't care about politics and IF they vote, usually have to be encouraged by their bf/fiancé/husband, and always vote for what their man tells them to. Sorry women most of you are too entrenched in your own lil world to give a crap about our city, county, state, country unless you like somebody that will make the effort and urge you to vote. NOT SAYING ALL WOMEN! Just most women 18-40 that aren't married. I know I'll get flack for this because most of the women here are politically astute but that isn't the case in the real world. Anyways back on topic my Gma used to watch Oprah all the time when I was in elementary school on the day time TV when I came over after school.

If these stay at home day time television mothers just boycotted her shows, her network, etc... Maybe she'll lay off playing victim when she's one of the most rich successful women in the world, not like it would put a dent in her finances, but when she isn't making as much money anymore she might get off her stupid pulpit. I CANNOT understand why all these hip-hop stars, television celebrities etc... are all buddy, buddy with Obama?

Now we got Jay-Z thinking he's all elite calling us commoners dweebs and rapping about how he gets special permission from Barry to go to Cuba. He's been rapping about the "holy grail" and the "illuminati", throwing up Osiris signs, I seriously think he believes that he's in with the upper 1%. I bet those Eyes Wide Shut people are laughing their ass off of his stupidity, just like the rest of the celebs.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Since there's a big divorce process going through with my sister and ex-brother-in-law, it might be hard, but he's told me some even crazier stories about he celebs there, and I'll be meeting him up here for coffee during Thx Giving, I can ask him some more stories or see if he'll wanna post them here.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well lets flip the scenario around, if I was super rich and only hired white people what would happen to me?

Implying that doesn't already happen. lol

What are the ratio of super billionaires and their skin colour.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So does she think whites are inferior to blacks? Or superior? I'm a little confused as to the racist element here?

Preferring whites, blacks, greens or ultra-maroons is not racist. Saying some are better than others is. There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How would you define this kind of racism?

Many would call that "social justice", but I prefer to call it what it truly is: PREJUDICE

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The only injustice I see here is that the whole ceremony in my opinion is a complete mockery of everything JFK stood for and the very purpose he created that medal for. To add insult to injury those medals where awarded in majority to a bunch of sub-human parasites, who help propagate the hidden agenda and worse of all on the anniversary of the man's death. Complete and utter mockery ceremony.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
LOL you're right about if I was rich and only hired white people for my servants, but what would OPRAH say if I was rich and only hired African-Americans as my servants and butlers?

Oh YEAH BTW I wonder what African American's would think if they heard what their beloved democrats like LBJ called them "N***ers" when they were dealing with the civil rights movement and Martin Luther. I think they forget what democrats all the way into the 80's thought of them. Didn't LBJ say something and I quote "If we pass this civil rights issue those n***ers will be married to our party for the rest of their lives..."

new topics

top topics

join