It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Claims He's Among Most Accomplished Presidents Ever

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When I read this headline, I immediately wanted to put it in "Jokes and Pranks"... except he is actually serious

In spite of a record number of Americans receiving food stamps, a 7.3 percent unemployment rate and an embarrassing launch of his signature healthcare legislation, President Obama says his administration has been the most productive in history. At a private Democratic fundraiser in Beverly Hills, Calif., Obama touted himself and Democratic leaders for surpassing the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt, who respectively ended slavery and led the country through the Great Depression and World War II.

Is the man just delusional, or does he actually believe his own hype?

“We have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history -- saving an economy from a Great Depression; revitalizing an auto industry that is producing better cars and has come roaring back like nobody believed; doubling our exports; drastically reducing our dependence on foreign oil; doubling fuel efficiency standards; doubling our production of clean energy; reducing the pace of our carbon emissions; ending the war in Iraq; about to end the war in Afghanistan; re-centering our fight against terrorism in a way that respects our values and our ideals; expanding access to college for children all across this country; ending ‘don’t ask, don’t tell;’ making sure that we are vindicating the notion that everybody should have a fair shot regardless of their sexual orientation, as well as their race and their gender; pushing for equal pay for women; reinstituting research for stem cells,” Obama gushed.

I will give credit where credit is due... he has done more to destroy this nation than any other president...

Source

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

madmac5150

I will give credit where credit is due... he has done more to destroy this nation than any other president...

Source

Make that EVERY other president...combined!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

We have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history

He is correct.
But the most important thing in that statement, is what he leaves out. But like you said OP, too bad it has been to the detriment of this county, not benefit.

And geez, doesn't he just love himself?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can't say that any other president that would have been elected wouldn't have pulled us through this. Obama is getting a big head I guess. Some of his things worked, some didn't. Maybe if he believes his inflating ego than in his mind this is right.

He isn't a bad president, considering all the stuff that is happening everywhere. He has not accomplished anything great though. His healthcare law is stumbling along and will probably not work nearly as well as it was supposed to. Things work in theory but they fail. I think it is time to get a Republican into office next time....If they can find an honest and knowledgeable candidate. Enough of the lawyers running for president, elect a real person.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

This to me just shows in sharp relief, just how out of touch these people have become. I do wonder like others here, if he actually believes it himself.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Enough of the lawyers running for president, elect a real person.

"Real people" don't become president. Only psychopaths.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, he has put us further in debt than any other president.... and killed more folks with drones than any other president... sorry I forgot those.

The ONLY reason that he is still in office is because the media and TPTB want him there. Any other American president with as many scandals and acts of corruption would have been crucified in the "court of public opinion", AKA the "court of media spin"... impeached and kicked to the curb...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
He has accomplished making the good ole U.S.A. a joke. He constantly takes it up the keister from other world leaders. And he's proud? I actually miss Bush Jr. At least he was good for a laugh.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's official. This man's arrogance recognizes NO boundaries!

But I actually think this is one of those wink-wink, nudge-nudge moments for his buddies. You see, our definition of an accomplishment is much different from the way his ilk define an "accomplishment"... We think of a presidential administrations accomplishments as something that makes our nation, or the world, a better place for mankind. And theirs is, well, pretty much the opposite!

Besides, even without their double meaning games they like to play, its a helluva lot easier to accomplish things with COMPUTERS, and the INTERNET, both of which are supposedly exponentially growing with this really cool crazy thing called TIME.

He thinks he's Julius Ceaser the black version, but Caesar knew a thing or two about remaining humble in order to make people like you even more. An art clearly lost on Obama. He's openly arrogant and it makes people turn away in droves! And I think its partly because he knows he doesn't have to make people like him. He has a kill list after all... And you just know he loves to bully his underlings by whipping out the old kill list from time to time to pretend he's scribbling another name on it. He has that kind of sense of humor. By itself, there would be nothing wrong with that...but add in that arrogance and it makes it not really funny no matter what he does. A lot of forced laughter among his staff I imagine.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Let's see.

Newsmax headline:

Obama Claims He's Among Most Accomplished Presidents Ever!

Newsmax propaganda:

In spite of a record number of Americans receiving food stamps, a 7.3 percent unemployment rate and an embarrassing launch of his signature healthcare legislation, President Obama says his administration has been the most productive in history. At a private Democratic fundraiser in Beverly Hills, Calif., Obama touted himself and Democratic leaders for surpassing the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt, who respectively ended slavery and led the country through the Great Depression and World War II.

- So where did President Obama claim that he is "Among Most Accomplished Presidents Ever?"
- Where did he say that "[his] administration has been the most productive in history?"
- Where did he tout "himself and Democratic leaders for surpassing the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt, who respectively ended slavery and led the country through the Great Depression and World War II?"

If you're going to attack a person for what he said, shouldn't it be about what he actually said and not what Newsmax inserts between the lines?

Here's a link to the complete text

Harry and Nancy could not do the great work that they were doing unless they had an incredible team around them. Two of the people who have, let’s face it, fairly thankless jobs, but also happen to be some of the finest public servants that we have in the country -- Michael Bennet, the head of the DSCC; Steve Israel leading the charge at the DCCC. We want to thank them for the great work that they are doing. (Applause.)

And one of my favorite people who has just been an incredible source of laughter and support for many years, including when I was in the Senate -- your own Senator Barbara Boxer is here. (Applause.) Three outstanding members of Congress -- four, five -- five outstanding members of Congress here. Karen Bass is here. Where is Karen? Judy Chu is here. Anna Eshoo is here. Brad Sherman is here. And Adam Schiff is here. (Applause.) And, of course, you are all here. So I want to thank you for your support.

Now, I have been working on behalf of Steve Israel and Michael Bennet for quite some time now -- (laughter) -- including today. So rather than give a stock speech, what I want to do is spend most of our time in a conversation. And this is a small enough group that I’ll have a chance to answer some questions and take some comments. But let me just say two things, one about domestic policy, one about foreign policy.

Over the last five years, thanks to the leadership of Nancy and Harry and legislators who are here, we have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history -- saving an economy from a Great Depression; revitalizing an auto industry that is producing better cars and has come roaring back like nobody believed; doubling our exports; drastically reducing our dependence on foreign oil; doubling fuel efficiency standards; doubling our production of clean energy; reducing the pace of our carbon emissions; ending the war in Iraq; about to end the war in Afghanistan -- (applause) -- re-centering our fight against terrorism in a way that respects our values and our ideals; expanding access to college for children all across this country; ending “don’t ask, don’t tell” -- (applause) -- making sure that we are vindicating the notion that everybody should have a fair shot regardless of their sexual orientation, as well as their race and their gender; pushing for equal pay for women; reinstituting research for stem cells.

So at a Democratic fundraiser, the Democrat President said nice things about Democrats to Democrats. Whether or not you agree with anything he said, you have to wonder what the purpose of this piece is, what would the author be stating that he said things that he clearly didn't say, and why a "journalist" would cut off the first 15 words of of a 200 or so word paragraph to make it better fit his own narrative?

This thread could just as easily be about how Newsmax purposely distorts the reporting of a fundraiser to manufacture propaganda. Newsmax has a history of lying.

snopes debunking Newsmax story
NY Times debunks Newsmax story
TIME debunking Newsmax story
Daily Kos debunking fake Newsmax poll

edit on 27-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A little history may be in order....

Alarming for some, hope and change for others.

The Communist Party USA was supportive of several candidates in the 2004 election cycle including Frank Barbaro, Cynthia McKinney, Barack Obama, Betty Castor, Nancy Farmer and Inez Tenenbaum[9];

It would be helpful for each district to single out House seats that can be swung from Republican to Democrat to develop our list of key races, which includes progressive Frank Barbaro in New York and Cynthia McKinney in Georgia.

A number of exciting candidates are emerging in the Senate, in the first place Barak Obama in Illinois, and also several progressive women including Betty Castor seeking to retain retiring Bob Graham's seat as Democrat; Nancy Farmer seeking to defeat Kit Bond in Missouri; Inez Tenenbaum seeking to retain retiring Fritz Hollings seat as Democrat.

The Communist Party USA actively campaigned for Obama during his successful 2004 Illinois Senate race[10].

Activists from Illinois were immersed in the campaign to elect Barak Obama to the U.S. Senate. Obama won a landslide victory in the March 16 Democratic primary. If Obama wins in November, he would be only the third African American senator since Reconstruction.

“This was a historic victory. It was a victory for political independence and grassroots, coalition, and issue oriented politics over the machine and money,” said John Bachtell, Illinois CP district organizer.

source

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Over the last five years, thanks to the leadership of Nancy and Harry and legislators who are here, we have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history --

I think that pretty much says it all... you can shrink his speech to this one point. Sotero and his band of merry marauders actually believe that they are doing the work of the people... when actually they are just working on the people...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
YES he IS! He's awesome! Stop picking on him, he's the greatest!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

madmac5150

Over the last five years, thanks to the leadership of Nancy and Harry and legislators who are here, we have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history --

I think that pretty much says it all... you can shrink his speech to this one point. Sotero and his band of merry marauders actually believe that they are doing the work of the people... when actually they are just working on the people...

Whether you agree with what he said or not, and that's a whole bunch of threads worth of posting, he clearly did not make any of the claims that NewsMax falsely attributed to him.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I never trusted Newsmax very much as a source, but I also NEVER trust the government on what they say either! What I find odd, after Antideluvians post is that I went to you tube to find a video on Obama's speech and after spending some time searching, I just can't seem to find one!!! It seems strange to me that no video of his speech exists, but yet the WH actually went thru the trouble to post this particular speech on their website. Is that normal procedure that the WH puts every speech on the official WH website???

Sadly, I have to say, I don't know whom is telling the truth in this instance. Though my gut certainly tells me whom has lied to me more so than the other......

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

NewsMax got the 'story' right from the White House.

Remarks by the President at Second Joint DCCC/DSCC Event -- Beverly Hills, CA

Over the last five years, thanks to the leadership of Nancy and Harry and legislators who are here, we have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
He is bad but compared to Bush, Nah.

Bush is still #1 war criminal in the past decade.

but obvious partisan thread is obvious..

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I don't know why the administration's press people would release the text of a private fundraiser either and it's doubtful that there will be any video of it (since it was a private fundraiser). I assume it's some sort of filler/propaganda for the whitehouse.gov site's press section. The obvious benefit of releasing a transcript of an event for which members of the press are not present is an opportunity to control information. I wouldn't prop up any argument on the basis of something like this transcript as it's a dubious source in of itself.

That said, in this particularly instance, I don't think we'd need a video to debate NewsMax's journalistic integrity as the story itself cites the whitehouse.gov transcript as the source.

Obama gushed, in a text of the remarks, released by the White House.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
He's certainly right about better quality passenger vehicles. Some good looking American vehicles around now, and a quality build to boot, and best of all they can go round corners too!

GM and Chrysler seem to be making the best strides forward, Ford has a bit to go with their home market larger cars.
edit on 27-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by theantediluvian

NewsMax got the 'story' right from the White House.

Remarks by the President at Second Joint DCCC/DSCC Event -- Beverly Hills, CA

Over the last five years, thanks to the leadership of Nancy and Harry and legislators who are here, we have accomplished as much, if not more, than any time in our history

I stated that in my own post and provided the link. Did you read it? Did you find any of the claims that NewsMax attributed to the President?

EDIT:

quoting my earlier post, here are the claims:

- So where did President Obama claim that he is "Among Most Accomplished Presidents Ever?"
- Where did he say that "[his] administration has been the most productive in history?"
- Where did he tout "himself and Democratic leaders for surpassing the likes of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt, who respectively ended slavery and led the country through the Great Depression and World War II?"

edit on 27-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join