It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says it monitored U.S. B-52s that flew through its new air zone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
If 1 plane goes down and WE say "Act of war" we owe them exactly zip,all legal and such. Which may in fact be the point. It does follow our pattern in history, we are pre positioning things for it.

It does look that way and rightfully so since China has been very brave trying to push around their neighbors. Besides our defense pact with Japan it makes sense to contain them because we pretty much ignored Japan doing this same thing before WW2 and look how embolden they got. We only got tough with them until it was to late.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

There are no Raptors in Japan. The B-52s were on their own. If anything launched they'd simply head for the deck and run anything chasing them out of fuel if they had to.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

China could not match the technological capabilities of the U.S. Military.
reply to post by nwtrucker

The allies during WW2 couldn't match the technological superiority of the Germans either....yet they won the war. The key...?? Manufacturing capability. The US made inferior tanks, aircraft, and ships. But they could pump out inferior weaponry at a pace the Germans couldn't hope to match. They also ran out of skilled pilots, machinists, mechanics ect for their dwindling number of high tech toys.

The Chinese could win a war with the US through sheer attrition. The losses of even a few of these high tech toys of terror would be incredibly difficult to replace, if not impossible given the US's almost non existant manufacturing base. Let us not forget the sheer NUMBER of Chinese. They have a population that is what?....5X's the US. Not good odds I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Unless a country shares a border with China, China isn't a threat. They have no Power Projection capability. All of that "quantity vs quality" bit means nothing if you can't get your quantity where it is needed.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

It's not a "no fly zone." They just said that they would alert if planes flying through didn't announce their intentions to fly through.
edit on 27-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

It's not a "no fly zone." They just said that they would alert if planes flying through didn't announce their intentions to fly through.
edit on 27-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Chinese military action would/could be taken on planes not identifying themselves.
It's a no fly zone for what ever planes the Chinese decide should not be their.
The Chinese thought they were going to be able to enforce this new air zone,
it can't. There is no new air zone, it's all in their head..
It is Japanese territory, the Japanese OWN THE ISLANDS now.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Aircraft that didn't prefile a flight plan, including people on board, destination, radio frequencies used were subject to interception by Chinese military aircraft.

No fly zone, ADIZ, whatever they call it, they still can't impose it over Japanese and Korean territory.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Excellent post. I totally agree with your assesment. China is rising while the US is in decline.

The one thing I don't agree with is this so called "gutting" of the US military. Over the last 12 years the US has ramped up spending considerably....very considerably.

The 2012 budget is 6–7 times larger than the $106 billion military budget of China, and is more than the next twenty largest military spenders combined. The United States and its close allies are responsible for two-thirds to three-quarters of the world's military spending

Seems to me that the US should be able to meet it's obligations to it's troops with that kind of scratch being spent. I doubt throwing more money at the problem will better equip the troops.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

rickymouse

China is afraid if they say something we won't pay them their trillion plus back

Its only a matter of time before we default on those payments anyway, and is it really any of our business what goes on between japan and china over those islands?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

deadcalm

You might recall that the US helped win the second world war solely because of that manufacturing capability....a capability that the US no longer has.

All empires fall and are replaced by another...the US is no different. I'd suggest that it would be in the US's best interest to maintain good relations with China.

If the imports were completely stopped from China tomorrow morning I think their government would be the first to suffer a violent overthrow as 50% of export economy is shutdown without any market to replace it with.

It would hurt us badly at first but we'd rebound probably for the better. Our upside would be almost full employment and a resurgent economy within a relatively short period of years.

To bad we don't have any politicians with courage and resolve.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Unless a country shares a border with China, China isn't a threat. They have no Power Projection capability.

Excellent point. But just remember...it won't stay that way for much longer.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Aircraft that didn't prefile a flight plan, including people on board, destination, radio frequencies used were subject to interception by Chinese military aircraft.

No fly zone, ADIZ, whatever they call it, they still can't impose it over Japanese and Korean territory.

Anyone still thinking otherwise is delusional..

The Chinese just acknowledged there is no new air zone.
Any new no fly zone is a figment of their imagination..
edit on 27-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It will be at least another 10-15 years. They just laid the first parts of the hull of their first indigenous carrier. Then they have to learn how to use it, so you're probably looking at closer to 20+.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What you say about WWII manufacturing ability is true. Yet you omit the more important factor is the U.S. manufacturing was outside of the war zone and remained unscathed. Germany's was not.

Huge amounts of imports are required for the Chinese industry to function, chief among them is oil, as well as many outside supplied metals and food.

They, at this time at least, as the other poster pointed, out have little conventional ability to hit the U.S.. The U.S. can shut down that manufacturing base in China a week, maybe two at the outside.

The population difference is about 4-1. The vast majority being next to useless in any military sense.

Oh, by the way, you vastly underestimate the current manufacturing capability of the U.S.,STILL, and more importantly, it's ability to ram up faster than anyone else. IMO.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

ken10

It is not a "No fly zone", and no threats to shoot anything down have been made afaik...merely anything not identified would put China's military on alert, in case of maybe an invasion.

That's how I read it anyhow.

True and False.

It is not a No Fly Zone .. they did state they take defensive measures, meaning shooting down, planes that did not notify China they are entering the zone.

Problem is that the airspace does not belong to China. They are trying to threaten, bully, and intimidate smaller Asian countries into accepting China's will as law. If China wants it, they want others ti simply give it to them.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

deadcalm

The title of your thread is misleading at best. I read the article and nowhere did the chinese say they were "afraid to act". They monitored the B-52's...end of story. The Chinese would have nothing to gain by scrambling jets....in fact, I think the Chinese showed a level of restraint the US would be good to adopt. Flying bombers that were originally designed to deliver nuclear weapons to Russia in the area was a provocation that did nothing but worsen the tensions in the area. What ever happened to diplomacy?? Why is the first answer to everything these day, to pull out the military hardware and make veiled threats???

I personally claim all of China my own personal airspace, and anything flying there MUST ask me for permission! You think people should comply, or negotiate with me? Or is ignoring me good enough? That's basically what happened here, China took Japanese airspace and said it's now ours.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The USA has that capability..
Its just that for the time being, the greedy elites chose to shut it down and import (because its cheaper!) and more profitable.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

JHumm

rickymouse

China is afraid if they say something we won't pay them their trillion plus back

Its only a matter of time before we default on those payments anyway, and is it really any of our business what goes on between japan and china over those islands?

Last I checked we have a treaty with Japan that says it is. Maybe you should inform yourself.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

deadcalm

China could not match the technological capabilities of the U.S. Military.
reply to post by nwtrucker

The allies during WW2 couldn't match the technological superiority of the Germans either....yet they won the war. The key...?? Manufacturing capability. The US made inferior tanks, aircraft, and ships. But they could pump out inferior weaponry at a pace the Germans couldn't hope to match. They also ran out of skilled pilots, machinists, mechanics ect for their dwindling number of high tech toys.

The Chinese could win a war with the US through sheer attrition. The losses of even a few of these high tech toys of terror would be incredibly difficult to replace, if not impossible given the US's almost non existant manufacturing base. Let us not forget the sheer NUMBER of Chinese. They have a population that is what?....5X's the US. Not good odds I'm afraid.

Eh what? The last accurate data for manufacturing output was 2010, the US was worth $1.77, China $1.75 (T).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join