It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says it monitored U.S. B-52s that flew through its new air zone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
The Chinese military says it identified the U.S. military aircraft
U.S. official: B-52s didn't tell Beijing about flights over China's new air defense zone
Washington and Tokyo have criticized Beijing's declaration of the new zone
They say it increases tensions and raises risks of an incident

After news of the flights emerged, the Chinese defense ministry responded cautiously Wednesday, saying it had monitored the planes' activity on the edge of the air defense zone. The statement held back from criticizing the U.S. action.
At a regular briefing later Wednesday, a journalist asked a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman if Beijing is concerned it will now be seen as a "paper tiger."
"I want to emphasize that the Chinese government has enough resolution and capability to safeguard the country's sovereignty and security," the spokesman, Qin Gang replied.

Well there we have it. China is trying to act tough, but knows America will defeat their
communist, dictator, civilian right-violations, oppressive government..

The Chinese knew damn well their new declaration is garbage..
Japan owns those Islands, China has no right to them.
The new designed airspace is just made up lines in China's head.
They will not be recognized and America will not be dictated by the Chinese.
China the paper tiger stands down
edit on 27-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/11/2013 by Sauron because: fixed tittle

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

China is afraid if they say something we won't pay them their trillion plus back

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is not a "No fly zone", and no threats to shoot anything down have been made afaik...merely anything not identified would put China's military on alert, in case of maybe an invasion.

That's how I read it anyhow.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, IT IS basically a no fly zone, China declared the airspace theirs, and any air craft in the area must have approval from them.. Obviously, this was just them running their mouths, because they sure did not back it up..

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Numerous countries, including the United States and Japan, have air defense identification zones of their own. The zones are established to help countries track or monitor aircraft nearing their territories, but in this case, the zones of Japan and China overlap. Security experts worry that China’s new zone could increase the likelihood of a mishap that sparks a wider armed conflict, drawing in the United States, which is treaty-bound to protect Japan.

Source

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The title of your thread is misleading at best. I read the article and nowhere did the chinese say they were "afraid to act". They monitored the B-52's...end of story. The Chinese would have nothing to gain by scrambling jets....in fact, I think the Chinese showed a level of restraint the US would be good to adopt. Flying bombers that were originally designed to deliver nuclear weapons to Russia in the area was a provocation that did nothing but worsen the tensions in the area. What ever happened to diplomacy?? Why is the first answer to everything these day, to pull out the military hardware and make veiled threats???

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

deadcalm

The title of your thread is misleading at best. I read the article and nowhere did the chinese say they were "afraid to act". They monitored the B-52's...end of story. The Chinese would have nothing to gain by scrambling jets....in fact, I think the Chinese showed a level of restraint the US would be good to adopt. Flying bombers that were originally designed to deliver nuclear weapons to Russia in the area was a provocation that did nothing but worsen the tensions in the area. What ever happened to diplomacy?? Why is the first answer to everything these day, to pull out the military hardware and make veiled threats???

What your saying would matter IF the no fly zone/chinese air zone was legit, which it is not..

It is Chinese imagination. There is NO new air zone thats the thing..

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I would be careful with that smug attitude. The US is an empire in decline. The Chinese are rising to the level of a superpower VERY quickly. Their miltary is being modernized at a blistering pace. They have HUGE manufacturing capabilty. You might recall that the US helped win the second world war solely because of that manufacturing capability....a capability that the US no longer has.

All empires fall and are replaced by another...the US is no different. I'd suggest that it would be in the US's best interest to maintain good relations with China.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What your saying would matter IF the no fly zone/chinese air zone was legit, which it is not..

It is Chinese imagination. There is NO new air zone thats the thing.

Just because something isn't true doesn't mean a politician wouldn't say it anyway.....maybe you remember this one.....

"Iraq has WMD's"

Had diplomacy been used in lieu of military might....millions of innocent people would still be alive, a country wouldn't have been destroyed and 6000 American soldiers would be with their families now.

I'm not saying the Chinese are right....merely that there are more productive ways of dealing with this.

Thanks for the comment!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Fairly embarrassing for China, their postures shot down within just a few days. Surprised they didn't scramble a few fighters just for show even, total humiliation.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The thing that people fail to realize is that the Chinese are patient... they have their airspace drawn up the way they want it, and will most likely not contest the area in question until they are ready to...

I would not take China lightly at all... and if anything is going to get us in trouble with China will be our own hubris...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
All China has to do is use 1 nuke about 200 miles up. Wait two years for most of the population to die off, and then they'll have the South Pacific to themselves. They should even be able to launch a ground invasion if they nuke key military assets when they use the EMP.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No matter how you look at it it's an illegal ADIZ. The Senkaku islands are Japanese territory, China has no right to set up an ADIZ there.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ken10

It is not a "No fly zone", and no threats to shoot anything down have been made afaik...merely anything not identified would put China's military on alert, in case of maybe an invasion.

That's how I read it anyhow.

No, China claimed it was their airspace and any aircraft not authorized by them in advance would be met with their military. How is that a no fly zone for any other countries military? They talk smack but when we call them out they always back down. They know they wont stand a chance in a real toe to toe fight with our military because any President would be forced to take the leash off the big dog, unlike these conflicts of the last 50 years were our military was always one foot in and out thanks to the politicians.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

alphaTango
All China has to do is use 1 nuke about 200 miles up. Wait two years for most of the population to die off, and then they'll have the South Pacific to themselves. They should even be able to launch a ground invasion if they nuke key military assets when they use the EMP.

You need to see the test results from when we did the same thing many times over our own country and the pacific back in the dam 60s. EMP will have no effect on our military at all. AT&T also has an underground communications grid set up for our country to survive a nuclear war. Ever since those test, every piece of military hardware has been protected against it. Even a basic radio in a Humvee. That is why they cost a lot of money and you can not buy one without a military contractors license. They do that for fear they will end up overseas in a not so friendly nation. Just one Harris radio can cost as much as 10 thousand dollars. I used to install them until I got a conscience of what they were being used for.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

madmac5150
The thing that people fail to realize is that the Chinese are patient... they have their airspace drawn up the way they want it, and will most likely not contest the area in question until they are ready to...

I would not take China lightly at all... and if anything is going to get us in trouble with China will be our own hubris...

They have a very long way to go if they want to challege us at anything other than a ground war man to man. Or the speed of witch they copy stuff and try to push the crap onto the market lol. You can only see the stuff our military wants you to see. Its almost ancient compared to what we really have today.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If 1 plane goes down and WE say "Act of war" we owe them exactly zip,all legal and such. Which may in fact be the point. It does follow our pattern in history, we are pre positioning things for it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

MortlitantiFMMJ
Fairly embarrassing for China, their postures shot down within just a few days. Surprised they didn't scramble a few fighters just for show even, total humiliation.

Because Raptors were shadowing them out of Japan and they made the right guess that they would be. They were very lucky they did not send up anything to push around the B-52's cause the Raptor pilots would have had to much fun running them off or just scaring the hell out of them. I can see it now as the Chinese pilots talk all kinds of crap to the B-52 pilots and then crap their pants as their missile lock warning alarms screamed in their cockpits. That would have made for a very funny video if a B-52 crewman filmed it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Your right re the "decline" of this "empire' and the improvements of the Chinese military.

Just a little premature on your part to suggest it's a fait accompli, at this juncture.

I believe it was early last summer when the commander of the Chinese military was taken on a tour of some highly classified bases in the U.S. and was shown some of the capabilities of the U.S. military-I have no earthly idea what that was- and publically stated that China could not match the technological capabilities of the U.S. Military.

Just a reminder- I know circumstances are much different these days- it took just one Presidential change, Carter to Reagan, to completely change the world landscape, militarily and politically.

There's a decent chance something similar could occur again.....

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I am recently retired from the USAF and have a pretty damned good idea of our capabilities... in no way am I saying that we should fear China at the moment.

HOWEVER, with the gutting of our military over the last few years, the firings of quality officers and SNCOs, the Chinese use of espionage, and China's industrial base we cannot turn a blind eye to anything that they may be up to...

We are most definitely up to the task in the here and now, but what about 5 or 10 years down the road?

edit on 27-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Incorrect tense was making me tense...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join