It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitstamp: 959.88 Mt. GOX: 1,064.99 BTC-E: 938.99 Camp BX:965.93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wake up this morning to bitstamp trading at 950. Mt. GOX already broke 1000 so should every other exchange very very soon.
Markets

I'm not exactly sure why there isn't more buzz on ATS regarding the infancy of the world's new form of currency. Just to give you an idea of the highest trading commodities on the planet.

Top Three Most Expensive Stocks In The US

3. NVR construction - $740 a share
2. Seaboard Corp - $1,920 a share
1. Berkshire Hathaway - $121,049.00 a share
www.businessinsider.com... ve-single-shares-in-the-us-right-now-2012-3#

At the time of this post submission, Bitstamp now $963.98 and to give a little perspective, Apple is only sharing at $600. Not bad for a 010101 currency with no intrinsic value.

People really should be paying attention to this.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'm not exactly sure why there isn't more buzz on ATS regarding the infancy of the world's new form of currency.

In my case, it's because I really don't even understand how it works. And reading wiki just gave me the impression that it is made up money.

Finance is really not my thing. But I do wish I understood the what and how of this bitcoin.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I've been trying

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

LTC is almost to $30 on BTC-E now too and NVC is over $24.
edit on 27-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Understandable. It's actually quite complicated but I would be happy to try andbreak it down for you in less than 30 seconds. Some anonymous programmer designed a software program to create virtual money out of an internet protocol. It has no central banking and can not be manipulated by the system. It is hosted on everyone's computer much like napster was back in the day and avoids the clutches of the banks. The "virtual money" is not printed per se, but rather released from a very complex mathematical problem once solved. The more solved, the harder the math problem hence, the more valuable the bitcoin. This is called a 'block" and each block contains 25 bitcoins, or BTC. There is also a cap on the amount of BTC and this won't be reached until the year 2140. This prevents "over printing" like paper money is.

There are now over 10,000 merchants now accepting BTC online as payments and entire countries in Africa use BTC as their currency because there is no central banking system. You can either buy BTC or make a super computer to calculate a math problem and solve it which would then release the BTC to you. These are called miners and they are needed to "print' BTC

China has caught on as well and want a steak in Africa. They are mining the BTC and are driving the price waaaaaaay up. Some analysts believe BTC can hit 1,000,000 in which case would make you very rich if you owned one.
edit on 27-11-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

LTC is $30? son-of-a... I better get on that.

BTC is gold
LTC is silver.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Unfortunately my mining partners and I dumped 400 LTC when it was at $2 and some change last month to buy parts for another rig

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Bought 1 coin a month ago, when it hoovered around 200 USD, been addicted to the charts at bitcoinity ever since.bitcoinity
For a good intro to bitcoins check wireds article
bitcoin survival guide
edit on 27-11-2013 by TheElectricAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i have been mining bitcoin for about a couple of months with a single asic block erupter i recieved for my birthday, and for the past week i have been using 8 more that a friend has loaned me. With these, along with visits to many many bitcoin faucets, i have been able to buy 2 litecoin (LTC) and 249 worldcoin (WDC), in hopes that they will follow the pattern set by bitcoins' meteoric rise in value. Hopefully, this investment will help me get off of the streets. I first heard of bitcoin when reports that some guy bought 2 pizzas with 10k of what was termed as 'WoW gold" I wanted to invest 20 bucks, but couldn't talk any of my friends into helping me out with the transaction (i have NO credit cards), and so lost out on the initial launch of crypto-currency.

Not gonna happen again.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Thanks to you, and to electric ant, for helping out an old lady!

While it is very interesting, and more power and good luck to those of you "investing", I'm afraid I'm not very trusting at this point. IDK, something just feels "off" about it. meh, could just be a fear of change.

I do hope that you people make lots and lots of money with it though!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
first you get bitcoins to purchase weed, then you wake up to the great conspiracy and hear that bitcoin has other aspects

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What do you think of Karma koin? I can buy it at the local store.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Maybe, ultimately... this will be an equalizer.

You get the rich and powerful to invest tons of money in assets that cannot be stolen, cannot be lost, and cannot be destroyed. You then make this in to a fever-pitched frenzy where the poor look at this and say "hmmm... this is strange" yet can't afford to do it which further feeds the ego of the powerful who, in turn, buys even more of it alongside many of the power-hungry nations.

Then let's say the impossible happens. Something completely wipes out the ability to use machinery or electronics and that suddenly wipe out all data storage so that even people who stored their records in Faraday cages in some secret bunker would lose their info.

I think that if an organization wanted to equalize and close the economic disparity gap, this would be a way to get a huge jump start on the whole plan.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Then let's say the impossible happens. Something completely wipes out the ability to use machinery or electronics and that suddenly wipe out all data storage so that even people who stored their records in Faraday cages in some secret bunker would lose their info.

I thought of that. Except on the language coding level and the evolution of the computer. Specifically, quantum computers. Currently, the internet relies on protocols using binary code. If all of that changes in the next 20 years more or less, then that would make crypto-currencies obsolete.

And yes, a huge CME from the sun would make everyone revert back to paper losing all their data. That would suck. There are flaws with this new system but just like anything else, it will get better.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Which exchange did you get LTC? And what payment method did you use? I'm on BCT-E but can't figure out how to load the account.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by occrest

Which exchange did you get LTC? And what payment method did you use? I'm on BCT-E but can't figure out how to load the account.

I was using Mcxnow exchange till RealSolid decided that running the exchange solo was too much of an undertaking, then switched to BTC_E, where i bought the LTC with the btc i mined. I can't seem to get the miners working on my POS macbook pro, so have to rely on exchanges to convert. You load the account by clicking on the 'finances' link located under your username at the top-right corner of the page. That will take you to a list of currencies traded on BTC_E, each currency having buttons for deposit/withdrawal. Just deposit normally as you would your own bitcoin wallet, wait for the confirmation, then start trading. The wait wasn't too long, about an hour or so.

As of 6:24am pst, LTC was trading @ $41.799998 ea. I only have 2 LTC at the moment....not much, but it is a start.

If you are going to get into litecoin, you had better start soon. Alpha Technology Announces ASIC Miners for Litecoin are Coming Soon, so i inagine the price of LTC will skyrocket just as BTC did once the market was saturated with ASIC chips and the difficulty rose.

edit on 28-11-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by occrest

You load the account by clicking on the 'finances' link located under your username at the top-right corner of the page. That will take you to a list of currencies traded on BTC_E, each currency having buttons for deposit/withdrawal. Just deposit normally as you would your own bitcoin wallet

I created my wallet with blockchain's bitstamp and paid directly via a bitcoin ATM machine. When I select finances and BTC, I see a QR code with an address to deposit bitcoin. This is where things get confusing. I don't want to transfer my BTC from bitstamp but rather purchase separately on BTC-E. But reading online says I have to open a coinbase.com account, link an american bank account then transfer to BTC-E. Thing is, I'm in Canada so that option won't work. Arg.

It's still not clear to me how to use my wallet or how that QR code is used to deposit BTC.

top topics

join