It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Soldiers Killed By Israelis (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Israeli troops has killed egyptian soldiers or policemen along the Gaza-Egypt border. The Israeli soldiers startet shooting at "suspicious movements" which lead to the death of the egyptian soldiers/policemen. Israel Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev says the incident is still under investigation.

www.news.com.au
A PRELIMINARY Israeli army investigation has found that troops apparently killed three Egyptian soldiers they mistook for Palestinian militants along the Gaza-Egypt border, a Foreign Ministry official said.

If Egyptian soldiers were the victims, than Israel regretted the incident, Mr Regev said.

The incident could cause tension between the two former enemies. Israel and Egypt signed a peace agreement in 1979, but have often had shaky relations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Shooting across borders is illegal. I don't expect any penalties are given out to the soldiers. Neither should they be given any penalties. Afterall, they are at war against terror. -Right? Even if they wore colourful uniforms with flashing light, they should be shot at. Who knows, maybe the terrorists dress up as foreign soldiers too.

Related News Links:
www.haaretzdaily.com

Related Forum Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Ulvetann]

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Ulvetann]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
how typical of israel kill first ask later, i bet if egypt had killed israeli soldiers, israel will attack back but as israel attacked egypt they cant f**king do s**t, what the point really go to the un? We cant have that now because USA will veto it we dont want another 9/11 funded by israel yes mossad knew about 9/11 probley even helped them...

[edit on 18-11-2004 by udsad1]

[edit on 18-11-2004 by udsad1]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
isreal is to cocky what ever comes their way they deserve

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Im about as sick as the rest of you guys hearing about the Israelis and this God-given right they think they have to subjugate and kill on a whim.....in recent times, they have been so callous that they barely try to hide or cover these things up anymore like some of the excuses they used to give out. There was no excuse for this act, no need, and I wish the Egyptians would petition the UN to start sanctions against the Israelis unless they curb their murderous and aggressive tactics in and around their borders and the rest of the middle east.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I wish the Egyptians would petition the UN to start sanctions against the Israelis unless they curb their murderous and aggressive tactics in and around their borders and the rest of the middle east.

Indeed, I agree. But you could count in microseconds the amount of time it would take for two things to happen:

A) They would cry anti-semitism
B) USA would block any and all resolutions that may harm Israel. (and this comes from the country and that claims to hate the UN, when in fact, they are part of the problem)

edit for #ty spelling

[edit on 18/11/04 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Not smart, not smart at all. Egypt is already dealing with those locusts. I imagine that's enough to put them in a bad mood, let alone being attacked by a foreign army! Egypt might just decide to invade Isreal and steal all of their crop due to the locusts eating all of their own.

If that occurs, I will support Operation: Feed Egypt!

Let's see how easy it is to fight a war with Egypt when Isreal is already fighting the "terrorists" and has just lost thier leader.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

From: Aljazeera.net: Israel apologises for Egyptian deaths

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has offered his apologies to the Egyptian government after Israeli forces killed three soldiers on the Egyptian side of the border. Speaking to President Husni Mubarak by telephone on Thursday, Sharon said no soldier would ever intend to fire into Egypt.

Egypt reacted by condemning and strongly protesting against the incident, calling it an "irresponsible" act along the Gaza-Egypt border. Husain Abd al-Ghani said the tank was less than 20 metres away from the patrol when it opened fire and that all six men were in Egyptian army uniform.

"The Egyptian foreign ministry has demanded an explanation and underlined the fact that the incident represents a grave violation of Egyptian-Israeli peace agreements,"

[edit on 2004/11/19 by Hellmutt]

new topics

top topics

join