It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registration DOES NOT lead to Confiscation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

buster2010
This isn't against the Constitution you can still bear arms just not ones with clips that hold more than five rounds. No where in the Constitution does it say anything about clip size.

That's correct. "No where in the Constitution does it say anything about clip size"

So then, why to hysterically sobbing leftists use "Clip Size" as an excuse to further remove arms from citizens?

What will it be next?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Hmm, not sure what to think of that. Interesting, I guess.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

buster2010

This isn't against the Constitution you can still bear arms just not ones with clips that hold more than five rounds. No where in the Constitution does it say anything about clip size. People that are against this law in NYC should protest the Mayor's office and say they should be at least able to arm themselves with the same personal defense weapons as the DHS. AR15 with a 30 round clip.

You should at least read the Second Amendment because it is clear you haven't. The Constitution doesn't say "certain firearms can be restricted"... It clearly states:

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

www.law.cornell.edu...

What is to infringe?

in·fringe
verb in-ˈfrinj

: to do something that does not obey or follow (a rule, law, etc.) ( chiefly US )

: to wrongly limit or restrict (something, such as another person's rights)

www.merriam-webster.com...

New York already has many bans and restrictions of firearms yet it is one of the cities with the most crimes with firearms in the nation alongside cities like Detroit. Do you even understand what that means? The cities and nations with either bans or heavy restrictions on firearms are the ones where firearm violence is the highest or has been increasing dramatically... When you restrict and or ban firearms you are leaving good people defenseless. CRIMINALS do not follow laws, it's why they are CRIMINALS.

edit on 27-11-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

The police can't confiscate all the guns. I mean - there is less than a million cops and 300 million of us. Confiscation would take hundreds of teams of a dozen men or more 30+ years to sweep from one house to another. Talk about telegraphing your punches.

The irony of American life is we are drowning in TV shows which depict the police as all-knowing and omnipresent. The truth is they are hard pressed to solve normal crimes, even though TV makes it seem as if they always get their perp. Confiscation, outside of science fiction, is impossible. Fretting over it is a non-starter for anyone with an IQ over 75.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You seem to not understand.
Those are 22lr. The one is a bolt action. Even the tube fed ones hold at least 10 rounds. The bolt action 22 on that paper does not have a magazine. It just holds more than 5 rounds because 22's are so small they are capable.

I don't expect you to be very knowledgeable on the subject given your ill conceived position, but you are wrong.

The guns were legal, they made them register, then made certain types illegal, and since they had them registered the government knew they had them and thus is confiscating them (presuming this letter is accurate). That means in FACT that gun registration DOES lead to confiscation.

The idea of making guns illegal if they hold more than 5 rounds is intentional. Most handguns hold more than 5 rounds. Even little pocket 380s generally hold 6+1.

Stop being so wrong. Start using your brain. The steps are engineered to take the most they can. They push it, and when people adjust they push it again. That is what you are seeing here if you thought about it for a second rather than copy paste your agenda line.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

There should be No Restrictive use of Firearms for Hunting or Self Defense by a Responsable People in a FREE SOCIETY . * (Period)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
History would argue otherwise. Historically speaking, registration almost always leads to confiscation. Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and Communist China all implemented restrictions and registration laws before they totally disarmed the populace.

It's a psychological warfare program. At the moment they can't flat out take away everyone's firearms away so they are going to incrementally implement restriction after restriction, year after year to the point where it is pretty much a de facto ban and when the right crisis comes along, they can get away with whatever they want. This track is leading to 1 destination, and you can probably imagine what it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

This is what we call a JB weld special. This model is a Full Auto Uzi and will be delivered to your door with no checks whatsoever. We refer to this as a JB weld special because all you need to assemble a SMG is couple tubes of JB weld or similar epoxy. Given you would face 10 years and a $250,000 fine, but I cant imagine this would stop any real criminal. I know you can build any kit like AK's HK's etc.. and I know some of the most dependable arms on the planet are built in the caves of Pakistan et al but kits that can be built using no tools should not be available.

www.gunbroker.com...

This is why our gangs are the best armed on the planet, and you can bet a million bucks that the cartels prefer parts kits to legally obtained weapons. When I hear talk of gun control that effects the legal owner one must wonder what is really afoot.

You will never hear about machine gun crime in the media. Rest assured though when you hear of gang related shootings many are from full auto machine guns. There are literally 10's of millions of parts kits in country. When the Clinton ban took effect those effected just started cutting their guns and shipping in ten times as many. Since they are completely untracked the true number may never be known.

The Krinkov seems to be most popular with US gangs. Nice gun but highly illegal! This kit does include the sear trip and rate reducer needed for full auto fire. Once again no checks whatsoever and if you use an 80% receiver to assemble then it too requires no checks and can be delivered to your door.
www.gunbroker.com...

Here are some howto's on the AK build.
www.youtube.com...

Good luck with your gun control agenda!
edit on 28-11-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

Can we stop saying that now?

Scan of notices hitting mailboxes across NY state now. Just in time for the holidays.

Just wanted to point out that this is limited to NYC and not state wide. At least for now. Personally I could give a rats @** about them sending out letters when the governor has started a campaign to turn our neighbors into rats by offering a $500 bounty for names and addresses of people who may have guns or magazines in violation of the unSAFE ACT. Not only do they get 500 for ratting you out, you don't even have to actually have anything violating the law and they still get not just the money but anonymity. It sets it up so that people can get pissed at an ex or coworker, tattle on them to the state, get paid, ruin your day or life and have no consequences. It really is a page out of the SS play book.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

What guns hold less the 5 bullets? A revolver has 6. And the Constitution say Right to Bear arms shall not be infringed! Period.

How about I take away your yours or anybody's Free Speech because it is to far off the Narrative or too Radical to those who judge what's Radical and Not.

Anybody protesting against our countries soldiers are deemed dangerous and radical.

My answer is " Nowhere does it say in the constitution that anti war protesting can't be touched under free speech.

Would you agree?

When they wrote the right to bear arms they didn't have to put 100,000 different guns and clips, and sizes.

People like you don't want the Constitution, you want to find excuses to tear it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i think the main problem is the language shift seen in american english where many words are no longer defined as they used to be. like the term "well regulated" in today's meaning it is to be ruled or controlled properly through laws but in the 18th century it meant properly operated as in training in it's use, maintenance of the weapon and easy access to it essentially.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Why would you need to register your guns? All you have to do in jump on a forum or Facebook, and tell EVERYONE about ALL the GUNS you have! If your friends online can see it, do you think for one moment that our government is somehow limited from seeing what kind of weapons you possess? I promise you, if your FB friends can see it, the FED will too!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The Cat With The Gat Came Back:

As I rose from comfy bed with slumber foremost in my head...then prepared to start day and go about my merry way.
I walked my dog and fed my fish...then finished breakfast and washed the dish.
Tossing newspaper aside I lay some down for dog to find...or I would return from work and find a stinky pile of dirt.
Then out the door to see what life had held in store for me...I buttoned my jacket to keep me warm, there's one last ritual left to perform.

But when I went to check my mail, something there made me turn pale...I staggered back into to house and sat there quiet as a mouse.

A piece of paper had found me that stripped me of security...for it would seem my Uncle Sam had put me in a nasty jam.
4473 was it's name and to my eternal shame...it made a "request" of me that I was to be disarmed you see.
It looked official and said to me to give up arms of certain degree...but there's no way this could be true, to not allow a .22?
I was overcome with fright, what on Earth gives them the right...to dictate unto me what I do with my liberty?

Then was a knock upon my door, followed by a dozen more...it gave me a dreadful scare, I thought the government was there.
But to my suprise through swollen teary eyes...did I look down to see a feline looking back at me.
I am no stranger to this fellow, I only hope he is more mellow...and hope he would not act a louse as last time he destroyed my house.

Sam, why do you look so sad...I've just arrived, you should be glad?
Invite me inside your home...it's kinda cold out here you know?
I will pull out all the stops...it'll be just like before, except maybe less cops.

This is not a good time I fear...something dreadful now draws near.
NYC will take my rifle...and my rights that they will stifle.
A Constitutional violation...of freedoms founded in this nation.
I don't want 4473 in hand...I do not want one Sam I am.

The Cat raised his eyebrows to me...and cocked his head ever so slightly.
And looked at me with deep regret and said words I shall not forget...

"Are you @#$%^&* kidding me!?"

The Cat was not at all impressed...by my apparent distress.
He barged right through my front door...and began to set up on the floor.

The biggest d@mn gun I ever saw in my whole life.

I stared at first and shook my head...my mind began to fill with dread.
Whatever would I do now...I can not break my solumn vow.
To obey the law at all cost...so that all shall not be lost.
Sam would love to stop the Cat but now he has this Giant Gat.

Cat assures Sam that he can hack it...then throws him some Full Metal Jacket.
Then off the pair do go...in the frozen winter snow.
If NYPD saw what they brought...Sam knew they'd both be shot.
But the Cat thought Sam was being bold...shivering just because it's cold.

To Cityhall the Cat did trek...And Sam was now a nervous wreck.
This crazy cat will get me dead...a double tap to my forehead.
But then to my suprise came a tall man with blue eyes.
The Cat swiped the form from Sam's hand...threw it in disgust at the man and demanded:

"What is the meaning of this!?"

You must accept, you have no choice...you're just a citizen, you have no voice.
We did it when you weren't paying attention...distracted by indefinite detention.
You think this is over? It's only begun...and you're powerless to stop us without any guns.
Everbody was warned, Nobody listened...and this is the result, exactly as predicted.

The-Cat-just-lost-it.

How dare you say these things to me...I can't be pushed around you see.
It's called the 2nd Amendment...not relinquished without incident.
Your statutes have a flaw...they must be found against the law.
Personal freedom at all cost...or all we cherish will be lost.

The Cat is now serving the first of five consecutive back-to-back life sentences with no chance of parole.

Sam is now a big disgrace...stuck in an NSA database.
Things will never be the same...if only he'd not played this game.
But things did not turn out as planned...when citizens stood across the land.
They realized that Sam was right...and took up his historic plight.

They rallied all on one demand...all to help a single man.
Who had helped showed them the way...with a cat who came to play.
They marched into the Congress bold...and this is what they were told:

The citizen's right to keep arms, shall not be infringed...to any who would thwart this right, tis now your time to cringe.
The politicians tried their best to disarm the people true...but in the end had realized there's nothing else to do.
A triumphant shout rose from the crowd so loud it rocked the hall...De Blasio would concede the fight or get kicked out next fall.

If there's a lesson to be taken from this aweful mess...it's to air all grievances in hope of just redress.
Always know the difference between a privaledge and a right...or you find both stolen from you, taken in the night.
Should you ignore this sound advice and try a different plan...you too may wake up one day to find you're just like Sam.
And once you're caught up in this mess with nothing else to do...I'll go down and post his bail and send my cat to you!

-Peace-
edit on 29-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 29-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Classic!!!
Thanks for the smile

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just a thought, always enjoy a rousing discussion re: the 2nd Amendment.

It doesn't matter what the "down" side of gun-ownership is (accidents, crime, etc.). The "upside" of gun-confiscation is worse: Tyranny.

Not all that complicated -- unless you're a liberal Utopian.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If you want your literal 2nd amendment enforced then fine. Keep all the arms you want. No ammo and no right to use them thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Uhhhhhhhhhhh . . . the globalist oligarchy has admitted in their own writings and speeches

THAT REGISTRATION IS A FROG-IN-THE-BUCKET FIRST STEP TO CONFISCATION.

They've proven they are quite capable of incrementally advancing to all their other tyrannical genocidal goals.

It's lunacy to think they are being sweetness and light about registration.

Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

PsykoOps
If you want your literal 2nd amendment enforced then fine. Keep all the arms you want. No ammo and no right to use them thought.

The Federalist Papers , eighty five in total address issues of this nature. Additionally, said Papers are referenced more frequently then the actual Constitution.

" ...... but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."

There are other quotes indicating long guns and side arms should be EQUAL to those of the opposing force.
Placing restrictions on magazine capacity would be considered infringement.

Please don't go down the road with " Then it should be reasonable for citizens to own a nuke etc. "
Our resent invasion of several Sovereign Nation would strongly suggest Small arms are more then sufficient to
thwart the intentions of a larger more sophisticated force.

Just my opinion, although I'd suggest it is shared by a great many Americans.

The People of NYC have been subjected to this incremental infringement for a VERY VERY LONG TIME.
Not so with the folks here in Colorado. Three nut cases introduced and passed some very poorly conceived gun laws.
TWO have been recalled and the third misguided WITCH has quite. This is AMERICA where we have the RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. If the founders desire was to limit, or exclude ammunition ,they would of stated " We have the right to keep and bear CLUBS "

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think the only restrictions that should be placed on someone in the US from what type of weapons they own is their pocketbook (except maybe.. maybe if they're certified mentally unstable.). Even felons who've served their time should be allowed to rejoin society by owning firearms, and voting if they so wish to waste their time. "Cant afford a howitzer? How would you like to test fire a 20mm auto cannon?", that should be what a gun show sounds like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join