It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SPIRIT-WORLD: What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Spirits may be defined as the intelligent beings of the creation. They constitute the population of the universe, in contradistinction to the forms of the material world.

Are spirits distinct from God, or are they only emanations from or portions of the Deity, and called, for that reason, "sons" or "children" of God?

Spirits are the work of God, just as a machine is the work of the mechanician who made it: the machine is the man's work, but it is not the man. You know that when a man has made a fine or useful thing, he calls it his 'child'-his 'creation.' It is thus with us in relation to God. We are His children in this sense, because we are His work.

If spirits had not had a beginning, they would be equal with God; whereas they are His creation, and subject to His will. That God has existed from all eternity is incontestable; but as to when and how He created us, we know nothing. You may say that we have had no beginning in this sense, that, God being eternal, He must have incessantly created. But as to when and how each of us was made, this, I repeat, is known to no one. It is the great mystery.

Since there are two general elements in the universe, namely, the intelligent element and the material element, would it be correct to say that spirits are formed from the intelligent element as inert bodies are formed from the material element?

"It is evident that such is the case. Spirits are the individualization of the intelligent principle, as bodies are the individualization of the material principle. It is the epoch and mode of this formation that are unknown to us.

Do spirits constitute a world apart from that which we see?

Yes; the world of spirits or incorporeal intelligences.

Which of the two, the spirit-world or the corporeal world, is the principal one in the order of the universe?

The spirit-world. It is pre-existent to, and survives, everything else.

Might the corporeal world never have existed, or cease to exist, without changing the essentiality of the spirit-world?

Yes; they are independent of each other, and yet their correlation is incessant, for they react incessantly upon each other."

Do spirits occupy a determinate and circumscribed region in space?

Spirits are everywhere; the infinitudes of space are peopled with them in infinite numbers. Unperceived by you, they are incessantly beside you, observing and acting upon you; for spirits are one of the powers of Nature, and are the instruments employed by God for the accomplishment of His providential designs. But all spirits do not go everywhere; there are regions of which the entrance is interdicted to those who are less advanced.

Science and the nature or spirits will one day be realized that they are one and the same. Science cannot disprove spiritualism. It is the force or programming that it is in everything in the universe. One cannot deny this force as science searches for these answers
_allan KardeC
edit on 27-11-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Im really interested in all of this but what always puts me off is the reality that no one really knows all of this nobody has ever visited the spirit world really many claim to have in dreams mabe but really no offense it is just say so how do you really know this to be true? i try to believe because i want to believe but theres always the doubt that it is a load of nonsense and that will always be my burden

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

zedy63

Im really interested in all of this but what always puts me off is the reality that no one really knows all of this nobody has ever visited the spirit world really many claim to have in dreams mabe but really no offense it is just say so how do you really know this to be true? i try to believe because i want to believe but theres always the doubt that it is a load of nonsense and that will always be my burden

How is it possible to define a thing in regard to which no terms of comparison exist, and which your language is incompetent to express? Can one who is born blind define light? 'Immaterial' is not the right word; 'incorporeal' would be nearer the truth, for you must understand that a spirit, being a creation, must be something real. Spirit is quintessentialised matter, but matter existing in a state which has no analogue within the circle of your comprehension, and so ethereal that it could not be perceived by your senses.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

zedy63

i believe it comes from within, when one is ready for it. take some time and get to know the inside of you, see what, over the years, you have "felt" and acted upon for that reason only, and honestly see if it aided you or not.

i see it in my life quite easily, this consciousnesses feeling, that has led me always in the right direction, whether it appeared that way at the time, or not.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Yeah i know what your saying i have found sometimes i really think i believe i start to feel a bit better then i get the voice within lol telling me im fantasizing and then the feeling goes its all to good to be true

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

zedy63

Yeah i know what your saying i have found sometimes i really think i believe i start to feel a bit better then i get the voice within lol telling me im fantasizing and then the feeling goes its all to good to be true

i enjoy the analogy, we are radios picking up our creators wifi and i believe that is just the case. frequency's we have no way of picking up, if our own frequency is not tuned into it at the moment.

if one subscribes to the notion that we as spirits are part of our source, then surely we must have the ability to communicate at some level. i believe those who cannot are just not tuned into the right area, for whatever reason, good or bad.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

"Spirit World" Link to the "Spirit World"

From the same site - > 81. Are spirits formed spontaneously, or do they proceed from one another?

Posted in Origin and Nature of Spirits
“God creates them as He creates all other creatures, by His will. But we must again repeat that their origin is a mystery.”

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

zedy63

The thing with spiritualism and esp is that it cannot be exploited as you have as much control over those faculties as you do in controlling your blood pressure, heart rate, and chemical balance at a microscopic level in real time.

Imagine trying to teach an ant or a worm quantum physics or simple math. To the ant, for he will never understand, do these subjects or physics, math and the universe cease to exist because the ant will never understand it ?

Of course not, just as there are higher 'realms' that we will never comprehend. Do they cease to exist? It would be safe to keep an open mind and admit we are dumber than an ant when it come to understanding the incomprehensible.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have never heard it explained quite like this before.Good analogies and very straight forward.

Thanks for my daily dose of clarity.

S&f

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

i do try to keep an open mind i think im more spiritual than i care to believe i just have my ups and downs tday is a def down day thanks

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I can agree on that ive often tried how does one tune in i have never understood that

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The intelligent element? One could never find such an element, let alone imagine it as fundamental. If one was to point to me the intelligent element, they'd always be pointing at a something material. The material element is a prerequisite to any other element, and therefor, more fundamental.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

All is spirit - there is the unseen spirit and the seen spirit.
The unseen spirit is seeing the seen spirit.

Spirit means not a solid thing - formless.
That which sees cannot be seen because it is seeing - so has no form.
That which is seen is constantly changing - so is never really 'formed' - it is more like a flowing unfolding.

The unseen seeing aspect and the seen scene aspect are one. Can the dreamer and the dream ever be apart from each other?

The universe is the one unfolding.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

join