It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite strike may have caused loud boom in Quebec, Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

A meteorite strike may have been seen and heard on Montreal's West Island, the Vaudreuil region and the Ottawa area on Tuesday night, according to multiple reports.

Social media in parts of Quebec and Ontario were buzzing with reports of a loud boom on Tuesday at about 8 p.m. E.T.

Meteorite strike may have caused loud boom in Quebec, Ontario

In the middle of our very first snow storm, we get a nice blue glow in the skies followed by a loud boom!

With all the snow falling, whatever might have reached the ground will be hard to find. We'll see in the spring I guess.

I just found this Site and it mentions a meteorite in Deux-Montagne, Québec (near montreal)
edit on 27-11-2013 by Teye22 because: to add

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I have heard no such boom at all and I have been up since 6am yesterday.
Not saying it didn't happen...just saying I heard nothing.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Neither did I because of the Plows driving around but Facebook went Crazy just about that time as a lot of my friends are in the Montreal Area and a lot of people were outside shoveling at the time and some reported seeing it (blueish glow in the sky), others heard/felt the "boom".

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
here are some more sources

www.montrealgazette.com...

montreal.ctvnews.ca...

(first link having some witness accounts)

so i guess the official story is going to be a meteor strike however it should be added that this picture was supposedly taken moments before the boom.(found on facebook)

now regardless of whether this image is real or not it certainly raises my curiosity towards this story.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

lllllllll
here are some more sources

www.montrealgazette.com...

montreal.ctvnews.ca...

(first link having some witness accounts)

so i guess the official story is going to be a meteor strike however it should be added that this picture was supposedly taken moments before the boom.(found on facebook)

now regardless of whether this image is real or not it certainly raises my curiosity towards this story.

Thanks for the links!!

For the picture....I have to say hoax on this FOR SURE because there is one major thing missing in that photo.....the SNOWSTORM!!!
edit on 27-11-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I heard it mentioned on the news late last night also.

There was also a small one that burned up over near Edmonton a couple of nights ago, but it didn't end up on the news or even twitter.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Should have done a search first?
Posted earlier today-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-11-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
POsted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join