It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever thought about just starting a whole new life somewhere else???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Lets say you had no obligations. And you had say for example some source of income so you're basic needs would be met. Have you ever thought about just moving away to the other side of the country and just starting over in life. Like you wouldn't even tell anyone that you're planning to leave. But just leave them a note indicating that you're fine and that you just want to try something new in life for a while. And or maybe just let them know that you've arrived safely and that you just needed a change in life? So you arrive at your new destination. Everything and everyone is basically fresh and new. YOu're forced to basically contend with your new environment, city or town. It would be an adventure for sure. I have some obligations I still have to deal with next year but I think if all that was over and done with I'd at least consider the idea. Just think it would be neet to try something completely new and see what happens, sink or swim. I guess my biggest challenge would be leaving my friends and family. I do care about them greatly, but sometimes I just crave the idea of reinventing my whole life so to speak including the people. Would you do that or have you done it?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yep!! I'm moving to Chicago and opening up a pizzaria. I'm a huge cubs fan so I would be in heaven. My wife and I have been a few times. Beautiful city. Ginos east best pizza ever!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have done it several times. Haven't been disappointed yet . It's always great to make new friends.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Sometimes I feel like doing this but I think I`d only go live a different life in a diffrent place is something really bad would happen to my familly (Gosh I hope not) and never for any other reason.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I did exactly that two months ago, I'm in the final steps of residency in a new country as we speak.

The whole saying "It's not where you are, but who you are" is totally true--- but atmosphere can really help.
I never like to be in one place too long, but I was pretty well rooted with a nice apartment and great friends- but sometimes you just need to take big risks to get the most out of life- even if all you're left with is a change in perspective, that in itself can be enough to be worth it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I took a promotion to Laramie, WY once. Worst damn thing I ever did. The seasoal affective disorder made the wife insane, and the people were difficult.

Ill stay in Texas.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

If the kiddos were grown up and on the their own, and I had the money...absolutely. But across the country? No.

I'd be heading to South America - probably Ecuador or Peru. From what I have read, both places have a low cost of living and are friendly towards American expats. Ecuador even uses the American dollar.

Ten more years and I can actually think about doing this!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Oh yes without a doubt. I would go at the drop of a hat the way i feel sometimes. I have done all i can i feel here. Its where would i go next which is the question?. I have a son but nothing else so its not as if people would be hanging on my arms holding me back. Put me somewhere warm where theres no selfish bastards and liars and i just may be happy . And besides another few years and my son would probably come with me

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm doing just that right now. I had no obligations at home, so moved to Colombia to be with the Colombiana that I met while traveling last year
. im having a great time, but my future here is uncertain and that stresses me sometimes. My next desire is to get out of the city and go live/volunteer on a finca or eco farm here...itd be nice to live a life without needing money.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Been there,done that. Not a single regret except I didn't do it sooner. If I ever need to do it again, I will.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I actually did this soon after I graduated from college. I hated my home town and all the memories that came along with it so, one day I just packed up everything I owned (which wasn't much) and just took off.

I ended up where I live now and I haven't regretted it for one second.

I met my husband here, had two beautiful children and made great new friends over the years.

Honestly, it was the best decision I ever made.

Best of luck on your new adventure if you decide to follow through.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I took a promotion to Laramie, WY once. Worst damn thing I ever did. The seasoal affective disorder made the wife insane, and the people were difficult.

Ill stay in Texas.

Isn't it nice that people are diverse, otherwise we would all still be on the east coast. We should live where we feel "home". Glad you found yours.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Have thought about it. Did it many years ago and everything turned out alright. And I'm thinking about doing it again..... a lot. Live without regrets!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Moving too Montana soon
going to grow dental floss
be a dental floss tycoon
me and my pygmy pony
edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I did it, and man did I regret it !!

Tried the whole " lets try life in a exciting new place "
Left my home town in Yorkshire and moved to a village in Cheshire.
Life in Royston Vasey lasted a year and I was homesick as hell !!

But now I'm back and baby, here to stay

It may work out cool for you, a fresh start etc, everyone is different, but my advice would be to keep that return portal wide open !!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
all I have to say is if you buy a used coffee making, thoroughly clean it out before you use i to make coffee,.....awhhhhh

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just wondering, how do you make a rum and coke with a used coffee maker?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've had new lives. Not by my own volition, I was forced into it for various reasons. Born in Iran, 9 months old, guess my folks didn't like it, too much political tension, they were 'rebels' and involved with some *&#$ that's better left untalked about. Moved to Finland. You know, Finland is a cold place. And not just in terms of weather, but there's a reason so many Finns drink vodka. Cold hearted people find solace in the warmth of alcohol. Racism was prevalent, dirty looks everywhere we went. Moved again, to Canada. Cold, yes, but at least the people here enjoy beer over a vodka. I can jive with that. I love beer. I don't love vodka. I like to enjoy a beverage, not having to make a stupid sour face of "this *#$& tastes like #*&$" every time i take a tiny little sip. Plus, here, when you say hello to people, they don't look at you like you're a convict who escaped the psych ward of the nearest detention center. They do an odd thing, they smile and say hello right back at you. That took some getting used to, but you know, after all this time, after all the friends i lost, i came to realize, that no matter where we end up, we are really alone, but at the same time, as alone as we all are, we are all connected in that loneliness. I have a wife. She isn't faithful to me at all, and we have a child together. I am definitely alone, though I hardly spend a minute by myself, but being alone, i can identify that at least I am not the only one who is alone.

Do whatever makes you feel good, and loved, and love yourself, challenge is exciting, but excitement is a challenge.

top topics

join