It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven year old Boy Hit By Meteorite Fragment in his front yard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

cheesy

applesthateatpeople

cheesy
here great story from Florida Boy

, its a grat story this boy is just awsome boy..have a great courage

Why did you use the devil-smiley face there at the end?

Just curious...

You know..this boy make my spirit Burn, just like that

i am afraid its out of topic

Ummmm. Yeah. He makes your spirit "burn"?! Yuck. I was afraid that that is what your devil smiley meant but was hoping I was wrong...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Sounds like the begining of a Marvel movie

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Alda1981
Sounds like the begining of a Marvel movie

Yes yes..green lantern! From meteorite fragment

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Well he is kinda fascinated by comets so I can understand.

And its better than having a plan to kill everyone you meet.

yuck, indeed.

... wee lad was just an adventurer.. until he took a meteorite to the skull.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy, you are such a delight! (I missed my chance to say it in the other celebrate-Cheesy thread).

I think you should write to the boy! and let him know how you feel, and what you think about it. Your words are an inspiration to all of us;
and I bet he'd get quite a kick (enjoy it a lot) to know you are thinking about him.

Thanks for the post. S/F!!

P.S. My engagement ring is a Moissanite gem of .75 karats.

Until the 1950s no other source, apart from meteorites, had been encountered. Later moissanite was found as inclusion in kimberlite from a diamond mine in Yakutia in 1959, and in the Green River Formation in Wyoming in 1958.[8] The existence of moissanite in nature was questioned even in 1986 by Charles Milton, an American geologist.[9]

Moissanite, in its natural form, is very rare. It has only been discovered in a small variety of places from upper mantle rock to meteorites.

More rare, but similar in properties to diamonds.

Moissanite gemstones are sometimes marketed under the trademark "Berzelian," a reference to the work of Berzelius on SiC.

Because of its hardness, it can be used in high-pressure experiments, as a replacement for diamond (see diamond anvil cell).[5] Since large diamonds are usually too expensive to be used as anvils, synthetic moissanite is more often used in large-volume experiments. Synthetic moissanite is also interesting for electronic and thermal applications because its thermal conductivity is similar to that of diamonds.[13] High power SiC electronic devices are expected to play an enabling and vital role in the design of protection circuits used for motors, actuators, and energy storage or pulse power systems.[19]
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the boy has "discovered" an important new mineral that will bear his name some day!! LOL!! Wow, if that had happened in my driveway, I'd never have been able to find the 'offending sky rock'...it'd be mixed in with all the leaves and debris that are permanent fixtures when one lives in a forested area.

Great story.

edit on 11/27/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've just read a fictional novel - The Universe Versus Alex Woods - which deals with a boy struck on the head by a meteorite, and what follows in the years afterwards. very good read.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Well now he has been infected by viral strain N-X sent by the Nibiru Annunaki. I hope his father keeps an eye on him because soon he will turn into a weapon that is set in hibernation mode until the invasion starts.

I'll have to call you on that one, Occam. That's about as wild a playout as anything I've read... and I thought the simple ones were probably the truth (?). I love it though, Glob help us.
Just the same I'll spell you at fire watch, this guy could go totally John Carpenter German Shepherd slurry in a second.
Insert The Thing and Wilford Brimley here, Omagawd

BTW Oc, Is that the variety that might have turned my ex-wife Hybrid? She seemed after 6 months from my original honeymoon injection to produce this unearthly reptilian hiss whenever I came near her again. NM, probably my breath.

Whether touched subcutaneously ("I've Got You.. Under My Skin") with a horrific extraterrestrial taint or not, the young fella is super lucky. I'd keep the spot shaved just to snag the cheerleaders.. as if that smile isn't enough already, soon enough. absent thumbzup emoticoid goes HERE

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I said it already but he's so lucky! F&S!
Could have been a chunk of space junk and changed the whole thing into a tragedy, maybe more likely than this.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Sounds like you think a lot more are coming?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Not sure if this qualifies as #ty luck or extraordinarily good luck. What are the odds of this happening to this kid. Kinda makes me think, dam that sucks....such low odds of getting hit in the head with a meteorite. Then again, it's a meteorite and that's pretty cool. /conflicted.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
well clicking on the link with the 3 known people who have been hit .
It says if you want to lessing the possibility that you may be hit by a metor to sleep standing up as to lessen body space . lolol
Ps my favert metor strike is the one that landed in the back of some duds (duster )? charger )
1970s car and smashed it flat down trunk was now at ground lv big rock if that had hit someone they would have been splat

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Half a dozen meterorites all fall on one back yard at the same time? I'm not convinced. Did the others leave a crater? Were they cold to touch?

But a nice story to tell the kid, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

whatnext21
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Sounds like you think a lot more are coming?

They are always coming
Look up at the night sky and you'll see everything from bits of space debris burning up, to meteorites, as well as the galaxy and satellites (moving across the sky as faint points of light).

I'm sure they hit buildings frequently, but no-one is there to see them. When I lived in the Scotland, on at least two occasions over ten years, I heard something heavy hit the roof slates, like the roof being hit with a hammer. On both occasions a roof tile would slide down and land in the gutter. It was enough to cause a small leak in the roof, so that a slater had to be called in. We found a smooth yellowish-orange stone with little black cavities.

Another time I was in a fitness center in California, when there was a massive bank on the side of the roof, like someone hit the structure with a sledgehammer. Just about all the fitness staff went out to have a look but they couldn't find anything - no bullet-holes, debris or stones on the ground. That side was bounded by salt ponds, so there wasn't anywhere anyone could have been standing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I was just taking about this on another thread?

They say they think. most people are not telling truth, about being struck.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
How boring would it be if you were hit by a piece of wood falling from a tree or a pot from a balcony or.....
But being hit by a meteorite is such a ''blessing'' even if it kills you ...lol

<< 1   >>

join