It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards Declare Prayer, Bibles Not Helping Disaster Victims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Worth noting, imho, re giving:

1. OPERATION BLESSING sponsored by CBN

DELIVERS 100% OF DONATED FUNDS TO THE END USER. That's right--100%. CBN covers the overhead.

2. Franklin Graham's SAMARATIN'S PURSE delivers more bang for the buck to the end user than virtually any other such org EXCEPT OPERATION BLESSING.

Other than a mission organization that I'm closely familiar with . . . and individuals that I know deliver quality good to the end users . . . I no longer give except to OPERATION BLESSING and SAMARATIN'S PURSE. imho, none of the others are worth a plug nickel. They INSURE that the goods reach the end user and that the focus is on HELPING IN TANGIBLE WAYS the hurting. They likely include a minimum of Christian info but the focus is on tangible help to the hurting.

3. I used to support World Vision. However, having been very closely acquainted with Taiwan's head . . . I learned how much of a globalist operation it was.

4. imho, United Way is also a murderous (abortion) globalist organization.

5. I have absolutely NO faith in the integrity and freedom loving, God fearing qualities (absent, imho) with regard to The Red Cross, The March of Dimes, The American Cancer Society and a list of others. I think they all bear a LOT of research before giving a penny to them. I no longer give to them. I think they have all been co-opted by various aspects of the globalist agenda . . . which is actually opposed to true humanitarian efforts. imho, they are more supportive of the genocidal goals of the globalists toward reducing the population to 200 million globally. AT least their handling of money is not to my preference or taste and their overhead is, imho, unreasonable.

edit on 27/11/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

CBN?

Pat??

Private Airplanes, Diamond Mines ..Pat?
edit on 27-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I cant really blame them though there is still to much stigma around it there are still laws on the books in some states baring atheists from office.

now consider what you just said and apply that to the idea of creating a socio-political war with religious charities vs. atheist charities. it's dumb. if people don't care now, they will later and why would you want to do that to any organization that was willing to risk life and limb to help people who are suffering? let me tell ya a little story

back about 25 years ago, i was suffering with a string of infections, one right after the other. it started to depress me because i was just constantly sick and on several medications, could barely function. it started to manifest in stress and panic. i went to my better half and asked him to pray for me. after he did, i felt so much better, not because i was cured of my infection, but because it relieved my stress. stress depresses immune function. once the stress was gone, i started feeling better. so theoretically, giving people in horrible situations like disaster areas, a text that tells them they can pray and receive various forms of healing, is, in my view, not a bad thing. i'd say the same thing about the power of positive thinking, too, as i think they are both getting at the same point: faith is not necessarily going to cure what ails ya but it may make it alot easier to overcome.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by undo

You know I keep reading about those radical atheists or militant atheists but I have never personally met one. Some people on ATS may think I am one but if they met me in real life they wouldn’t have a clue about my religious stance I simply don’t talk about it. It seems a good many people think any atheists who speak on the subject should be labeled radical or militant I can only guess for so long atheists had to hide who they were for fear of persecution. As for me I will not lie if someone asks I may skirt around it like say I am agnostic and leave out the atheist part because agnostics aren’t as bad as people say. Hell I have even gone to church on occasion to appease my wife only once did I walk out. ( because it was father’s day and the minister thought it would be appropriate to tell the kids how lucky they are hat god no longer calls for them to be stoned to death for misbehaving) I even worked a few years for a stained glass master doing windows for churches and I became so bored with painted Jesus faces and nativity scenes. BTW the master was an atheist as well but rated as one of the top 5 in the world for hand staining glass.

Anyway like I said I don’t know who the radical atheists are that you’re talking about could you describe them? I hope you don’t consider me one because I post articles online that people have free will to read or not read.

yeah, we get that you hate christianity.

so ya got some atheist charity going?

what is it?

let's say a secular one, doesn't count.

rad atheists, are who keep bitching about christians.

ya think?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by undo

I agree somewhat but I think you hit the nail on the head when saying there were ulterior motives one thing to point out though is Fidel Castro' is known as unusually spiritual I think this is the first time I have ever heard him classified as an atheist.As far as the Bolsheviks go I never looked into them. I never had a reason to so I cant comment.

I am sure there have been a great number of historical people that were atheists but they were closeted. Like now I am certain there are atheists in congress but you wouldn’t know it by reading there wiki page. No one can convince me that every single one of them is religious. Well one did come out after he left office but I mean now. I cant really blame them though there is still to much stigma around it there are still laws on the books in some states baring atheists from office.

good that they are barred from holding office.

atheists lie too. lol!!

ya think?

especially when they hide it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

no, it's not good. you want freedom of religion, that applies to atheists as well as religious people.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by Josephus

Are you saying they didn't send these?

Maybe they didn’t think it would be good PR if they posted pics of palletized bibles.

Why did you post a huge picture of the "palletized" Bible that Costco had to recently apologize for "accidentally" putting in the fiction section? Your anti-theism is showing.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Yes. That Pat.

Check out the audited evaluations by any of the auditing organizations that check up on charitable organizations.

CBN's OPERATION BLESSING and SAMARITAN'S PURSE ARE TOP FLIGHT.

Rigid, uninformed, undiscerning, unaware, narrow biases are not wise.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

While I'm sure Bibles and other religious items were sent I don't think it's accurate that they are being provided in lieu of physical necessities. An influx of religious items into the Philippines also doesn't necessarily indicate proselytization as 80 percent are already catholic, especially devout Catholics at that. While even the most fervent believer will most likely be first in want of the basic necessities of daily life; a Bible and rosary would also be an object of desire.

This chartered plane was filled with the following items:
Rolls of Shelter Plastic
Water Filtration Systems
Water Bladders/tap stands
Misc Medical Supplies
Generator – 60kw
Generator – 20kw
Multi-purpose tents
Medical tents (w/air con.)
Mosquito Nets
Blankets

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

who built this country then? you mean the religious people just sat around and prayed for the buildings and farms, to build themselves? buddhists built our railroads. african americans built our farms. europeans built our houses, court houses, factories, and so on. and most of those people were religious, of one variety or another

The Founding Fathers were primarily deist, which is not religious. Quite contrary in fact.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

While I'm sure Bibles and other religious items were sent I don't think it's accurate that they are being provided in lieu of physical necessities.

So are you now saying that those items do not take up space or weight? Are you saying those items do not cost money? If you can provide evidence of that being the case then I have zero qualms however if physics and capitalism still apply then something much more useful was left behind or not purchased because of those items there is no way around it.

If it comes out that some rich guy donated a large sum of money saying he wanted it to go to bibles and rosaries then that is a different story.

Well I guess god could have delivered them but couldn’t he have just made it to where the bibles they already had were not destroyed which begs the question if god cared so much why did he smite so many with the storm.

You know that pic you have of a cargo plane quick question for you. What weighs more books or clothing space wise? You do know planes have a weight limit right?

Look I know I am coming off harsh about this but its appalling that people need necessities you certainly can’t find physical nourishment in a book it will not cloth you or provide you with shelter and the last I heard prayers are free and faith does not require that you have a book.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

so if this is strictly an atheist nation, why were the laws governing the rights of freedom of speech, religion and so on? can't have your cake and eat it too, although you can try
edit on 27-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Its the only pic of one saved on ATS and I am posting from a ipad. Besides I started that thread. The price is what you should be concerned about.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

so if this is strictly an atheist nation, why were the laws governing the rights of freedom of speech, religion and so on? can't have your cake and eat it too, although you can try

What? Where did I mention atheism? Do you know what deism is? It means god belief, but the belief that god doesn't intervene in its creation i.e no religion. I was merely commenting on you seemingly making the point it was a 'Christian nation'. Kinda ironic now...
edit on 27-11-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I know faith and the thought of people praying in your favor help some people but it sometimes hurts people to. My own personal experience has made me realize that. If you like we can talk about it in PMs it isn't something I wish to display for some of the types on here.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Long time no see lucid.

Hey I always confuse deism with other things maybe you should clarify for all.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

i didn't make the point it was a christian nation. i made the point that most of the people living here then were religious of one kind or another. how did you get christianity out of that. in fact, i said buddhists built our railroads, african americans built our farms, europeans built our houses, courtrooms and other infrastructure and that most of them were religious of one kind or another. just because some deists weren't religious as you say, doesn't mean practically everybody else was the same. what do you think happened? they turned off their religious switch and turned it back on again a few years later, or what? this is the kinda thing that pisses me off. i'm like the only christian in this thread, advocating in the defense of atheists and the non religious as well as in defense of the religious. and i'm under attack for even that.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well to be more precise the constitution was based off of the Magna Carta, English Bill of Rights, and many philosopher's writings.

Just about every society has a do not kill or steal.

As far as the rest of them go they must have been really reworked from this.

1.Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6.Thou shalt not kill.
7.Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8.Thou shalt not steal.
9.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

The Ten Commandments are what a lot of people say our country was based on I guess because they were ornaments in court houses for so long.

BTW I am not trying to attack. This seems like a conversation and I was being serious I always mess up the meaning of Deism.

edit on 27-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

undo

no, it's not good. you want freedom of religion, that applies to atheists as well as religious people.

but they are no religion, right?

lol!! they want both ways?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

no problem. i don't think you're attacking me. lucid just doesn't have any wiggle room in his head for any other world view. i suppose that's okay, i will still defend his right to have it without bodily or financial or political threat but everyone has a release valve. if common sense doesn't work, somebody tell me what in the hell does

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join