It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN condemns american methods in Falluja

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The United Nations senior human rights official condemned the killing of civilians and wounded people in Fallujah, saying that violators of international humanitarian law should be brought to justice

www.aljazeera.com...

The Marines will be getting a sad reputation throughout the world now ...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Who cares what the United Nations say. If they had been competant enough to keep their members in line (eg not letting members illegally buy from and sell to Iraq) we wouldn't even be there right now.

The United States is doing a heroic, difficult and respectable thing. We're freeing an oppressed people, rebuilding their infrastructure, and clearing their nation of criminals. Is the UN even there? As far as I can recall they bugged out at the first sign of trouble with their tails between their legs.

As soon as the UN becomes effective, then they can say something. Until then, untill they achieve ANYTHING, they need to take a lesson from the American Supreme Courts. Be subjective, don't make assumptions, don't state opinions, act and speak only when you are certain of the facts.

And by the way, the UN is sure of nothing. Those guys are fruits. I mean, will anything ever get done there? I don't see the United Nations uniting anything except perhaps Russia, France, Germany and Spain against the US and Brittain.

That's how I see the UN atleast, only my opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2

The United States is doing a heroic, difficult and respectable thing.
As soon as the UN becomes effective, then they can say something. Until then, untill they achieve ANYTHING, they need to take a lesson from the American Supreme Courts.

I wouldn�t advise anyone to take lesson from American Supreme Courts
..it�s a joke in a legal circles.. And usa is part of the UN so it like sawing your own hand off when you mock un.
Usa ISN`T doing a heroic, respectable and difficult thingie..it�s invading a middle eastern country with no excuse but oil and saddam..Iraqiis won�t have a chance against army with nice toys and good equipment but they are still trying..who wouldn�t? Afterall it�s their country and their oil.
-ap

[edit on 18-11-2004 by aape]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Its reports like this that give people good reasons to get annoyed with the UN.
Just how would have the UN delt with the insurgents in Falluja? Of course people were going to suffer there in the middle of a war!
I guess the UN would have droped leaflets saying how much human life means to them.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
SkyFox2,

Are you chiding the U.N. over 'ONE' scandal ? A scandal that has been blown out of porportion (more than likely to distract from the scandals in the White House) and just trying to make conspiratory 'suggestions'? Coming from the very same people who said Bush and the Saudies have not business ties?

The U.S. has done very little rebuilding in Iraq, in fact, take the words if Rummy himself: "I don't believe it's our job to reconstruct that country after 30 years of centralized, Stalinist-like economic controls in that country," Rumsfeld told a National Press Club audience. "The Iraqi people are going to have to reconstruct that country over a period of time." Where has all those countless billions gone too? Still no electricity, hospitals are running on low supplies, the sewage system is gone to hell. 3 quarters of the 87 billion will got towards military faculties....

Now, how is the U.N. ineffective?

Deep

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
all i can say is

if were not for the US led invasion of iraq we still might have this building

they have a right to complain

some great rebuilding wouldnt ya say?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Are you chiding the U.N. over 'ONE' scandal ? A scandal that has been blown out of porportion

It may be only one scandal, but It may well be the biggest in human history. So I think it has hardly been blown out of porportion. 21 Billion into the hands of Sadaam???? God knows how many to companies (yes even some in the US) as well.

The U.N. ineffective? While we could get into a historical discource, one only has to look to our presnet and not to distant past. Zero, how "effective" do you think the people of Rawanda or the Sudan think the U.N. is?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
AADE, what legal circles are you referring to when you say the US Supreme Court is looked at as a joke? Please give me some examples and evidence to back up that statement.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
AAPE, what legal circles are you referring to when you say the US Supreme Court is looked at as a joke? Please give me some examples and evidence to back up that statement.

Don�t have evidence except puplic opinion in europe. Does a country where jesus and god have been sued have and working justice system? What about that old lady who dried his cat in a microwave oven and got millions of dollars out of it? You should take a look other countries justice systems and compare a bit..if nothing else, your payments are ridicilously huge about some spoiled coffee or dried cat. For god sake you even went to court about who is the president.

amerika, land of coke und wunderbra

-aape

[edit on 18-11-2004 by aape]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i agree, you know its a joke when people can win money because of their own incompetence.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The UN ineffective? Just because they didn't support your illegal war?

Well, hey, if there's going to be soldiers getting blown up by insurgents, let them be yours.

You broke it, you bought it.

j

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
No Jakomo, your defunct United Nation's is listed and labeled as "ineffective" because of countless reasonings, not because it didn't support the US war efforts against Iraq. Your trivializing this. Sudan, Ivory Coast, Iraq, Oil For Food Program, etc., etc.

You, as others, can defend this ineffective and defunct organization till your blue in the face, it changes nothing, and definitely doesn't change the ever-growing perception of the UN. They wish to deal out moral authority and yet fail terribly at upholding "moral" authority itself...

As to this:

Well, hey, if there's going to be soldiers getting blown up by insurgents, let them be yours.

Pretty 'smooth' coming from a Amnesty International humanitarian such as yourself.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
300,000 people have left, by their own estimates only 150 families are still in the city. While the suffering of even 150 families is terrible, its not on the scale that people are talking about.

The corruption at the U.N goes far beyond the Oil for food scandal., There have been many reports of scandals, and gross mismanagement of funds by U.N officials.

www.somaliawatch.org...

mediawatch.somalitalk.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Telegraph.co.ukl

www.globalpolicy.org...

And there is much more to be found on the internet from mainstream media, and respected organizations and individuals.
These kinds of scandals remove the moral high ground from under the U.N's feet. They have no buisness telling countries what to do when they refuse to stand up against thier own corruption and complicity with represive regimes around the world.

**Edited Url tag

[edit on 18-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The so called "scandal" of the UN is a front that US is using to divert attention from the fiasco of the war in Iraq.

The liberation has turn into a mess in the proportions that our government would never imagine, right now US troops account for 85 percent of the forces in that country and to keep the country under control is going to need two times the troops that are present right now.

And on top of that the government is planning on taking troops off the country; (perhaps because it wants to start planning for invasion in Iran) the reminding troops will become targets for the "Insurgent" in that country.

The fact is that the so call "Iraqi forces" are not reliable are under trained and it will run away when given the choice of killing a member of their own tribe.

We are in trouble militarily in Iraq and that is a fact.
The victory in Fallujah is as long as US troops stay in visible quantities in that city.

And now they need them in Mosul. Things are getting very heated in that city and othe

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

The UN ineffective? Just because they didn't support your illegal war?

The UN doesn't run the world, and having that Euro-centric
thief (and co-conspirator of Saddam's Mass Murder) Koffi Annan
say the war is 'illegal' doesn't make it so.

The UN is indeed ineffective. Somolia, Rwanda, Uganda, Iraq,
etc. etc. etc. INEFFECTIVE.

[edit on 11/18/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i agree WHO CARES WHAT THE UN SAY? really WHO CARES? besides this is the same human rights commission that put either Libya or Syria (i think syria) as the chairman of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The UN doesn't run the world, and having that Euro-centric
thief (and co-conspirator of Saddam's Mass Murder) Koffi Annan
say the war is 'illegal' doesn't make it so.

The UN is indeed ineffective. Somolia, Rwanda, Uganda, Iraq,
etc. etc. etc. INEFFECTIVE.

[edit on 11/18/2004 by FlyersFan]

I agree with you UN has become so political that the real reason for them to be what they are has been forgoten.

The UN needs to be revised and most of the members should be replaced, I think that organization has been allowed to run free for too long without the proper control.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
The United Nations senior human rights official ... saying that
violators of international humanitarian law should be brought
to justice

Yeah, right. The UN can start with ITSELF and the international
laws and it's own laws that it violated in the Oil for Food theft
of 21+ BILLION dollars from the Iraqi people.

The U.N. theft and payoffs KILLED Iraqis. People didn't get
food, medicine, education, protection ..... The U.N. KILLED
and KILLED and KILLED! It's responsible for the deaths of
Iraqis (because of the billions it stole) and it's responsible for
the slaughters in Uganda, Rwanda, and Somolia because it
did NOTHING.

Having anyone at the euro-centric corrupt cesspool United Nations
pointing fingers at others ... is a freak'n joke! And a bad one at that!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The so called "scandal" of the UN ...

There is nothing 'so called' about it. In fact, it's more than
a 'scandal'. It's real and it's deadly. We will never know
how many Iraqis died BECAUSE OF THE U.N. 21+ Billion
dollars were stolen from the Iraqis. That means a significant
loss of food, medicine, education, and safety. The 'Oil for Food'
theft was very very DEADLY.

The 'scandal' part of all this is that France, Germany, and Russia
SOLD their Security Council votes. They didn't care about people
being mass murdered in Iraq ... they sold their votes so that they
could continue to get illegal money ... money that they stole from
the Iraqis who were being mass murdered.

Nothing 'so called' about all this. This is BIG and it's DEADLY.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with you UN has become so political that the real reason for them to be what they are has been forgotten..

Yep. Corruption has taken over. It's time for it to go.
Get rid of it. Start fresh with something new.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join