It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The devils greatest trick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What if the devils greatest trick was to convince Jesus that jesus didnt exist or it wasnt wwhohe was?

How would he do it?

Ps this debate is hypothetical this thread is not to question the validity of anything but to discuss how thhe devil would trick jesus into thinking he wasnt himself.

Assume you believe for the sake of the question.
edit on 26-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I don't understand. How do you convince anyone they aren't themself?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

onequestion

Assume you believe for the sake of the question

You're awesome. Good luck.

Honestly, I would identify him as a child and condition him with naked ladies on every TV, and every song be about sex, drugs and money. I would have him watch violence and teach him about "heroics" and "honor" and duty to the true God.......me.

All hail me.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Are you basically asking for a guess about the 40 days in the wilderness when he was tempted etc.?

Kinda pointless seeing he over came it in the story.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
He couldn't.

If you believe in the Devil than you also believe in God and his power and Jesus was a very big part of Gods plan so he would not allow the Devil to trick Jesus.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Lets explain it away with free will and lets assume it worked.

How did he do it?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Not sure how or why "the devil" tricked Jesus (or the rest of us) into thinking we are what we think we are, as opposed to what we really are, but, thankfully, the means to "discovering/remembering" the truth are at our disposal, if we choose to look for them. Which I'm guessing Jesus did.

Not sure the why really matters.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This what I imagined how The Devil tried to deceive Jesus (fictional):

The Devil: What's your name?
Jesus: My name is Jesus.
The Devil: Are you Jesus?
Jesus: Yes. That's what I told you.
The Devil: No, you told me your name is Jesus.
Jesus: Yes, that's my name.
The Devil: If your name is Jesus, then you are not Jesus. You must be something else. Who are you?
Jesus: What !@#!@#?!

(I leave the rest of conversations to your imagination)

peace.
edit on 27-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

onequestion
wwhohe

Did you mean this?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Spookybelle

Lets explain it away with free will and lets assume it worked.

How did he do it?

From my point of view. He would try to make Jesus think all humans where more de-evolved than they where so that Jesus would not care to teach them because they where not ready.

I think Jesus in fact hid things in plain sight for those who are not ready to know so I do not think humanity was as far evolved as their ego think they where and even are many are today. The third eye references and 7 lamps in revelation is for instance examples off this.

From my point of view Jesus did not fail. It was the ones who came after that deluded his message so that his work was partly undone.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The false prophet came added scripture to the bible and removed some scripture from the bible. And many what they read is uncorrupted truth. The biggest trick the devil made was making people think that the books containing faith are not corrupted by him and are the truth from god.
edit on 27-11-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm more of the opinion (pretending the characters of the Abrahamic religions are not just characters) ...

The greatest trick of a super genius trickster demon who's sole purpose is to be a trickster ...

invent religion. Period.

Further ...

Convince EVERYONE that IT is the creator god by performing miracles, inventing an imaginary other trickster devil (that it can also sometimes play), lead a "chosen" people across deserts on a non stop tour of atrocity and meddling, later invent another version to confuse the stupid humans further that gets nailed to the cross and tells tons of hopeful pie in the sky lies and fantasies that jive and resonate with folks of the time (tee-hee), pop up another 500 years later pretending to be the angel Gabriel, all invented years before, and tell another alternative story that will create more mischief between all the stupid humans that fall for this stuff, especially the previous other two versions of the same story.

These are suppose to be god- like intelligences and the only tricks they seem to be able to play are so transparent any child with the creativity of a walnut could have invented them?

I'm only human and if I was some malevolent immortal trickster, I'd have the whole planet convinced that I was their creator, and set up some mafia racket with competing gangs fighting over which one knows the true and only way to worship me properly.

After stirring that pot for a few thousands of years of entertainment, I'd invent aliens, and throw in the idea that ALIENS were the true creators.
Oh what fun.

edit on 11/27/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

“By clever and persevering use of propaganda even heaven can be represented as hell to the people, and conversely the most wretched life as paradise.”—ADOLF HITLER, MEIN KAMPF.

“The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist.” ― Charles Baudelaire

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Since I believe that we are all the same, what you are saying makes sense in a way. Jesus represents all of us, he is said to be the "image of the invisible God" in the bible, the image represents the image we all see, the light. They have personified the "Son" or image we see as a literal human being who walked the Earth. Though Jesus very well could have existed, the things he taught were not just only about himself, it was about us as well, what we all are, which is the image of the invisible God, the perceiver of the universe.

Satan is an offshoot of the Son (our image), those of us that have been polluted by the world and who are very greedy. They have turned the Son into the beast, preaching a false image, a.k.a. "graven image" of God.

So Satan has tricked Jesus (the image, us) into believing in a graven image, that of the body of Jesus, that of one man. Except WE are the image of God as well, we are the one image. Organized religion is Satan, and we are the Son being tricked into its lies.

Remember how Jesus was tempted by Satan before going on his ministry? Going into the woods and fasting is fighting the enticement of the physical world around you through not eating and living in the woods alone. He separated from society then came back and faced Satan once again, society itself, and refused to give in to its enticements, he had renounced all material wealth.

This is what we are faced with everyday, but we mostly give in because we have been indoctrinated into this artificial society. Jesus' temptation represents our temptation and most of us do not resist it. The one who does is who Jesus represents, those of us who have transcended the material plane and have reached the astral plane as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Awesome.

Thats pretty much what im pointing at.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

onequestion
What if the devils greatest trick was to convince Jesus that jesus didnt exist or it wasnt wwhohe was?

How would he do it?

Ps this debate is hypothetical this thread is not to question the validity of anything but to discuss how thhe devil would trick jesus into thinking he wasnt himself.

Assume you believe for the sake of the question.
edit on 26-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

The devil didn't have a chance in Hell to convince Jesus that He was not the Son of God. He was all about His Father's kingdom.

edit on 11/27/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Lucifer's greatest trick was to convince the whole of mankind
that Jesus is in fact God's son.
He is NOT - he is Lucifer incarnate.

Commandment number One says it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The devil's greatest trick was convincing people he/she/it isn't real; just a fairy tale. Nothing but a red guy with horns, a pointy tail and a pitch fork; standing in a pool of flames. hahahahah The second greatest trick? Santa Clause; followed by the Easter bunny.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

onequestion
convince Jesus that jesus didnt exist

Can you explain that differently? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Convincing jesus he was a man and not the christ.

jesus would know he was a guy but not understand he was the christ

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Good topic.s&f

top topics

<<   2 >>

join