It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An overdue introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hello ATS community! I have been a member on here since 2006, yet have never introduced myself. I rarely logon and have not been very active on here, though I visit the site regularly. I treat ATS more as a "food-for-thought" type site, kind of like most people visit news sites on break at work. I found this site at some point in high school when I seem to recall it was more based around archived information, yet that is just an inference I have made based merely on the limited memory of my experience. I have always been quite interested in politics, secret societies, symbology, black ops tech, extraterrestrials, "Ancient Astronaut" type theories and information,mysticism, occultism, philosophy, and really conspiracies and alternative information in general. I have spent the majority of my life theorizing and researching in an attempt to organize and verify the cacophony of thoughts, ideas, experiences, and observations that comprise the narrative that is me. This is what brought me to ATS and causes my regular return; ATS offers opinions, theories, and research in the same vein as my interests, with a community as diverse, mysterious, and complex as its content. Though I have been a member for quite some time, my lack of replies/posts leaves me unable to create a new thread. Thus, if it is warranted (I apologize if this violates a stipulation somewhere I have missed), I would like to close my introduction by posing a question that has been boggling my mind. My girlfriend recently spent some time doodling in what she called an "almost trance-like" state during an early morning bout of insomnia. One of the drawings is a symbol that is very familiar to me. It seems I have seen it several times before and she has the same feeling, yet I have been unable to find it in my research. So, i was hoping to be able to ask the ever-resourceful ATS community for any ideas. Of course I am not making any claims about anything here. There are many possible explanations for the drawing and it is quite likely she just doodled an interesting symbol while quite tired or accessed a memory she is not fully conscious of. I am just curious if this symbol is familiar to anybody else or if there is any information/leads anyone could offer?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I won't say 'welcome' especially as you've been registered for such a long time...

Like you I have been coming to this site for a long time, but never got around to registering to post, because I liked to just come and read... then I realised I'd been visiting for quite a long time, so should probably register, and perhaps occasionally contribute.

As for your mystery symbol, looking at it, there does seem to be a bit of familiarity about it to me. The "top" part strikes me that it's a bird. Looking off to the left. An eagle-like creature, or perhaps a raven. The bottom of the symbol seems as though it should be three feather like objects, like the fins you might find on an arrow. These are just vague feelings I have though, rather than actual memories - at least that is how it presently seems to me. I also seem to feel that this symbol should be a gold-like/brass colour. I really do feel that I've seen it, or something very much like it before, but do not have the slightest idea where or when.

Perhaps it is all in my imagination.

Either way, I wish you luck in finding a good explanation - hopefully better than my speculation.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i was going to wait 6 years to reply to you but what the heck welcome in to the madhouse .

the thing your g/f drew looks like roman/german standard bearer thing

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Or maybe a crop circle viewed from overhead.

Or a weather vane…

Aspects of it resemble runic symbols.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRISplusT

Welcome to ATS CHRISplusT and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Welcome to actually posting on ATS. I haven't a clue on the drawing. Just dropped by to give you a much coveted flag.

Des

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Welcome, after all these years!

I don't know what the symbol represents, but I agree with the above member that said it looks like a crop circle.
Maybe the drawing they needed to take to their meeting, then deciding on the coordinates to get it done?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hello and welcome...

top topics

join