It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Deny Ignorance: Here is Why NASA isn't Hiding the Truth About NEOs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

If NASA were taking the data being given to them and fudging the numbers the amateurs would know. If NASA was presenting faulty data than either ISON wouldn't be where NASA was saying it was and this would be obvious; or ISON's orbit would not be matching up with what NASA was saying and this would be obvious. ISON's orbit is matching up perfectly with what is being reported by NASA. Even the Doom Brigade acquiesce this fact. Which is why they're instead claiming that ISON's orbit will make a drastic change and hit the Earth.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Daryllyn I just wanted to say thank you for bringing rationality to these discussions. So very necessary. S+F
edit on 28-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

totally agree!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

daryllyn

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by daryllyn

NASA was Created as a Military Agency , and as in All Military Controled Agencies , Secretcy is a Top Priority . The Public does Not have " A Need To Know " in that sense so it is Reasonable to assume they will Never be Told the Real Truth about Anything . .

But its the public doing the legwork for the discovery, observation and tracking of NEOs... so please explain how NASA could be hiding the truth from the very people that are giving them the info.

Think about it.

The same way they hide everything else. Take information and catalog it into sensitive, secret and top secret. Anything that is sanitised enough to be released into the public domain does get released. It doesnt really matter who does the legwork if some or a lot of the information does not get released.

You should read some richard hoagland and john lear material. It will set you straight so to speak.

Now I am not blaming NASA employees who have a job to do and do it. I am blaming the management, but more importantly the government itself. I already know that you think the government is corrupt so what makes you think that NASA is not? Is the CIA not corrupt, is the NSA not corrupt?

The federal reserve runs our government completly!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I agree with the sentiment that the level of paranoid ignorance on this and other inter-webby sites is discouraging... however, I'd like to expand on that.

I (and many others) have a fair, nerdy grasp on our common world, but have been exposed to things that I cannot fit into any of the accepted paradigms.

And that very fact creates a slippery slope of postulation. It's quite difficult to form a coherent worldview when one is personally convinced that ... well... insanely weird things do, indeed, occur.

So I have sympathy for the terminally odd and wish more rational people would consider that perhaps some of the odd concepts and events have merit and help figure out what the heck is actually going on.

But even forming a hypothesis with all the insane noise on these subjects takes some work. What we term "insane" is a big question when many of our perceived facts might be very wrong. Where do we draw a line on the frictionless slope and should a line even be drawn and why?

This is what happens when I have time off from the struggle to survive... apologies.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks. I didn't know that was the case. I always thought that NASA was the big guy in town when it comes to everything astronomical.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

The same way they hide everything else. Take information and catalog it into sensitive, secret and top secret. Anything that is sanitised enough to be released into the public domain does get released. It doesnt really matter who does the legwork if some or a lot of the information does not get released.

You should read some richard hoagland and john lear material. It will set you straight so to speak.

:

Lets look at a couple of things you said HOW do you know if something doesn't get released , do you or others that make this claim have your own Hubble, satellites, your own shuttle ?

Or is it quite simply YOU and others on here repeat parrot fashion all the cliches from the conspiracy cliche handbook and idiots on youtube that can't understand what they see in video & pictures after all
you mention a couple of those types above who CERTAINLY DON'T UNDESTAND what they are looking at.

Here is a prime example of the kind of BS those 2 can come up with

Sorry at posting this yet again this link shows the mentality you are dealing with re thelivingmoon etc

They have this under Peekaboo class spaceship

I like to call it the pink sperm spaceship now if you think this shows a spaceship well

thelivingmoon.com...

Link to full page here

thelivingmoon.com...

This is typical of the join the dots mentality used to try and see factories,tanks,roads,bridges etc etc on the moon pictures shown.

Great imaginations thats for sure

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

daryllyn

Zanti Misfit

NASA was Created as a Military Agency , and as in All Military Controled Agencies , Secretcy is a Top Priority . The Public does Not have " A Need To Know " in that sense so it is Reasonable to assume they will Never be Told the Real Truth about Anything . .

But its the public doing the legwork for the discovery, observation and tracking of NEOs... so please explain how NASA could be hiding the truth from the very people that are giving them the info.

Think about it.

The same way they hide everything else. Take information and catalog it into sensitive, secret and top secret. Anything that is sanitised enough to be released into the public domain does get released.

So how would they cover up something you or I with a telescope can see with out own eyes? Does that sound at all rational to you? It shouldn't.

It doesnt really matter who does the legwork if some or a lot of the information does not get released.

The Minor Planet Center in the US and a similar group in Spain would release it. These are INDEPENDENT researchers, amateur astronomers, etc. Its kinda hard to shut us up, even if they wanted to.

You should read some richard hoagland and john lear material.

You mean Richard Hoagland who was behind promoting the EQ Pegasi signal hoax which led to a bunch of people freezing their ass off on Dec 7, 1998 atop a mountain in Arizona?

READ: By the Time the Aliens Don’t Get to Arizona

Wasn't he also the guy who insisted Hale-Bopp had a "companion" that was really a "hyperdimensional spaceship"? Which then a bunch of misguided, but gullible believers took their lives to "merge with it"?

Um, as a SANE intelligent person, I think I'll pass.

Why anyone listens to someone who is clearly either 1) Stupid, 2) A proven liar or 3) both is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Stupid post - clicked wrong thread entierly.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Biigs
Well its disappeared and without the normal trace sun grazing comets usually do.

May still be more to this yet.

It hasn't "disappeared" It's going around the Sun as all sun grazing comets do.

WATCH LIVE: Comet ISON Barnstorms Sun Today

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Thats like saying david icke told the kid to go drown himself so that he could experience a near death experience first hand. Its either dumb or agenda driven logic to attempt to link peoples stupidty to someone excercising their freedom of speech constructively.

People do make mistakes some times. Other times they are correct but the msm establishment will label their findings a hoax which is to be expected from roguely run government agencies and/or such affiliated private parties.

I personally have learned a lot from all the conspiracy authors, mainly to not trust someone until they earn your trust the hard way. People who lie cannot be trusted. NASA routinely lies about a lot of things.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I wish people would read the OP more carefully.

I never claimed that they have never lied about anything. I claimed that it is not possible for them to lie about NEOs because of the nature of the system in place for discovery/tracking of these objects. The information, is public as soon as an object is discovered because of the world wide collaboration that goes into it.

Thousands of amateur astronomers around the world are involved in the process from start to finish. How can the information be hidden from the very people that are providing said information? Think about that.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Thank you for your contribution. It's always nice to run into like minded people.

This whole thing has inspired me beyond researching. I want to be one of those backyard astronomers that helps in the world wide effort to watch our skies. I know it's not something that can just be magically picked up but anything can be learned if one is willing to put forth the time and effort.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I dont fear comet ISON and to be honest I have not looked at it at all. It was never really an issue for me. What is an issue though is that lots of people will find a chance to praise NASA by ridiculing conspiracy theorists given the chance. In other words if NASA is correct about ISON, then NASA is also not lying about ufos in our atmosphere, artifacts and even bases on the moon, artifacts on mars. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

What I do have some concern about is apophis about 20 years from now. Hardely anyone knows about it or talks about it in public. This seems a much more realistic threat.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I am a conspiracy theorist.. Well.. I prefer truth seeker. I'm not looking to discredit anyone, conspiracy theorist or not. I was only trying to dispel the very common, misconception that NASA lies about NEOS, specifically.

As for apophis, the last I heard, the possibility of it being a danger was narrowed significantly, but not out ruled altogether. It's a slim chance, but still a chance nonetheless. I'm sure we will hear more about it as it draws closer to the date. For now it remains slightly doom-y in my opinion.

I'll try to find the site I read that on when I get home in a little bit

edit on 28pmThu, 28 Nov 2013 16:35:33 -060013ThursdayThursday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

No problem. My comments were not directed at you eventhough I replied to you before. Just look at all the hooray NASA posts and you will notice what I meant.

As for apophis, if it was a threat I dont think we have the required hardware and knowledge to either deflect or destroy it. If we spent even a fraction of our DOD budget on space threats, whether they be alien invasion or asteroid attacks, it would be much better.

This is what pisses me off with all governments. They have their priorities messed up.
edit on 28/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: final edit

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I get it but I still don't trust 'em, don't trust any of 'em. why should I? If space exploration was so great why are we still faced with so many problems here on Earth? What good has come out of all that so far? How has humanity been improved around the world since we began exploring space? I say NASA should go fly a kite for all the money we've spent on it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I get it but I still don't trust 'em, don't trust any of 'em. why should I?

That's the great thing. You don't have to trust them. You can get a telescope and check things out for yourself.

How has humanity been improved around the world since we began exploring space?

Well that computer you're using right now is a direct result of the Space Race.

link   
And another double post.
edit on 11/28/2013 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

link   

EarthCitizen07

This seems a much more realistic threat.

that's right, what's up with everything Apophis these days? Who mentioned Apophis first, amateurs or NASA?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join