It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Parliement Exposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Dutch independent MEP Daniël van der Stoep reveals the absurd expenses policies within the European Parliament to reporter Tom Staal.

...They work sooo hard to take care of us...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This made my stomach turn. These people are sociopaths. No words, i'm gonna do my utter best to make this go viral.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Holy....I watched a few minutes of it and couldn't take it any longer...I know when I continue watching this I start raging....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I've been working to expose things like this for a very long time.

I was thrown out of politics for exposing corruption like this, and made an oath to myself and the rest of humanity that until I breathe no more, I will expose corruption, and never rest until it is stamped out.

It's nice to finally see lots, and lots of others doing the same - and for some of those to be involved in the very organisations I swore to expose.

The European Union is essentially a huge racketeering operation, that's been foisted upon the peoples and nations of Europe... the nations never needed a "political organistation" in order to trade freely, or to co-operate. It's all about money and "power".

Money, money, money. Need I say more?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

In the comments on youtube the second part is linked, apparently the reports didn't dare to publish the video.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I can't believe people are afraid of reporting the truth!

I work to expose truth, as much as is humanly possible, every day. Of course, I don't always get it right, but I do work to make things right when I get things wrong....

It would be totally unacceptable to me, to be afraid of publishing the truth. In fact, I'm just in the process of finishing a story for an online news source, exposing corruption in my Local Authority (a local council).

Some of my colleagues have been threatened, one had some of his pets poisoned as a way of intimidation, another had an attempted unlawful eviction from his home, I've been subject to police intimidation - all because of corrupt politicians. But, we have refused to yield and we all continue to speak out.

I will not stand quitely by and allow these corrupt people to get away with it. My colleagues won't either.

If more of us shouted at the top of our proverbial lungs that we won't stand for this corruption in public life, then the world would be a very different place.

Sometimes it does take a great deal of courage to stand up to people like this, to bring this to the attention of others, but it is worth doing. It will always be worth doing.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
What does guys in power are doing is disgusting

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What this video exposes is disgusting and shameful, but it is no surprise to anyone who knows anything at all about the European Union. The problem is much deeper. This organization - the EU - is outside of democratic accountability because its legislature, The European Commission, is un-elected. This means that the Commission makes laws which override our national laws, and the Commissioners who make the law cannot be voted out of office, because they are not elected. They have their jobs for life. The common name for this is dictatorship.

These parasites are the people who are deciding and shaping our future. This club of overpaid, overprivileged blood-suckers who dictate what we eat, what we drink, where we smoke, how much tax we pay and how we live, has absolutely NO accountability to anyone except themselves.

But it gets worse. Because these same self-serving parasites are the people who are making the decisions at places like Warsaw, where the future of our environment, of our planet and the lives of 7000,000,000 people are at stake.

These slobs are the people who make those decisions.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The EU hasnt had any accounts signed off for something like the last 7 years, because there's so much corruption.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sig09

I couldn`t have said it better !

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That just it, its so easy to find any "bad news" about the US government or China, but try googling for some real info on the EU, practically impossible. I have been looking for a forum more european oriented to get some intel on how things are going here. you just don't find it.

Europe is hiding behind a veil of "democratic" mambo jambo. What the US does with bombs Europe does with legislation

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sig09

Whilst I agree with the general thrust of your argument, I would point out that the EU Commission isn't a "job for life", they actually serve a term of 5 years, with each member state sending a single commissioner.

It is also worth noting that the EU Parliament can have a vote of no confidence, dissolving the Commission.

All that aside, the EU is still very "undemocratic" exactly like you have said, which is one of the main reasons it is so hated in the UK. We get laws seemingly plucked out of no where as they have little to do with the UK, but forced upon us none the less. Add onto the fact that the UK generally obeys these laws and if we fall foul, we hauled in front of the EU for a bollocking, but if France or Germany break (bend) the rules, it is let go.

Also, while on the subject of the expense, this video appears to be mainly about the Strasbourg Parliament, which is really just ego-stroking for the French where the whole Parliament ups sticks and leaves Brussels for a few days a month to sit in France. There is currently an effort to cease this from many with the EU Parliament, as it costs millions every month to do, but as expected the French are bitterly fighting it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

In the youtube comment the second part of the interview is linked - Brussels. Thing is, you talk about how England gets laws down its throat. Join the line mate, it's the same for all of us.

Harsh words but we are living in a german Europe.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Since Roman perhaps even before, there has been corruption, seems its hard wired into politics, there all at it one way or another, no 'guy of the street' is ever voted for, probably never will.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Now that takes some balls! Wow, just wow!

I'm not from Europe, but I would just imagine that our politicians here in America enjoy similar perks that seem to violate every aspect of morality and ethics. How the hell this type of behavior becomes legal anywhere in the world is beyond me.

On the other hand, it kinda explains why we see politicians spending millions on campaigns just to get elected to a 4yr. position that pays a couple hundred thousand a year. Apparently, their salaries amount to just pennies when compared to the other perks.

Some parts of it remind me of the videos I've seen of american lobbyist hiring homeless people to stand in line for them at the various congressional leaders doors who they are targeting to lobby for specific legislation.

They stand in line, sometimes for hours on end and then when they get close to being "next," they call the lobbyist on the phone provided to them and bingo, he shows up just in time to bribe an elected leader.

Doesn't anyone actually do their own job anymore?

Great find, a big F&S for the OP!
edit on 27-11-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join