It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet St. Lucifer of Cagliari

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

Sit back as I introduce you to St. Lucifer of Cagliari.

Lucifer Calaritanus (Italian: Lucifero da Cagliari) (d. May 20, 370 or 371) was a bishop of Cagliari in Sardinia known for his passionate opposition to Arianism. He is venerated as a Saint in Sardinia, though his status remains controversial.

link to source

For those of you not familiar, Arianism is the belief that Jesus was subordinate to God and NOT the living embodiment of God, equal forever on all levels.
This was the reason for the first great schism that plagued the church.
Whispers say it was caused by Lucifer, historically no lie, and it absolutely gave rise to the nicene creed.

Lucifer is essentially responsible for Christians worshiping God embodied by a man, Jesus.

Now Christians worship an idol, a man, and can process the gnostic aspect of papal divination much easier.

Say thanks to Lucifer, literally that was his name.
Say thanks to Lucifer for bringing humanism to the Christians.

edit on 26/11/2013 by kyviecaldges because: Because I made a stupid error. That is why we edit.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

This is the second time I've seen Humanism referenced in a thread topic in a negative and religious context.

I'm fairly certain Humanism is NOT what you think it is.

Humanism has nothing to do with idolatry.
Humanism has nothing to do with religion of and by itself.

Please read: Humanism

Unless, of course, there's religious propaganda going on to make up entirely new definitions for already defined philosophies based from a religious perspective.

edit on 11/26/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

NOt sure if this is what OP was referring to or not but here ya go:

Christian Humanism

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Lucifer, in the Bible, refers to the King of Babylon, not Satan. The confusion came rather late in Christianity, but Lucifer is not the devil, despite what whacko evangelicals will tell you.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by kyviecaldges

This is the second time I've seen Humanism referenced in a thread topic in a negative and religious context.

I'm fairly certain Humanism is NOT what you think it is.

Humanism has nothing to do with idolatry.
Humanism has nothing to do with religion of and by itself.

Yeah, it sucks when your beliefs are misrepresented and bashed, doesn't it?

AliceBleachWhite
Unless, of course, there's religious propaganda going on to make up entirely new definitions for already defined philosophies based from a religious perspective.

Do you not see the irony here? This is done to mainstream religions all the time and their adherents always end up having to answer for it. Humanism is gaining popularity and will go through the same initiation that Christianity has to go through.

I'm fortunate enough that my path is fairly "below the radar" and no subject to much of this but I fully empathize. Soon, Humanism will be just as misrepresented as Christianity.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

adjensen
Lucifer, in the Bible, refers to the King of Babylon, not Satan. The confusion came rather late in Christianity, but Lucifer is not the devil, despite what whacko evangelicals will tell you.

Lucifer means light bearer, he's more of a Prometheus character, yes misunderstood and you're right, not the devil but not the king of Babylon either.
edit on EWednesday2827pm0523 by Elijah23 because: simple grammar error... damn predictive text on a galaxy S4!!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am a humanist.

The type of therapy that I was taught in school was from the humanist school.

I am not bashing humansim, but then again, I don't have a problem with Lucifer either.
Whomever he might be.

My point in the thread is that a Christian's belief in God being able to take the body of a man IS at its essence a humanist belief.

You shouldn't take things personally.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

smithas05

NOt sure if this is what OP was referring to or not but here ya go:

Christian Humanism

That is exactly what I was talking about.

Thank you.

top topics

join