It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: White House Lying About Details of Nuke Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Iranian officials say that the White House is misleading the public about the details of an interim nuclear agreement reached over the weekend in Geneva.

Iranian foreign ministry official on Tuesday rejected the White House’s version of the deal as “invalid” and accused Washington of releasing a factually inaccurate primer that misleads the American public.

freebeacon.com...

Iranian Source

Interesting...Strange talk from someone we just made a deal with. Maybe there's something to it. Make the American public feel like we "won" somehow while allowing them the capability of enriching uranium.

I wonder if the President told Iran , "If you like your nukes, you can keep them." ?

Jimmy Carter foreign policy revisited?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There is an easy way to resolve this -

Release the agreement paperwork in its entirety. All sides involved so we can see if all documents are the same.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

that misleads the American public

Your government does this on a regular basis....its called propaganda.
(nazis did this too)

Strange talk from someone we just made a deal with

When you are dealing with people who lie alot....who really knows??
Its hard to believe anything these days which makes the propaganda easier to pull off.
If you hear enough bullspunk...you eventually plug your ears and listen to what you want to listen to.

I don't even think you actually get to vote people in anymore....and your vote is laughable to them when YOU say it still counts.

edit on 26-11-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm sure they'll at least give us an abbreviated version at some point, law may require making that info public (or not)...

Pelosi's gotta love this agreement, let's just sign it then we'll find out what's in it.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I hadn't read the actual text until now. I read the one Iran is putting out with Farsnews and it matches what CNN links to.

I'm speechless.

In return, the E3/EU+3 would undertake the following voluntary measures:

• Pause efforts to further reduce Iran's crude oil sales, enabling Iran's current customers to purchase their current average amounts of crude oil. Enable the repatriation of an agreed amount of revenue held abroad. For such oil sales, suspend the EU and U.S. sanctions on associated insurance and transportation services.

• Suspend U.S. and EU sanctions on:

o Iran's petrochemical exports, as well as sanctions on associated services.5 o Gold and precious metals, as well as sanctions on associated services.

• Suspend U.S. sanctions on Iran's auto industry, as well as sanctions on associated services.

• License the supply and installation in Iran of spare parts for safety of flight for Iranian civil aviation and associated services. License safety related inspections and repairs in Iran as well as associated services.
(Op Link)

CNN Story - Click on 'Read the deal (.PDF)' there It's the same text for that.

Iran agreed to terms which impact a 6 month period while our side gave up everything, and how that reads, some that has been in place for a few decades now. I don't see distinction made or mentioned by either side.

I'm just speechless.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is it just me or half the past two weeks been making no sense what so ever? There is some really messed up stuff going on right now.

I'm not pro Iran, nor against ( the people ) but this kinda feels like a one way deal.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

just sign it then we'll find out what's in it.

Who has any clue what they do behind closed doors....we sure don't.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by Signals

just sign it then we'll find out what's in it.

Who has any clue what they do behind closed doors....we sure don't.

There are 2 things in this world that you never let the public see made...

Laws and Sausage...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I don't even think you actually get to vote people in anymore....and your vote is laughable to them when you say it still counts.

Oh, the problem is no one bothers to take the time out of their day to even show up. Elections average 50%, and you can take some % off for people who turned 18 and go for the first time experience or lark for each election. Another % are normal people who swing by issues, but not that many swing OUT to actually VOTE on the day it matters, let alone sooner when it matters most.

So most of the 40-50%, historically, represent the party hacks and party faithful of the two sides. They always vote and just one punch will do. Straight Ticket to one letter or the other, figuratively or literally for those areas that still do it.

If people actually DID show up? Well, heck, you get lines around the block for a few % swing now. See 85% turnout and the whole system would break into a pile of smoking goo and pissed off voters.

We oughta try it sometime just to see what happens.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

More voters did show up when Obama came around....its been done already and i still here the same thing and smell that same old smell.....if you don't vote you can't complain.
Yes i can....i complain about people who believe this garbage and keep it going.
I know NOTHING about politics but I do know what crap smells like.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are an optimist....i am a pessimist after smelling all this for far too long.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons are a hoax. So is nuclear power.
It is all theatre (of the absurd).

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Interesting...Strange talk from someone we just made a deal with. Maybe there's something to it. Make the American public feel like we "won" somehow while allowing them the capability of enriching uranium.
reply to post by Signals

The US isn't "allowing" Iran to continue enrichment. The point that the Iranians are making, is that as signitories of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty, they have the LEGAL RIGHT to enrich uranium, as do ALL signitories of the NPT.

I wonder if the President told Iran , "If you like your nukes, you can keep them." ?

Now that Sir, was one of the funniest things I have read today!!
Nicely played

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Release the agreement paperwork in its entirety.
reply to post by Xcathdra

OOOOOO...I'm sorry. The government can't do that for reasons of national security and public safety. A well informed public is sure to lead to rampaqnt domestic terrorism.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I don't even think you actually get to vote people in anymore....and your vote is laughable to them when you say it still counts.

If people actually DID show up? Well, heck, you get lines around the block for a few % swing now. See 85% turnout and the whole system would break into a pile of smoking goo and pissed off voters.

We oughta try it sometime just to see what happens.

I disagree wholeheartedly. In fact just opposite should have the desired affect. Instead of 80% + it should be 0.0000001%. This will invalidate the entire charade (as this is all it is).

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Of course this administration tells us what they think will make the American citizens think they have done something special. I don't believe a bit of anything that comes from this white house.

I read that part of the deal is they release the FBI (or ex FBI) agent they have been holding for years, yet the wife of the preacher being held is mad because they didn't request or insist on his release also. I guess that is part of it, and also shows Obama's true feelings about anyone Christian.

All smoke and mirrors designed to make this administration look good. Pffft.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

this "peace" agreement will do more to start a conflict than iran actually having nukes in the first place.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

OneFreeMan
Nuclear weapons are a hoax. So is nuclear power.
It is all theatre (of the absurd).

Are you saying Nukes don't exist? I think Oppenheimer would disagree...

could you please elaborate?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The Iranians say one thing...and Barack Obama says another; I wonder which is the bigger liar.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just a thought: Lets say we make a most favorable deal with Iran and advertise the heck out of it showing how fair and wonderful we are to the Iranians. Then sometime later we advertise how they have gone against this wonderfully fair agreement and are cheating with pictures and MSN talking heads all in agreement.

World opinion at this stage/today does not favor an attack on Iran but when the propaganda machine cranks back up showing what a supposedly cheating lying nation they are world opinion can be played like a fine violin.

Israel, Saudi Arabia, and a few others are a fly in this plan but no doubt they will see the benefit of the plan and sit on their weapons for a time to see if it works.... I hope so... My understanding in a super hush way Saudi is already letting Israel scope out airfields for use in an Israel attack on Iran. Sorry do not remember where I read that and even if it is factual.

Just a thought but it would not surprise me if this is the real deal behind all the talk and agreements.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Iran is having a problem with the "fact sheet" released by the White House. Not the deal itself.
The text of the fact sheet is a bit different. You can read it here:
www.whitehouse.gov...

Take this line, for example, from the Fact Sheet.

Halt all enrichment above 5% and dismantle the technical connections required to enrich above 5%.

There is nothing in actual deal that states Iran will be dismantling any technical connections to limit enrichment above 5%.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join