It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Deny Ignorance: The Not So Doom-y Truth About Comet ISON

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

alfa1

symptomoftheuniverse
how fast would a grenade explode in the vacume in space?

A grenade?
As it happens I had a few hours before my GF finishes work, so I dusted off an old program I wrote in VB5 back in the 1990's, reworked it a bit, and ran a simulation.

What would happen to the fragments, if aliens landed on comet ISON on November 1st, and exploded a grenade?
Using this page as a source, grenade fragments:

but some traveled as fast 1,500 miles per hour

1500 miles per hour.
2 414.016 kilometres / hour, or more than 6 days to get to the moon.

The simulation looked like this: Red for fragments, white for the comet:
From November1, to December 30th

Now recall thats only in two dimensions.
If you have a look at the orbit viewer in three dimensions, you'll see the hypothetical grenade fragments still arent anywhere near hitting anything.

but its not just 1 grenade exploding ,its millions,some fragments exploding many many times,increasing velocity of each fragment,increasing the size of the debris cloud.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

operation mindcrime
reply to post by CyberTruth

Actually I'm surprised at the amount of data that is availible. I have been tracking this thing all day on the SOHO satelite and for anyone interested the SDO (Solar Dynamics Observatory) spacecraft will be poiting especially off-center from the sun so we can watch ISON in almost real time pass the sun...

Peace

Oh and about it's predicted trajectory...

It's dead-on.

edit on 27-11-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)
it seems the square is tilted somewhat. Is this to fit the prediction.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Don't remember hearing anyone say it was going to hit us or that it was nibiru.

Unless it was a joke.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
i like how people continue to act like they know everything about space or a comet for this matter. nasa dont even know # about comets .

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

step away from this site also. smh

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Chelyabinsk

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

that's what i said. there hasn't been much doom surrounding ison. other than it possibly being niribu lol

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

daryllyn

Thank you miss Darlin' -

It's always admirable to see someone supply reference to conjecture..
..and to see both sides of the proverbial coin!

NASA (Never-A-Straight-Answer)
Many of this particular forum members believe that NASA hoaxed the Moon landings (not me) and therefore believe NASA is capable of hiding ALL information deemed not "public friendly"!
That being said - WHO controls the space telescopes..? hmmm

Now I have a hypothetical question for Mr. Phage -
How can anyone be sure of what ISON will exactly do when we know NOTHING about it's inner core makeup..?
Suppose for the sake of argument, ISON is a chunk of coal with a DIAMOND at it's center, at perihelion when the coal breaks away and the center diamond is revealed - what would be the expected outcome if ol' Sol tossed a X class CME
at the hypothetical diamond and it's optical interference with the diamond..? (pure speculation on my part)

I realize this thread is about comet ISON, but let's not forget the other three objects conjecturing with the Sun and Enke's perihelion 7 days after ISON...could be the static 'battery' discharge!?!

If we "Pan the Starrs", the bright "space-sperm" could cause some "Lovejoy" to "Enke" out the "Wild One" putting the proverbial "ISON" on the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all - enjoy the ride and stay safe!
edit on 27-11-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
it seems the square is tilted somewhat. Is this to fit the prediction.

Shhhhhh.....it's actually heading straight for us. I was hoping the tilted trajectory would fool you.

To be fair, I have no idea why I had to tilt the trajectory overlay. I just took the first point ISON entered LASCO C3 and the last one around 14:00 and placed the predicted trajectory between those two points.

Peace
edit on 27-11-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

HumAnnunaki

daryllyn

Thank you miss Darlin' -

Many of this particular forum members believe that NASA hoaxed the Moon landings (not me) and therefore believe NASA is capable of hiding ALL information deemed not "public friendly"!

How can anyone be sure of what ISON will exactly do when we know NOTHING about it's inner core makeup..?
Suppose for the sake of argument, ISON is a chunk of coal with a DIAMOND at it's center, at perihelion when the coal breaks away and the center diamond is revealed - what would be the expected outcome if ol' Sol tossed a X class CME
at the hypothetical diamond and it's optical interference with the diamond..? (pure speculation on my part)

I realize this thread is about comet ISON, but let's not forget the other three objects conjecturing with the Sun and Enke's perihelion 7 days after ISON...could be the static 'battery' discharge!?!

If we "Pan the Starrs", the bright "space-sperm" could cause some "Lovejoy" to "Enke" out the "Wild One" putting the proverbial "ISON" on the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all - enjoy the ride and stay safe!
edit on 27-11-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

wtf
edit on 27-11-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

MrConspiracy

Don't remember hearing anyone say it was going to hit us or that it was nibiru.

Unless it was a joke.

Its all over the internet.

-its niburu
-it has a ship following it/is being steered
-its bigger than they are admitting
-its going to cause earthquakes and such on earth
-and some other thing about the pope that I can't remember

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reject

Chelyabinsk

Yeah? What about it?

It was an undiscovered object that no one saw coming.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The ISON debris field is the issue, the path that earth passes through after ISON's slingshot exit from the sun, no one can even predict, even NASA, the problem that concerns me is that a false flag could be executed to fool some that we are being bombarded by meteorites or debris from this very situation in the aftermath of the comet on it's path leaving the solar system.

You are right that there is much disinformation about the comet, but there are actually experts who are not affiliated with 4 or 3 letter government agencies that have a great concern about the debris field which there is a real scenario it might possibly prove to be catastrophic using some models, the other thing is that it has been demonstrated that ISON is having an effect on the SUN in what one might describe as electrical arcing behavior.

I am convinced that it is also having some effect on earth as well

I think there is more to the ISON comet that what we know or have real access to as the general public and we should not discount the data and theories that it is a real threat.

The accounts of the meteorite strikes more than likely responsible for the infamous Chicago fires if repeated in any equal or smaller scale will be enough to declare a disaster and create a mobilization of domestic and joint military resources or martial law situation.

edit on 27-11-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

ShaeTheShaman

step away from this site also. smh

Why? Am I ruining your doom?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Thank you miss Darlin' -

To all - enjoy the ride and stay safe![

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

phinubian
The ISON debris field is the issue, the path that earth passes through after ISON's slingshot exit from the sun, no one can even predict, even NASA, the problem that concerns me is that a false flag could be executed to fool some that we are being bombarded by meteorites or debris from this very situation in the aftermath of the comet on it's path leaving the solar system.

We pass through debris fields many times a year.

You are right that there is much disinformation about the comet, but there are actually experts who are not affiliated with 4 or 3 digit government agencies that have a great concern about the debris field which there is a real scenario it might possibly prove to be catastrophic using some models, the other thing is that it has been demonstrated that ISON is having an effect on the SUN in what one might describe as electrical arcing behavior.

I am convinced that it is also having some effect on earth as well

What effect would that be? And don't say solar flares.... we ARE in solar maximum as we speak so flares of all sizes should be expected.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

its a electric universe and your science is outdated . you know nothing

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

When calculating trajectory, you need speed and mass.
No. In calculating orbits the mass of the object is irrelevant. It appears on "both sides" of the equation and is cancelled.

Given the same starting vector, a marble and the Moon would follow the same orbit.

edit on 11/27/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Suppose for the sake of argument, ISON is a chunk of coal with a DIAMOND at it's center, at perihelion when the coal breaks away and the center diamond is revealed - what would be the expected outcome if ol' Sol tossed a X class CME at the hypothetical diamond and it's optical interference with the diamond..? (pure speculation on my part)

There is no such thing as an X class CME but what "optical interference" are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join