It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Deny Ignorance: The Not So Doom-y Truth About Comet ISON

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Deserved the 132 start and 94 star.

Good thread.
edit on 28/11/2013 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ison has melted.....it's gone, no-one has seen it since it went behind the Sun...it's a Dead comet.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

An ex-comet.
It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Soloprotocol

An ex-comet.
It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace!

I would have quoted Monty Python...i just couldn't remember the script..

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Daryllyn, Good Points! I'm glad to see someone put All this into Perspective. Good Job on That. Thanx, Syx.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

You are not understanding what I am talking about, I never said pieces flying off of the comet as it hit the sun I fully understand that, did you actually read what I wrote? I am talking about the debris that is left behind in the path of the orbit it has already taken, I believe Phage touched on it but he said that it is possibly too far away or something.

For sure this is what I am speaking of so you are not misunderstanding what I have been talking about since my first reply on the thread, it is all about the aftermath of this humongous field of dust and actually anything the comet may have collided with and not fully obliterated on its path, we still may have to travel through it...comprendes ????

For several days around January 12, 2014
edit on 28-11-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

phinubian

I am talking about the debris that is left behind in the path of the orbit it has already taken, I believe Phage touched on it but he said that it is possibly too far away or something.

Yes, that was addressed.

Hint: It's dust

From your source:

"For several days around January 12, 2014, Earth will pass through a stream of fine-grained debris from Comet ISON," says Wiegert. "The resulting shower could have some interesting properties.

"Instead of burning up in a flash of light, they will drift gently down to the Earth below," he says.
Don’t expect to notice. The invisible rain of comet dust, if it occurs, would be very slow. It can take months or even years for fine dust to settle out of the high atmosphere.

While the dust is “up there,” it could produce noctilucent clouds (NLCs).

edit on 28pmThu, 28 Nov 2013 19:01:35 -060013ThursdayThursday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

You are not understanding what I am talking about, I never said pieces flying off of the comet as it hit the sun I fully understand that, did you actually read what I wrote? I am talking about the debris that is left behind in the path of the orbit it has already taken, I believe Phage touched on it but he said that it is possibly too far away or something

From your first post in this thread

The ISON debris field is the issue, the path that earth passes through after ISON's slingshot exit from the sun, no one can even predict, even NASA, the problem that concerns me is that a false flag could be executed to fool some that we are being bombarded by meteorites or debris from this very situation in the aftermath of the comet on it's path leaving the solar system.

So, what are you really talking about?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I know exactly how to read that they are saying it is dust, but if you read the whole thing and many articles written by the experts use the good old disclaimer, no one really knows the exact outcome or this is a small chance, but in most of your replies you seem to be so sure as though you are an expert, might I ask what are your actual credentials in this area ? as well as the apparent other expert on this thread "Phage".

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Did I reply to you? I am addressing this in response to the explanation that I was given from OP about what happens when comets disentigrate which was not the nature of what I replied about initially, have you actually read the thread ? if so you would not have to answer with this redundant and nonsensical reply.
You would fully understand why I replied with that.
Because her explanation had absolutely nothing to do with my comments about the debris field, her retorts to my comments were as if I were talking about ISON exploding as it hit the sun or something to that effect, which is completely not what I was referring to.

My concerns about the debris field in the path that the comet already took were met with this....
The illustration of the field I am talking about is on the one of the last replies above if you would like to read it, too bad I could not explain this earlier so people would not have misunderstood what debris field I was talking about.....

Response from the OP to try and shunt my response to ground.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link quote reply

Your theory about pieces hitting us was addressed earlier in the thread... a number of times.

The pieces don't spray off in multiple directions, nor do they stray too horribly far from the parent body's path. This is something that has been witnessed previously. If it were totally unknown to us scientifically, then maybe there would be cause for concern.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

phinubian

I know exactly how to read that they are saying it is dust, but if you read the whole thing and many articles written by the experts use the good old disclaimer, no one really knows the exact outcome or this is a small chance, but in most of your replies you seem to be so sure as though you are an expert, might I ask what are your actual credentials in this area ? as well as the apparent other expert on this thread "Phage".

I. never. claimed. to. be. an. expert. on. anything.

I have already told you that if you do not believe what I say, or the facts I've presented, or the sources I have linked.....

Then go read and investigate for yourself. Arrive at your own conclusion. Think for yourself. Research it.

There is a wealth of information out there.... at your very fingertips.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Did I reply to you?

Do I care? It's a public forum. If you don't like that you can use the private message feature.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I believe you stole a piece of advice from one of my earlier responses when I said think for yourself..

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You sound like your avatar looks...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

My concerns about the debris field in the path that the comet already took were met with this....

When did your concerns switch to this from your initial concern over the alleged unknowable path?

It just looks like you're trying to spin this.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

phinubian

I believe you stole a piece of advice from one of my earlier responses when I said think for yourself..

I have been. For a long time.

When there is something I am not sure of, like comet ISON for example, I read all the info I can on it, from as many sources as I can find, from any angle available, and use all of the info to make an informed decision, or keep reading until I feel satisfied in my understanding. I'm an information junkie.

I encourage everyone to dig up info for themselves if they aren't clear or are skeptical.... on ANY subject.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But wait - it still moves. ISON is still alive.

Some people sure are in a rush to leave the theatre before the end credits roll. NASA and now Phage convinced the show is over it would seem.

ISON moves through perihelion and out from behind the Sun as shown on both Stereo Lasco and SECCHI.

Bruce Gary posted this some time earlier.

Nov 28, 21.5 UT: A remnant of the comet has emerged in C2 images, so the break-up wasn't complete. Maybe the pieces that remain are exhausted of their volatiles which would explain why there is no coma and only a debris tail.

www.brucegary.net...

But to Bruce I would say if ISON has broken up into pieces then that is one SIZEABLE piece I can see coming out from behind the big electric ball.

Maybe seeing it for yourself is the only way to convince you.

edit on 28-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Maybe seeing it for yourself is the only way to convince you.

I've seen. A cloud of disassociated stuff. A headless comet. Leftovers, like turkey sandwiches tomorrow.

edit on 11/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did you get that from Wiki also?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

NOOOOOO!!! no spin Mr. Anti Obfuscation, I can't explain this anymore, you missed the point sir.
Anyhow maybe someone can see what I was talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join