It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwave Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Microwave Radiation Weapons: See Heat Ray, read War of the Worlds by HG Wells.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well let's bring it back to microwave weapons their use and potential. Here is enough info to occupy the remainder of your weekend while watching the football games tommorow.

Polar Bear

Enter, stage left, H.A.A.R.P., the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program. (For a review of the multi-faceted subject of HAARP, readers can refer back to last month�s edition of The SPECTRUM for an excellent summary that was titled Who Needs A Microwave Oven! Or, HAARP�s Covert Agendas: The Big Picture, by John A. Quinn.)

omega.twoday.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Good morning good people!

Here are some more links, easily available doing some googling by this string: "Active Denial System" ...

www.mindcontrolforums.com...
Or this:
www.defensetech.org...
Or what about this:
www.globalsecurity.org...

And to young people wanting to build their own: Do not try this at home, or anywhere else where people roam. Aiming a microwavecannon to someones head wil boil the brain and turn the victims eyes totally white, looking like an egg.

Remember: Nonlethal weapons does NOT mean it won't harm you. -It just doesn't kill you, like, instantly!

The effects of the MW beam on the victims include extreme weariness, headache, irregular heartbeat, diarrhea, painful testis, damaged nervous system and internal organs, burned skin and eye damage. Later effects include blindness, heart attack, stroke and cancer. In the last months by some victims, cancerous tumors have been diagnosed.

A picture of a homemade microcannon.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Ulvetann]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Actually, That homemade stuff is worth crap. To make a real microwave-weapon that will work on a distance you�ll need millions of watt. Like in the example I used in the initial post. I bet those humvee-versions are quite powerful. No homemade stuff will work on a distance unless you have an extremely good power source. I wouldn�t like to be exposed to any kind of microwave. Even a 1500 W old micro-oven which is "leaking" could be dangerous, but only within a short distance from it.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Jup. but if you direct the beam, by, let's say hangig it up on a wall next to your neighbours apartment, his cozy sofa on the other side of the wall, isn't so cozy anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
some tests revealed fragmentation of the genome - i don't need to emphasise how dangerous this could be

from emfguru.org...

Most of the studies mentioned above concluded that the microwave effect, if it existed, was indistinguishable from the effects of external heating. However, it was recently demonstrated (Kakita 1995) that the microwave effect is distinguishable from external heating by the fact that it is capable of extensively fragmenting viral DNA, something that heating to the same temperature did not accomplish. This experiment consisted of irradiating a bacteriophage PL-1 culture at 2450 MHz and comparing this with a separate culture heated to the same temperature. The survival percentage was approximately the same in both cases, but evaluation by electrophoresis and electron microscopy showed that the DNA of the microwaved samples had mostly disappeared.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"To make a real microwave-weapon that will work on a distance you?ll need millions of watt. "

No. The point of the ADS is that it doesn't fry people, it just makes them feel like they're frying. The actual power output is very modest. The secret is that the waves do not penetrate very far, and so only heat up a very thin layer of skin.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wembley

The point of the ADS is that it doesn't fry people, it just makes them feel like they're frying.

Maybe that's the point of the ADS. But I strongly believe that if people feel like they're frying, it must be dangerous. If those who sell these weapons say "it's not dangerous", I don't believe them. If scientists say it's changing or destroying DNA, I don't believe it's safe.

Btw, this is an old thread. Any updates on these weapons?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
XL5 was right. HPM is pulsed, like a millisecond IIRC. These things are interesting, I am going to work on a hand and backpack mounted 1 KW microwave gun. Too bad I won't get around to it in a while, I have too many projects.

Standard microwave uses a 2000 volt transformer with a large capacitor to fire the magnetron. If you bypass the safety switch on the microwave door and keep the microwave door open, you'll blow a 30 amp fuse as you try to microwave the room you are in. This is kind fun on experimental levels.

The transformer has enough of a kick to kill a person so you may want to keep this in mind while experimenting with this.

Microwaves won't affect the circuits the same way as an Electro-Magnetic Pulse does. An EMP, such as a high altitude nuclear burst, will fry unprotected circuits on a continent wide basis. Microwave burst will just make things warm and affect people more than equipment.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The i believe active denial system has been in testing for almost 10 years now. The project was started in response to the incident in Mogadishu. The military wanted an option to handle a situation like in mogadishu with out killing thousands of people. Most of the development in the last ten years was to control the lethality of the system, it had a tendency to cook the target. I also believe that the recent desicion to not deploy the system to iraq means that they havent gotten control of the lethality factor, not that it doesnt work, it works to well.
The japanese built microwave weapons at the very end of WW2 that were tested, on "monkeys" ie prisoners.
I think these designs were the basis for the trucks with the dish antennae in the early Godzilla movies.
I also recently read that the russians have developed a hand held microwave weapon, in the last couple of years.
I have also read that an infared battle field laser has been tested as a vehicle mounted sytem, mounted on a hummer.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Here's an update. Active Denial System can kill!

Active Denial System NOT Nonlethal, It Can Kill (by anxietydisorder)

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
...but there's not actual evidence for the claim that the ADS is lethal, just a guy who has made some wild claims before (like, he found WMD in Iraq).

if toy wanted a lethal microwave weapon, you would not design it like that. In fact, a lethal microwave weapon makes little sense - something higher frequency would do the job a lot better. And in fact, there are lethal lasers (like the ATL) under development.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There was a Microwave Pulse Rifle made during desert storm but deemed Inhumane to use on people due to the way it mutilated them. Funny Fat politicians write ROE's and young people like me serving our country have to listen to them because we dont want to look mean. haha like a freaking mk82 is a more respectable way to die. wow i hate liberals

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Here's an update. Active Denial System can kill!

Active Denial System NOT Nonlethal, It Can Kill (by anxietydisorder)

Well sure it can kill, a BB can kill if you use it right.

"Anything is a weapon in the hands of a master" as they say....

As for EM....well technically everything from lasers to radars can kill and ARE electromagnetic weapons since they are all basically just an EM wave(s) at different frequency.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
At the moment we have something like this meant for the infantry that would basically melt anyone within the area, the problem is... it does that to the operator as well, which is why it isnt used and is still not "tested". So something like this for weaponry wouldnt be that hard to reproduce I suppose, though I suppose that it would be more dangerous to the people around it as well.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man
At the moment we have something like this meant for the infantry that would basically melt anyone within the area, the problem is... it does that to the operator as well, which is why it isnt used and is still not "tested". So something like this for weaponry wouldnt be that hard to reproduce I suppose, though I suppose that it would be more dangerous to the people around it as well.

Not really....you can easily direct electromagnetic waves. Just look at Radar....

Either that or just protect the operator with Lead shielding....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
True, but this isnt direct, its a wide "explosion". Lead would work but it would have to be 2 feet of it

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is the ADS. It produces a directed beam about two metres across. Are you sure you're not talking about something else like an EMP bomb?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

True, but this isnt direct, its a wide "explosion". Lead would work but it would have to be 2 feet of it

Yes it is, thats how a scanner works....several small "beams" of EM radiation are directed out of small holes in the scanner at different angles....the scanner turns in a circle thereby giving the user 360 degrees of view.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No, this is a directed device. It fires a roughly focused beam of microwaves.

It certainly doesn't take "2 feet" of lead to stop radio or microwaves. A millimeter of steel works fine. Hell, it can be a millimeter of steel mesh, with millimeter wide holes in it. You'll notice that your microwave oven isn't blasting microwaves all over your room. The door has a metal mesh that holds the microwaves inside, but lets you see in. This works because microwaves are very low energy EM radiation, and consequently have a long wavelength. visible light is much more energetic, and has a much shorter wavelength, so you can see right through a grid that stops microwaves.

It's kind of a funny property of light, that what you can see is limited by the wavelength of the light used. That's why electron microscopes exist. Even though everything including electrons has a wavelength, the wavelength of an electron is minuscule compared to visible light, so you can see much smaller objects with an electron microscope than with a light microscope.

With a microwave microscope, you'd only be able to see things that are bigger than half a centimeter across or bigger. You'll notice that microwave ovens don't cook ants. They're smaller than the wavelength of microwaves, and are thus unaffected.

Not all EM acts the same. It doesn't take much to stop radio or microwave, it take more, but still not much to stop IR or visible light, or even ultraviolet. It's only when it comes to X-rays and gamma rays that you start needing lead (or other) shielding. And even with x-rays, it doesn't take much. Gamma rays have as much penetration as high energy X-rays and then up from there. You might need six feet of concrete or better to stop high energy gamma rays.

Microwaves, however, are weak. They aren't absorbed well by some materials, so they do penetrate stuff like water to a degree, but just about any thickness of metal will reflect it handily.

Lead is just used because it's dense, so you don't need that much of it, thickness wise. Depleted uranium makes for even better radiation shielding, because it's even denser.

You could build a suit to protect you from this, but if you miss a spot, it's still going to hurt like crap. Ensuring complete coverage is difficult.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join