It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most dangerous job becoming that of a plant worker with all these explosions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
With the daily reports of chemical plant explosions occurring every where, I think that the job of working in these plants has become the most dangerous job in America, and the world, and I'm wondering if these workers are paying attention and ready to start asking for a wage increase. Hazard pay should be applied to plant workers with all these unexplained explosions. It's funny how all these explosions continue to go on without a real answer to why. Why are they happening. You all know where I stand on this issue, just look at my profile and observe my threads, you'll see what I think is causing it. I don't want to get into all that right now, because I am being serious here...working in a plant is becoming highly dangerous with all these explosions. Heck, just watch the nightly news. Right now, on Fox News in the background as I write this, there was a massive fireball eruption at a fruit plant in Oregon. No explanation for what caused it, as usual.

Here is a list of plant explosions and fires that remain unexplained in just the past four days.

Explosion at cement plant sparks fire

SPEED, IN (WAVE) – An explosion sparked a fire at a southern Indiana cement plant Sunday evening.

Essroc Materials on Highway 31 in Speed, Indiana was evacuated after a fire alarm sounded around 5:40 p.m.

Fire crews said they arrived on the scene and had the situation under control in about 30 minutes. The plant is five or six stories and officials said getting to hot spots took most of the 30 minutes.

No injuries have been reported.

Explosion rocks phosphate plant in FL

Two Mosaic Co. employees were injured when an explosion rocked the phosphate company's Riverview plant off of Highway 41 this afternoon, Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokesman Ronnie Rivera said.

An empty acid tank exploded during routine maintenance, causing the top to fly approximately 100 feet in the air and come crashing to the ground, Rivera said. The explosion also sent up a cloud 100 feet above the plant.

The two employees were taken to the hospital with what were deemed non-life threatening injuries, Rivera said.

According to The Associated Press, one worker who had been standing on the structure was struck in the chest by shrapnel. The other injured worker was on the ground.

Hillsborough County Fire Rescue's Hazardous Incident Team was on the scene after the explosion, metering the air for safety.

Stay with TBO.com for updates.

Fire at waste recycling plant in Cork

Several units of the fire service have been battling an extensive fire at a waste recycling plant on the outskirts of Cork City.
The fire broke out at around 7.30pm last night at the Greenstar Waste Recycling Plant at Sarsfield Court in Glanmire.
Up to a dozen units were fighting the blaze at one stage.
The fire was eventually put out and gardaí preserved the scene for a technical examination to establish the cause of the blaze.
The fire is not believed to be suspicious.

Fire damages plastics company

Firefighters battled a stubborn blaze that damaged a plastic factory in Yemassee for more than five hours Friday night.

An ambulance driver saw fire and sparks coming from the top of the Dixie Poly Drum about 11 p.m. and called the Yemassee Fire Department, said Paul Holmes, a medical first responder. Units from Beaufort, Jasper, Colleton and Hampton counties also responded to the fire, he said.

No one was injured but two of the three Dixie Poly Drum buildings were destroyed in the fire that was under control between 4 and 5 a.m., Holmes said.

"It burned hot and heavy and was almost inundated with water pouring on it for several hours before it gave up," Holmes said. "We had hoses in every direction."

Firefighters remained on the scene until about 7 a.m., he said. Attempts Saturday to reach Yemassee fire officials were unsuccessful.

Read more here: www.islandpacket.com...=cpy

Fire at Darlington peanut oil plant

A fire at the Hartsville Oil Mill on Washington Street in Darlington is contained, according to the Darlington City Fire Department.

Firefighters were called to a fire inside a building at the plant around 10:25 Thursday night.

Peanut hulls got too hot and started burning, producing a lot of smoke and some flames, according to police.

Crews had the fire contained within 15 minutes, but officials say there are still several hot spots.

Crews will remain on scene until the fire is completely out.

Police have blocked off a portion of Washington Street for the fire department to run their water hoses across the street.

Fire officials expect to have a better estimate of the damage Friday.

Three killed when chemical cylinder explodes

Ondo - Three people were killed while several others sustained injuries when a chemical filled cylinder exploded in Ondo state, Vanguard reports.

The explosion was said to have occurred when one of the cylinders containing some chemicals being used for purification of water by the state water corporation located at Araromi Obu, Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State suddenly burst and the chemical content escaped.

It was gathered that a grandmother and her grandson were among the deceased. The other person, Olatayo Adejayan aka Malato, was one of the few people that rushed to the scene where the explosion happened.

The victims have been rushed to hospital where they are receiving medical attention while the remains of the deceased were deposited in the morgue.

Plastics factory destroyed by fire

Witnesses reported seeing large plumes of black smoke from up to 10 miles away.

Les Armstrong from Armstrong's Blacksmiths, which is based on the industrial estate, said no other businesses seemed to be in any danger.

"The flames are as high as the factory roof and the smoke is thick and black but it seems like the fire is being contained," he said.

Explosion at furniture factory

Virginia recycling center hit by fire

Electronics recycling center hit by fire

edit on 26-11-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Still not as dangerous as being a coal miner, I don't thin k. I also don't think it's as dangerous as crab fishing(Deadliest Catch). But it looks pretty dangerous though!! Be safe

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Poor or failing infrastructure, workers not paying attention, workers not trained properly, carelessness, sloppy procedures, poor maintenance, etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

You've got my attention. What do you think is causing this? I, too, am concerned about collapsing infrastructure. Particularly recently built (since the late 1990's) or recently renovated. Involving planes, trains & automobiles. And also bridges, roads & buildings. Including retaining walls and other erosion fighting structures. Interested in your thought here.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I always thought that being a suicidebomber was the most dangerous job no matter if you suck being one or you are the best of the best.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

luxordelphi

You've got my attention. What do you think is causing this? I, too, am concerned about collapsing infrastructure. Particularly recently built (since the late 1990's) or recently renovated. Involving planes, trains & automobiles. And also bridges, roads & buildings. Including retaining walls and other erosion fighting structures. Interested in your thought here.

This site is where I track all the unexplained explosions and fires among other strange activities. If you read my threads about dangerous gases in my signature, you'll see where I stand. I wholeheartedly believe that this guy on the site linked below has stumbled on to something.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

'Waves'. Hi there,Chemical plant worker here. And yes we have things that go boom. Its mainly about the company adhering to safety standards.If they don't then the workers need to refuse to do the job as its set up.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I grew up in stinkadena and my kissing cousins were in Texas city. Explosions were a fact of life growing up. Lots of lives lost. It was also scary because clouds of deadly smoke and gas would often drift from the explosions.

Would not want to be a coal miner though, black lung, nope. Lol

I don't think crab fishing rates top. Yea it is dangerous but watched all these years not much happened, how many miners died in that time.

The Bot

new topics

top topics

join