It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Howdy folks,

Basically my query deals with how aliens (if they exist) allow us to see them. For those of you who remember Whitley Streibers "Communion" the rascally aliens appeared to streiber in a number of different guises.

This was also touched upon in the recent mini-series "Taken" where one of the abductees saw the aliens (at first) as a giant squirrel from one of his children's books.

The stories I've heard recently have to do with people having alien themed dreams (again this could be a dream or as some people think a screen memory) where the aliens appeared as birds. Some are recent accounts some are memories of odd dreams that stuck with the person, one was a dream the person (now in their twenties) had as a child.

The types of birds have ranged from Crows/Ravens to Hawks and even pigeons.

I have to admit this is something I haven't heard of before has anyone else heard of these dream/memories where the aliens at first appear as birds.

I apologize that I cannot supply links but again these are just first and second hand accounts and so that's all I have to go on.

WOuld be interested in hearing what anyone has to say on this.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The so called holy spirit as a dove would be a very prevalent one. Many ppl see that and expect it to be a divine thing yet it's all bogus.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your input orfeo but these people are talking specifically about alien/bird dream type memories.

I've been finding alot of bird and shape shifting symbolism in native american mythology but almost nothing in the UFO mythology.

It's very frustrating.

thanks again for your input though I don't agree it's all bogus, I believe people can have visions or see things, what they actually are may be different than what we think but their personal meaning can still be valid.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I have to admit this is something I haven't heard of before has anyone else heard of these dream/memories where the aliens at first appear as birds.

Streiber isn't the only one to report this kind of thing. It's actually fairly prevalent in the mythos of abductions. I'd recommend a Bud Hopkins case study book (name's escaping me right now) to see more examples of this... If I get time, I'll try and find some links for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Loads of these about. Most bogus, often see a bird out the window whilst watching an E.T film, fall asleep andbegin to dream.

Thats my opinion anyway, maybe there are real cases.

Taken was great!

Shorty

Jimmy

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks Gazrok I'll look into the hopkins stuff, read a lot of hopkins in the early nineties so maybe it's in one of the books i have.

And shorty I agree that some are bogus but these people are not really believers in the paranormal and don't watch sci-fi channel or are really into science fiction at all, which is why I found this intriguing.

I've already asked them relevent questions like what were yoiu watching before you went to bed and quesitions along those lines what i am left with are people having some really interesting dream/vision/memory type experiences.

Which is why I'm so darned stymied.

Anyhoo thanks and I'll keep the interested in formed on what if anything transpires with these folks.

SPiderj

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
hmm interesting .
Back in the summer I had this creepy dream of a large Owl/wolf hybrid on my balconey staring at me . It must have been about 4 or 5 feet tall long mammalian hairs inter-place with feathers . Big freeking Owl eyes (yellow) . In retrospect the thing was pretty cool looking .

[edit on C:Thuocu11e11 by Opus]

[edit on C:Friocu11e11 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
interesting opus, that is another thing all these dreams have in common (probably should have mentioned this) that in all the dreams they were in their current abode, home, condo apartment etc.

I don't remember when I had a dream where I was dreaming I was in my house, so the two common threads I guess would be that:

1) all dreams dealt with aliens or what have you appearing as some form of bird type animal at first.

2) the dream landscape was the persons current home.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I remember the balcony rails seemed to tower over me. I saw a bird in the sky circle then fly out of view. Then quite suddenly the still was broken by a deathening rustle of wings beating as an immense bird began to land on the rail. The rail shock and rung out talons grabing for footing and its weight settled. It stared at me in a both threatening and inquisitive look. I never really felt like my life was in danger, I did feel scared though. I could hear its power talons scraping paint and digging into the metal railing as the long moments past. Then It began to advance toward me. Keeping its eyes focused on me as it moved awkwardly on the small railing compared to its large power talons. The only time it took its gaze off of me was when it almost slipped; swiftly regaining its footing it returned its head to my direction, took another moment or two to enquire me, then took off. (The sky was grey and the air was cold.)

I love this dream, the mind can be quite the play ground, but I'm not going to jump in and say it was projected into my consciousness. However I�m always willing to consider other possibilities . But to keep rationality I must assume a simple explanation.

[edit on C:Friocu11e11 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I believe what you're talking about SpiderJ, are screen memories. It's not so much thought projection as the creation of false memories. According to the researchers the aliens implant these memories into abductees afterwards. The images of the aliens are usually replaced by memories of animals, many times with large eyes, staring at them through a window or something like that.

I've heard of people having memories of a deer, owl, raccoon, etc. doing something they couldn't possibly do. Later they find out that these are false memories. I can say that I've never heard of the aliens appearing as birds though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they often levitate or float....

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I believe what you're talking about SpiderJ, are screen memories.

That's a possible explanation Flinx, but like you it's the bird thing that stymied me I've never heard of this but I like your levitation theory.

Opus that is an interesting dream it turns real creepy if you go outside the next morning and find new scratch marks on your railing.

Screen memories I'm used to, birds then turning into aliens in a dream/memory is a new one for me.

Thanks for all your input.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Tom Cowan in his book "Fire in the Head" speaks of the Celtic medicine people of very long ago, who would wear a headress and cape made of feathers as they prepared for flight into the spirit realm. So people associating birds and bird experiences with that of taking flight from this world during an abduction by ET's would fall into step with that. This would be true whether the trip is physical, mental, or spiritual.
The first experience that I can consciously remember began with what appeared to be a giant owl standing in the road in front of our house. It was just standing there, staring at us, and even though it appeared to be about 3 feet tall, that never struck me as odd until I became an adult. I have read many other accounts where people have seen or heard an owl in connection with their visitation/abduction experiences. Rabbits have also played a part for me, and I have read accounts of others who have said the same thing. I think that is interesing because rabbit as a totem often represents one who needs to work through fear.

top topics

join