It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into Guitar? Then Download This FREE New Album From Buckethead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For the uninitiated, he is an amazingly talented, multi-genre, and prolific musician known as Buckethead. He spent some time in Guns N Roses, has a song on the Guitar Hero Playstation game (Jordan> www.youtube.com...).

He doesn't speak or appear without his mask in public. He is into Judo/nunchucks (which he spins onstage), chickens, robots, and horror/gore movies. You can look him up, tons of vids on YouTube. Can't beat the price of his latest album release Twisterlend (yes that's how it's spelled), FREE, right from his website.

www.bucketheadpikes.com...

Let me know what you think!

edit on 11/26/2013 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

woot SF
love me some buckethead thx for sharing

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
WHA?!!!!

S&F to keep it rolling.

If you don't know Buckethead, and you can get it for free, you should check it out. You might hate it, but at least you'll know what's possible.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Into guitar? Then download this incredible old album from Chet Atkins.

Buckethead, eh? Can he play Hellhound on My Trail on an old Gibson acoustic just like Robert Johnson?

How about a little flamenco in the style of Paco de Lucia?

Can he do with four left-hand fingers what Django did with two?

Can he do with six notes what Jimmy Page did with just three on Achilles' Last Stand?

And hey, have you heard about this cat called Jimi Hendrix?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Inspired me to pick up the axe while I watch other people think badly.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

All awesome. My favorite guitar player at the moment is Tommy Emmanuel. Austrailian, taught by Chet Atkins and others. Chet Atkins called him the best fingerpicker he's ever known (paraphrasing).

edit on 26-11-2013 by Mon1k3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Lysergic

woot SF
love me some buckethead thx for sharing

It's YOUR fault that I listen to da Buckethaed.
thanks LYS!!

And thanks to the eggman, for the link!
edit on 26-11-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Astyanax

Buckethead, eh? Can he play Hellhound on My Trail on an old Gibson acoustic just like Robert Johnson?

Can he do with six notes what Jimmy Page did with just three on Achilles' Last Stand?

Yes to all of them. I'm a musician, been in bands most of my life, recorded in studios, lots I won't bore you with. This post is just a great grab at a freebie I wanted to share.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I just can't take seriously someone who has a KFC bucket on their head. His playing is mediocre, at best. No offense. This is coming from a guitar player from way back.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Fylgje
I just can't take seriously someone who has a KFC bucket on their head. His playing is mediocre, at best. No offense. This is coming from a guitar player from way back.

That's awesome
Do you have any recordings of yourself?
Love to hear it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Fylgje

how can you possible say he is mediocre at best?

he is a virtuoso. the guy is amazing.
if you dont like the style thats one thing but how can you not see the talent?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Astyanax

nobody can play like robert johnson did.
page and hendrix?

im thinking buckethead can play anything by page or hendrix but not the other way around.
im sure of that.

there are lots of people that can play sloppy and miss notes like hendrix did.
oh, its about emotion right.
gary moore. red house. killing hendrix on his own stuff

edit
thanks to the OP. i would have missed this. i have most of buckets stuff so this must be added.

check these out. some of my favorites

buckethead--- the candyman is back
www.youtube.com...

buckethead---smooth criminal/star wars medley
www.youtube.com...

i love him. he is definately one of my favorites. not THE favorite. i can not reveal that one.
definately top of the list. this dude can play anything.

ever listen to shawn lane?
edit on 26-11-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ever listen to jandek? most people have never heard of him.

en.wikipedia.org...

he had a sort of buckethead type mystiqe around him for a long time. nobody had ever seen him. he kept a PO box and released all his stuff to the record company through that.

another one of my fav's is allan holdsworth

en.wikipedia.org...

his stuff is out there. most of it is a jazz fusion type of deal. definately not for everyone. it is 'different' on the ear

from the article.

In his instructional video for example he mentioned that he often plays altered scales which are unusual to the average player, such as F minor major 7th with a raised 4th, also displaying an ability to recognize such complex scales in chord form with voicings up and down the neck, with each note being a member of a "family". The harmonic structure of his pieces can be highly abstruse, with frequently shifting tonal centres, and his soloing follows from a self-taught advanced modal framework derived directly from his unusually-voiced chord

----

definately not for everyone
edit on 26-11-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Next thing someone is going to try and say Buckethead ain't got shizz on Slash. LMAO

I know it hurts to see your personal heroes outdone.

m/ rock on spacedoubt

edit on 26-11-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i get that there are pretty much 2 types of players. the technically proficient, with lots of theory behind them and the more basic, raw, emotional players.
my wife and i get into it all the time. she likes the more emotional, 'gritty' type music and i tend to lead towards the more technical players. that said, i LOVE both types.

i can go from allan holdsworth to jack white.
i love all of it.

i think what throws the average listener off is that most of the players with lots of theory and technical ability tend to be grouped into the 'shredder' category and that is not some most peoples ear can handle.
there is more to it than that though.
i think a lot of people dont understand what they are hearing or what is going on.
thats not bad but they tend to think those players are not really playing anything at all. they think they are just randomly ripping up the fret board but thats not true. obviously.

i dont think everyone is fans of these players and some(most) may not agree but those technical players can play all styles. the more basic, emotional players can not.
that is not a bad thing though. not in any way. shape, or form.

music is subjective. if you like a certain piece of music then its awesome. simple as that.

just trying to say players like say paul gilbert. he can play slash's music. he can play hendrix's stuff. i dont think they can play his. at least not a good deal of it.

there is so much stuff out there though. its endless.
i try to take it all in. my wife does not understand it though. she listens to most genres but always reverts back to a certain sound. she does not understand how while we are listening i can go from the white stripes to joe pass to phish django.
i just love it all.

as much as i like the technical players, jack white is one of my favorites for the exact opposite reason. he is not technical. he does not have a ton of theory behind is playing and i love it

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

This guy can play anything. And there is a backyard video of him just sitting with friends and playing something for them. He goes from blues, to jazz to country, to metal, fingerpicking, tricks and scales, classical to traditional songs I can even comprehend all in a medley with a little amp outside and its absolutely amazing....and Ive been playing and teaching 40+ yrs.

If I find it again, Ill post the link. Shut your eyes and listen. I dare ya...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
moved
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

This is Buckethead in his backyard. Watch it.

Here you go...this one is long...all by himself... over 15 minutes...and touchs on anything youve ever heard
[yvid]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5riFwPYPIiw[/url][/yvid]

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Fylgje

This is Buckethead in his backyard. Watch it. Start it at around 1:45.

Here you go...this one is long...all by himself... over 15 minutes...and touches on anything youve ever heard
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

reply to post by Fylgje

This is Buckethead in his backyard. Watch it. Start it at around 1:45.

Here you go...this one is long...all by himself... over 15 minutes...and touches on anything youve ever heard
www.youtube.com...

Really great to see the B appreciation! He was around 20 here, and kept this persona for 24 years (still!)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join