It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Earth from space in REAL-TIME: International Space Station to be fitted with HD webcams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi guys

Thought this might be interesting
The Iss is to be fitted with HD cameras to beam live images back to earth.

Do I feel a WTH was that that just flew past moment coming on ? I hope so

We will soon be able to watch live footage of Earth from outer space thanks to HD webcams that are about to be permanently fitted to the International Space Station.

The cameras blasted off from Russia today and once installed, will beam live footage of our planet to Earth.

People will be able to access the live footage on a website and the webcams could be used to provide high resolution imagery of the planet for environmental monitoring and to help with humanitarian relief effort.

The article goes on to say

‘This will be the world’s first ever high definition, live-streaming video platform of planet Earth from the International Space Station.’

Phase 1 of the project will see two cameras facing the ground, with one having a fixed gaze and the other one featuring maneuverability to points of interest.

These should be installed on the station sometime in December 2013, and are expected to go live in 2014.

This could be interesting

Source

I wonder just what we will see ?

Cody

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Morning,

Interesting indeed.
Guess I'd better get some blurred adhesive strips for my bathroom skylight, huh?

-Peace-

edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Link

edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Altered Link

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is going to be awesome. I am sure that you are right when you say there is going to be a lot of things that fly in the screenshot of the cameras that get scrutinized.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goldenalien

There will be if ATS has anything to do with it

Cody

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Hi Eryiedes

I was just thinking of the security implications, if it's live will all the stuff you can't see on google earth suddenly be visible ?

Looking forward to this

Cody

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Certainly sounds interesting.

Just wondering how they would stop people sharing things, what with screenshots being able to be took and all.

Premium accounts for enable users paying a fee to track an area without sharing it with others

Quote above taken from your original source.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Kinda makes one wonder how much more difficult it will be to cover up all the alien space ships flying around now won't it?

Pretty cool that we will be able to watch storms and whatnot. No worries about Google Earth blocked imagery becoming suddenly available as I am certain that the HD cameras will not have Google Earth satellite quality resolution. Most like just a big huge fat hairy Earth and that is fine with me!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Truman Show and we are all stars. Woop woop.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I think the best shots are going to be of natural disasters. Hurricanes and such. I also wonder how tsunami's are going to look. Though to add I hope no one gets hurt in these natural disasters.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Won't that be fun! Wonder why they did not think of this before? I hope to be able to catch some sprites! Also who needs the weather channel now? Can just look out their window and see everyones weather as it is happening. Thanks for the info Cody.

top topics

join