It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US B52 aircraft challenge China air zone

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Japan, South Korean military planes defy China's new defence zone

Reuters) - Japanese and South Korean military aircraft flew through disputed air space over the East China Sea without informing China, officials said on Thursday, challenging a new Chinese air defence zone that has increased regional tensions and sparked concerns of an unintended clash.

Reuters Link

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words....

Doesn't make China look so bad now, does it.
edit on 28-11-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

So you're fine with China doing anything they want and stealing territory. All because it's for "self defense".

What part of, the Senkaku Islands are Japanese territory is so hard to understand? I guess that means you'd be fine with Russia setting up an ADIZ over Alaska? Just for "self defense".

Yes it does. The defense zone is well outside their twelve mile limit.
edit on 11/28/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

So you're fine with China doing anything they want and stealing territory. All because it's for "self defense".

What part of, the Senkaku Islands are Japanese territory is so hard to understand? I guess that means you'd be fine with Russia setting up an ADIZ over Alaska? Just for "self defense".

Can you see the blue lines ?.....Or did you miss them in your haste to demonise China.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

How does 200 miles from the Chinese mainland fall anywhere into their twelve mile limit?

Blue lines or not, please, I'm dying to hear this, in what possible way is China in the right? In what possible way is it legal for them to claim airspace over another countries territory?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

How does 200 miles from the Chinese mainland fall anywhere into their twelve mile limit?

Blue lines or not, please, I'm dying to hear this, in what possible way is China in the right? In what possible way is it legal for them to claim airspace over another countries territory?

Gosh, I am astounded by your bias. How are those blue lines representing Japans ADIZ any less than those of China, in any respect !

The map destroys any argument that's been made.....What's good for the Goose and all that.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Oh my God please tell me you're kidding. You don't see how Japan has the right to set up an ADIZ over their own territory ? Maybe you noticed that both the Senkaku Islands and Okinawa are both near that ADIZ. Who do they both belong to? Last time I looked it was Japan. Notice how the Senkaku Islands are directly under that ADIZ? So, please, add this to the explanations, how is Japan NOT allowed to set up an ADIZ over their territory, but China is?

And you accuse ME of bias?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
China are now sending some of their 'warplanes' according to the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

khimbar
China are now sending some of their 'warplanes' according to the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hope Japan shoot them down accidentally so we can start early.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Unless they plan on constantly rotating patrols, it's going to be hard to keep them in the area for any length of time.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

Oh my God please tell me you're kidding. You don't see how Japan has the right to set up an ADIZ over their own territory ? Maybe you noticed that both the Senkaku Islands and Okinawa are both near that ADIZ. Who do they both belong to? Last time I looked it was Japan. Notice how the Senkaku Islands are directly under that ADIZ? So, please, add this to the explanations, how is Japan NOT allowed to set up an ADIZ over their territory, but China is?

And you accuse ME of bias?

Well you put it that China was wrong to impose this AZID outside its twelve mile limit...

Yet fail to see that Japans AZID is Waaaaay outside of its twelve mile limit too. !!!

Sorry, but to me you have shown yourself to be incapable of looking at this in an unbiased way, and therefore I have no wish to engage with you anymore.

And I'm sick of having to type replies two or three times because the site is playing up

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

What part of "the Senkaku Islands are Japanese territory" is not getting through to you? Japan is NOT outside their 12 mile limit, because the Senkaku Islands belong to them. They have every right to set up an ADIZ over them, because they are their islands! It's not that hard to understand here. They set up an ADIZ over Japanese territory. They didn't set it up in the middle of nowhere, or over another countries territory like China did.

I suggest you take a much closer look at your map, because you're right, a picture is worth a thousand words. Notice the little box in the bottom left corner of the Japanese ADIZ that says "Senkaku/Daiyou Islands"? That's Japanese territory, so please, keep insisting that Japan is in the wrong.

I love how I'M the biased one here, because I say that Japan has the right to put up an ADIZ over their own territory, and China is wrong here. You really don't see it do you.

ETA: just hit refresh when it times out. It'll ask if you want to resubmit the data, and the reply will post, you don't have to retype it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

That is just ATS's nonsense detector at work.
~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

What part of "the Senkaku Islands are Japanese territory" is not getting through to you? Japan is NOT outside their 12 mile limit, because the Senkaku Islands belong to them. They have every right to set up an ADIZ over them, because they are their islands! It's not that hard to understand here. They set up an ADIZ over Japanese territory. They didn't set it up in the middle of nowhere, or over another countries territory like China did.

ETA: just hit refresh when it times out. It'll ask if you want to resubmit the data, and the reply will post, you don't have to retype it.

Ok, Forget the Senkaku islands, look at the part of the map where the blue line (Japans ADIZ) cuts through the text saying East China Sea....Are you saying that is within Japans twelve mile limit ?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

GargIndia
Going to war to erase the debt is very dangerous.

I agree.

What if you lost? or it was an stalemate?

Losing isn't an option.

USA is doing it right (printing money). But so far the added money has not been able to re-industrialize USA (which is needed badly). The added money in going towards consumption and straight to China.

Printing money is causing inflation though. China has gotten away with unfair trade policy. They use slave labor to deepen their pockets. We have made them what they are, and they have forgotten that.

We saved their ass from Japan, and they have forgotten that as well. China is ungrateful, and eventually when we have finally had enough, they will pay for it.

This is why I have argued on ATS that there are structural problems with USA economy. The economy has reached a saturation point.

I agree. Also, You guys should prepare yourselves for when they start bullying you.
~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

It is based on the Senkaku Islands, yes. You can't forget them, because they change everything. That ADIZ is based on the Senkaku islands, and the EEZ around them.

China and Japan have an overlapping EEZ in that area. But, you can't set up an ADIZ over land owned by another country. Japan can set one up there because that falls in their territory, and there could be dozens of atolls and places that barely qualify as islands in the area that are Japanese territory.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

It is based on the Senkaku Islands, yes. You can't forget them, because they change everything. That ADIZ is based on the Senkaku islands, and the EEZ around them.

China and Japan have an overlapping EEZ in that area. But, you can't set up an ADIZ over land owned by another country. Japan can set one up there because that falls in their territory, and there could be dozens of atolls and places that barely qualify as islands in the area that are Japanese territory.

So you was shown to be wrong about the twelve mile limit, but instead of admitting it, you change course to try and give your argument a bit more validity.

China are not doing anything that Japan hasn't done already....But you can't accept it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

It has nothing to do with changing course. You are trying to ignore the Senkaku Islands, and you can't. The Japanese ADIZ is based on the Senkaku Islands. That's like saying the US can't set up an ADIZ over Hawaii, even though it belongs to the US.

You're trying to argue that because the US and Russia share an EEZ near Alaska, then Russia can set up an ADIZ over the US, and vice versa. It doesn't work that way. You can apologize for China all you want, but it's against international law to set up an ADIZ over territory that doesn't belong to you. That's exactly what China did.

The 12 mile limit isn't just around Japan, it's around any territory that Japan owns, which means that it's around the Senkaku Islands as well. Japan is not in the wrong, no matter how badly you want to lambaste them and make them out to be bad guys here.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

ken10

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

So you was shown to be wrong about the twelve mile limit, but instead of admitting it, you change course to try and give your argument a bit more validity.

China are not doing anything that Japan hasn't done already....But you can't accept it.

Im not understanding are you saying there isnt a 12 mile territorial sea ? For those States, the territorial sea is a 12-mile zone extending from a line drawn joining the outermost points of the outermost islands of the group that are in close proximity to each other. The waters between the islands are declared archipelagic waters, where ships of all States enjoy the right of innocent passage. In those waters, States may establish sea lanes and air routes where all ships and aircraft enjoy the right of expeditious and unobstructed passage.Every nation in the UN agreed to this and indeed is in effect in fact can be up to 24 nautical miles from their shores, for the purpose of preventing certain violations and enforcing police powers. This area, known as the "contiguous zone", may be used by a coast guard or its naval equivalent to pursue and, if necessary, arrest and detain suspected drug smugglers, illegal immigrants and customs or tax evaders violating the laws of the coastal State within its territory or the territorial sea.r

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The alignment is happening now - Sunni Muslims with China. China makes the weapons that Sunnis use for war on the West. China's job is to keep the factories and sea lanes open.

Russia is aligning with Shia Muslims for its own protection.

India and Japan will have to eventually come together for their own protection.

China is waiting until all other States become weak enough, and will strike when everybody else is exhausted. This is the game plan.

USA has made a great mistake of supporting the brotherhood in Egypt. The Saudis pounced on this, as an opportunity opened for them.

The 'democracy' card can do only so much.
edit on 28-11-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join