It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reincarnation and time travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought about this? Say time travel was possible. And say you go to the past. Would you be able to meet yourself from a previous life? And also, if you were to go to the future, would you be able to meet your future incarnated self?

Its just something I thought about that no one else has brought up.

What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

What makes you so sure reincarnation is linear if it exists? If I were to die today, I can't be reincarnated 4,000 years ago? Why not?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Maybe if the many worlds theory is true and you can reincarnate in a past world that's taking place now.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Of course but you wouldn't know it was you because you are a rock now.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
IF reincarnation were real, and the soul could time travel at will...

Why would soul A have to relive a previous life for the sake of soul B?

Because, if soul B died in 2013, and wanted to travel back-in-time 4,000 years to live in China--the souls that inhabited those bodies at that time in China would have to relive the same existence for soul B.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Why have time travel if there is re-incarnation? Do You want to be 'You" for EVER? How boring... Next time You go to the store, pretend You are another "Self" .. Are You Your avatar? Why not? seeing You'd want to "go back" or "go forward" what are the "woes" for the 'Now'? A bunch of questions asked back at Ya'. Ever see the motion picture Napolean Dynamite? When "Uncle Rico" wants to go back to 1982 so the coach could put Him in the game, for Rico's fantasy to come "true" wouldn't each and every "other Self" also have to 'go back'?

Do You ask this question because You don't remember? Would You like to "see" who You were before? Are You familiar w/the "Akashic Records"? ("What was..What is.. What will be...")

You are "Here Now" why not be 'present' to where You are, because that is where it's at.. There is a "reason" that You are here on Mother Earth at this present "time" (time isn't what You think it is, actually, nothing is...) Instead of trying to hit "forward" or worse yet, "reverse", why not try and answer why You are here, NOW.

Either way, have a nice trip!
namaste

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I see no reason why not. Neale Donald Walsch speaks of soul groups, where several people share the same soul even between different time periods. I often think to myself that I would like to try out the European Middle Ages. Imagine if I ended up being some kind of rebel and got executed by one of my past selves, an executioner. Before succumbing to death, I'll look into his eyes, maybe see a little of me. (Just an example. I don't think I was actually an executioner.)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think it's okay to assume that you can only have one point of view in life. That's the world you see out of your own eyeballs. If you go forward into the future or backwards into the past, you can't encounter different versions of yourself because you'll always be stuck viewing and observing existence from your single perspective. Those will be different people with different experiences, and not you.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Midnight13
Has anyone ever thought about this? Say time travel was possible. And say you go to the past. Would you be able to meet yourself from a previous life? And also, if you were to go to the future, would you be able to meet your future incarnated self?

What do you guys think?

Were you smoking something when you came up with this? That's the only time I come up with stuff this mind-blowing. It would be very interesting to see yourself as an old lady, unless you are an old lady now, then it would be interesting to see yourself as a boy.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

jheated5

What makes you so sure reincarnation is linear if it exists? If I were to die today, I can't be reincarnated 4,000 years ago? Why not?

Actually I personally believe this is exactly how reincarnation works, you may die in one life in (random year) 1985 and be born again in 47388.

Of course all we can do is speculate, as most people don't have any memory from their past lives, as clearing the slate is important for learning the lessons of each life.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Midnight13
And say you go to the past. Would you be able to meet yourself from a previous life? And also, if you were to go to the future, would you be able to meet your future incarnated self?

Once a spirit than can incarnate dies, it will have access again to all its past memories.

So there is no need to time travel when the memory is already there locked away in your mind.

Aleister Crowley worked with people who had memories of their past lives. The project was called the Monarch Project and its task was to create Moonchildren (slaves).

The actual rituals carried out to create a Moonchild are described in detail in three of Crowley’s writings. A vague description of the rituals can be seen by reading the book Moonchild. The ritual took place at a villa nicknamed The Butterfly Net.

mercury.spaceports.com...

One of the primary reasons that the Monarch mind-control programming was named Monarch programming was because of the Monarch butterfly. The Monarch butterfly learns where it was born (its roots) and it passes this knowledge via genetics on to its offspring (from generation to generation). This was one of the key animals that tipped scientists off, that knowledge can be passed genetically.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Midnight13

The biggest problem I see here is the assumption that "self" is a constant. People often assume that it is "me" who "gets reincarnated." But the reincarnation literature, at least a lot of it, would suggest that "me/you" is a distinct individual personality and that any future or past "me/you" is distinct as well, though they may be related to you via an "oversoul" that has generated both and accounts for any leakage of memories between personalities.

Assuming reincarnation is true for the sake of argument, if you take this point of view, there would be nothing preventing such a meeting which would not be all that unusual. In fact, this theme is used in the novel One Great Year where the protagonist has taken a "serum" that wipes away the "veil of forgetfulness" that you may have heard about so that he remembers all lives at once thus realizing he has a common goal in all of them. His "project," so to speak, is too long for one life, therefore it takes several.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

schuyler

Midnight13

The biggest problem I see here is the assumption that "self" is a constant. People often assume that it is "me" who "gets reincarnated." But the reincarnation literature, at least a lot of it, would suggest that "me/you" is a distinct individual personality and that any future or past "me/you" is distinct as well, though they may be related to you via an "oversoul" that has generated both and accounts for any leakage of memories between personalities.

The fact of the matter is, "self" is experience. You are who you are because of the things you have experienced. When you reincarnate, your slate is wiped clean, and your experience starts over with different conditions.

That isn't to say necessarily that the experiences are gone forever though. Maybe that is why we have "gut" instincts, because of past-life meta-data we aren't consciously aware of, but still retain.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Vortiki
The fact of the matter is, "self" is experience. You are who you are because of the things you have experienced. When you reincarnate, your slate is wiped clean, and your experience starts over with different conditions.

Not "fact," but speculation. When someone claims to know "facts" about these sorts of issues, that is a sure indication that he is jumping to conclusions. Even people who experience NDEs and come back to share what they have seen are interpreting their experiences in light of their own beliefs, which explains their wide variation. But to claim what they have seen as "fact" is really jumping ahead of the game.

To claim that "self" is simply a matter of experience, i.e.: a result of nurture, is a very limiting perspective that refuses quite a lot of detail. Child prodigies come to mind, just as a quick example. Just where in his "experience" does a four year old learn to play a complete Mozart concerto? That sort of thing cannot be explained by experience. There's more to it than that. It is unlikely your slate is "wiped clean."

I'm not one to claim I know how all this works. Much is a mystery I do not understand, but I don't think anyone else does either.

edit on 11/26/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Fylgje

Midnight13

What do you guys think?

Were you smoking something when you came up with this? That's the only time I come up with stuff this mind-blowing. It would be very interesting to see yourself as an old lady, unless you are an old lady now, then it would be interesting to see yourself as a boy.

Haha! No. I'm just a deep thinker

I'm a 24 year old girl, and yeah it would be interesting AND depressing to see myself aged.

I believe there's multiverses. So with multiverses, there will be every timeline going on at this moment. But if there are multiple mes in multiple timelines...then I also have multiple souls....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Blue Shift

BlueShift
I think it's okay to assume that you can only have one point of view in life. That's the world you see out of your own eyeballs. If you go forward into the future or backwards into the past, you can't encounter different versions of yourself because you'll always be stuck viewing and observing existence from your single perspective. Those will be different people with different experiences, and not you.

Nope; as a soul group you 'individualized' ARE NOW aware as THE SINGULAR BEING experiencing this timeframe. Your other selves were the protagonist originally of/as you as a group and have unique 360 degree perspectives of time passage and the occurances within those frames of time (Greco-Roman) the 1600s in Jamestown ect, you chose tos experiences. Everytime you incarnate adds to your particular "soul group" experience. That would mean if you have had 200 prior lives you are the next added incarnation of THAT SINGULAR SOUL. Its called by Dantes terms 'the progression of the soul'. Those different people with different time frame experiences AN ALL ARE YOU experiencing YOURSELF; and everytime you do it adds to your souls progression (sorry for any repetition). These past soul lives you lived would be called 'your higher selves' or guardian angels.
edit on 26-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

TI believe there's multiverses. So with multiverses, there will be every timeline going on at this moment. But if there are multiple mes in multiple timelines...then I also have multiple souls....

Maybe not multiple souls, but a soul that can handle multiple lives simultaneously. I mean come on--we all already love to multitask in just this life.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The realm of possibility is vast, and this idea falls within that vast realm.

One possibility is the One Mind Theory that God created the universe just for me, and all of us on the earth are just different manifestations of one mind.

Here is a short story that includes this idea... it describes the universe as an egg for this one mind and goes through reincarnation and time travel. Should only take 2 or 3 minutes to read.

Short Story: The Egg

This doesn't prove anything as the theory is just speculation, but it's interesting to think about.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
From my studies in sacred geometry, and being mentored by an ex Montauk Boy... (so he says..)

Time is simultaneous - the past, present and future have already occurred in the eternal now....

What causes me to be in 2013, is my spirits/souls conscious focus on this lifestream, this is where the focus is on... and so are you all if you're reading this obviously.

Now again this is conjecture and passed down info, proving such things is a lot harder, but great to think about IMO...

The Montauk Boy told me when he travelled to the future at the project, he experienced many different forms of 'realities'. One was quite star trek like, others were tyranny and blatant dictatorship.

I asked him why there were huge differences between the different versions? he said "The future is not set in stone, decisions made now ultimately affected where I went." He went on describing they were 'possible' futures.

Oh yeah, he said that the LHC is a way for the elite to merge alternate realities to this one where they are already in power.... apparently

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Love "The Egg".... yes its an awesome read!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join