It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how I know the US has gone to total S***

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

JDmOKI
reply to post by jhn7537

This is how you know the USA is going to ####? I'm sorry but I was hoping for something much more interesting than a massively popular show losings its best character.

How bout the fact that the coming generation is egotistical, materialistic, and brainwashed?

Television ie family guy is the main reason people are brainwashed...
S&F

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Actually, I read that he was a huge Soprano fan, and wanted to give someone from the show a character on his, which is exactly what he did with the new dog.

I really don't think that this petition is going to go anywhere. People will be upset, and just like Brian in the show, it will be quickly be replaced with something or someone else.

He doesn't have to kill one of the main characters who has always been on the show because he wanted to add a new one.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Im sorry, but this is dumb. You are that which you complain about, here talking about Brian dying.

People have things that entertain them. Family Guy, obviously, does that for many people.

I mean, this? This is what tells you your nation has gone to #? It wasn't the cops and doctors raping people in the name of justice down in New Mexico? Or our extraordinary rendition policies? Or Obamacare? I mean, the list can go on and on. But Family Guy is what you choose to make a stand over?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see how many signatures a petition asking for the resurrection of Brian would get compared to a petition to repeal the NDAA or one to end the Federal Reserve.
edit on 26-11-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by jhn7537

Im sorry, but this is dumb. You are that which you complain about, here talking about Brian dying.

People have things that entertain them. Family Guy, obviously, does that for many people.

I mean, this? This is what tells you your nation has gone to #? It wasn't the cops and doctors raping people in the name of justice down in New Mexico? Or our extraordinary rendition policies? Or Obamacare? I mean, the list can go on and on. But Family Guy is what you choose to make a stand over?

Yes, this is one (of many) reasons why I feel we've gone to sh*t.... With all the reasons you listed about Obamacare, doctors, cops, etc. I find it odd and disappointing that people go out of their way to petition a cartoon to bring a character back. I think we're on the same page with BIGGER issues, but where we differ is that a few in this thread treat this as "no harm no foul" while I treat this like wasted effort and embarrassing with all the REAL issues we have today.
edit on 26-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lol... I for one am quite shocked. Not shocked enough to sign a petition but I doubt I'll ever watch Family Guy again. Just like I don't watch Two and a Half Men anymore after they killed the best character. Only going to hurt their ratings in the long run imo. Why didn't they kill off Meg, she was annoying anyway, at least Brian was cool... haha.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
Lol... I for one am quite shocked. Not shocked enough to sign a petition but I doubt I'll ever watch Family Guy again. Just like I don't watch Two and a Half Men anymore after they killed the best character. Only going to hurt their ratings in the long run imo. Why didn't they kill off Meg, she was annoying anyway, at least Brian was cool... haha.

Probably because it's so funny hearing "shut up Meg" every episode....lol

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

jhn7537

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes, this is one (of many) reasons why I feel we've gone to sh*t.... With all the reasons you listed about Obamacare, doctors, cops, etc. I find it odd and disappointing that people go out of their way to petition a cartoon to bring a character back. I think we're on the same page with BIGGER issues, but where we differ is that a few in this thread treat this as "no harm no foul" while I treat this like wasted effort and embarrassing with all the REAL issues we have today.

"Real issues" is objective. YOu find no value in the entertainment from this show. I don't either. Others do.

The "wasted effort" is clicking and typing for all of 5 minutes during their day. To be honest, before I read your post, i didn't even know about it. Now I am wasting effort discussing it. LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I actually do find entertainment from the show, I'm actually a huge fan and have been a fan since the show started many years ago. I just won't lose sleep over a cartoon dog dying on this show, nor would I petition to bring him back...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm going to sign a petition that says people shouldn't sign petitions over a stupid family guy cartoon dog!

This way I am attacking the important issues at hand and not wasting one iota of effort on something meaningless...

Right?....

Right??

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

3OGRE3
I'm going to sign a petition that says people shouldn't sign petitions over a stupid family guy cartoon dog!

This way I am attacking the important issues at hand and not wasting one iota of effort on something meaningless...

Right?....

Right??

Great plan!! Please let me know when you have the petition created... Your effort here means a lot!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

jhn7537

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by jhn7537

This is where I see the redundancy in your attempt to persuade us that your opinion is the 'correct' one. And before you say anything to the tune of "I was never trying to persuade anyone of anything" I'm going to stop you dead in your tracks there. You are trying to convince us. And that's where this whole 'wasted effort' philosophy of yours breaks apart. At a furious rate. You are complaining that these people are wasting their effort when they could be doing something meaningful... yet all you need to do to see almost a whole days worth of effort gone to waste is to look at yourself. You're sitting here, trying to convince me that it is those 35000 people who are wasting their precious time when they ought to be forming militias, and otherwise provoking meaningful action towards a corrupted state, while you're complaining about people complaining about an imaginary dog that died on a TV show. Those 35000 people took all of about 5 minutes to fill out a survey. You've been arguing your viewpoint for at least a few hours. So, shall we talk about wasting effort on meaningless issues some more? I'm sure it would be very meaningful and productive and it will bring the world back to the Utopia it once was in a jiffy.

P.S. Not trying to be antagonizing.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

Isn't this the point of ATS??? Bring up a topic, then discuss it (both sides)? Wasted effort is creating a petition to bring back a dead cartoon dog. I'm having a legitimate discussion with members of a community I've been a part of for sometime now. With these discussions I enhance my overall understanding of a multitude of topics. In a way, you can say ATS is educating... I'm not sure how bringing back a dead cartoon dog is any of that... So I must disagree with you. This isn't wasted effort for me, ATS is a community where I educate and am educated by others, and I'm sure many others would feel the same way there. Watching Family Guy or petitioning for a dead cartoon dog to come back is neither.

We can agree to disagree, I'm not here to convince you, I'm just sharing one mans viewpoint on a topic. You consider it no big deal, while I find it a little more telling to how the American people are being conditioned to care about a dead cartoon dog...
edit on 27-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 3OGRE3

This post made me laugh.

All I can think is "Exactly!".

Online petitions take less than 5 minutes yet look at the copious amount of time this OP has spent on this topic. Hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Petition is now up to 93k+ signers...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by 3OGRE3

This post made me laugh.

All I can think is "Exactly!".

Online petitions take less than 5 minutes yet look at the copious amount of time this OP has spent on this topic. Hypocritical.

Well, I guess no member should ever share an opinion or create a thread on a topic they deem to be a "waste of time" because it's apparent that members of ATS will come onto your thread and write "well, isn't this a waste of time writing how those people are wasting their time".....sigh

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by 3OGRE3

while I find it a little more telling to how the American people are being conditioned to care about a dead cartoon dog...
edit on 27-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I agree with your viewpoint about this being a place for discussion. But you surely must see the irony in your thread.

That aside, I don't think the people are being conditioned to care about a dead cartoon dog. People have attachments. They petition the networks all the time. This isn't the first, or last, that we will see this. If it disappoints you, prepare to be disappointed ad nauseum in the future.

The only things I watch on TV are Modern Family and football.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

adjensen

Show thread with listening information

Uh oh... Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, lol.... Am I about to be ripped by the whole ATS community via radio???

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You'll have to tune in to find out

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join