It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky's On Building 7 During College Lecture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wanted to post this in the 9/11 forum but I have a lowly ATS score of 6.

During a lecture earlier this month at the University of Florida, MIT professor Noam Chomsky was asked a question by 9/11 truth activist Bob Tuskin regarding an alleged media ‘cover-up’ of evidence regarding the collapse of Building 7.

I'm not really a fan of Noam but he makes lots of sense here. I'm pretty open minded to a lot of things which is why I enjoy this site regularly. However, with 9/11, I just can't get with the truther movement. I enjoy reading all of the conspiracy theories and the debates here on ATS, but for me, I just don't think are government would be competent enough to pull something like that off.

No matter which side of the fence your on, the video is worth a watch. (I did a search and turned up nothing. However, I would not be surprised to find this was already posted. If so, apologies.)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Every step that Chomsky claims should be taken, has been. Including alerting the scientific community.

But it aint that simple.
edit on 2013-11-26T10:06:25-06:00201311bam3011am2530 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You don't think our government could pull off something like 9/11? Google "Operation Northwoods." Google "Operation Vigilant Guardian on 9/11." Google "Nano-thermite 9/11." The American people have given the government and military-industrial complex trillions of dollars. You really think they're just a bunch of incompetent politicians? If an entity did secretly carry out an atrocity, that's what they would want you to think about them.
edit on 26-11-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is the evidence of government incompitence that you must holding anything to do with massive amounts of missing money, absence of weapons of mass distruction, and health care reform? Those are designed to be large scale distractions and/ or outright theft.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

I'll google those. I just don't think they could pull something off of that scale without there being dozens if not hundreds of people speaking out and leaking information. Like I said, I'm interested in hearing all opinions on the topic. For me, I just think it would be to massive of an operation to keep something like that covered up. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess time will tell.

I'm in no way wanting to get involved in a truther argument. I just wanted to get reactions to Chomsky's comments from either side of the subject.

Like your handle by the way. Currently listening to Cuban Linx as I type this.
edit on 26-11-2013 by jtrenthacker because: words are hard

edit on 26-11-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm really not sure what the point was for posting this. I got the impression that Noam hasn't done much in the way of research...and it's just his opinion.

As another poster has mentioned the scientific community has been alerted, scientific papers have been written in peer reviewed journals (Steven Jones) and a great many lectures and presentations have been made worldwide....and all to the sound of deafening silence. I respect Mr. Chomsky, but in this case he's out of his depth. His assertion that joining the 9/11 is "easy" is stupidly simplistic. Careers can easily be destroyed...and have.

There are valid questions regarding building 7 and the complete lack of any kind of real investigation keeps these questions alive.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have always liked Chomsky but ,there may be something to the assertion that he is a gate keeper .He seems to hold fast to not saying much in the way that deflects from the 911 report but has added much to the political side of things ..I am a fence sitter on him but do glean much from his talks....just not on 911
edit on 26-11-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Gatekeeper? As in he knows more than he is willing to let on? Care to expand on this? Interesting. (No sarcasm, I'm really interested.)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am not sure I can adequately answer the gate keeper charge ...I have only been on the web for like 6 years and do my fair share of reading but do come across the charge towards him. If you look at it in a time frame he has been one of the last of academics to be even drawn into the conversation of 911 . Not that he hasn't talked about it but he seems to avoid the conspiracy side of it . He does draw a good line towards the administrational policy side of things but only schiffs the surface to what might really be going on behind the scene . Not saying he is on the side of the game players but is very discreet to keep hid what seems to be going on ....Just my opinion ...peace

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Sorry, the video did not work for me.

I have always wondered about this guy. His claim to fame is as a linguist. If he has opinions on that, I will listen but 9/11?

I have no clue if there are dastardly deeds afoot with regards to 9/11. However, I disagree on the scale required to nudge those events. It would not take 100's or 1000's as some claim. A few small teams or even single individuals would be very effective.

It's kinda' like the Kennedy assassination. Again, I was not there so I do not know but all anybody focuses on is the actual shooting. That was one event in a tapestry of events. None of which require a horde of villains to affect unnoticed course adjustments.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

deadcalm
scientific papers have been written in peer reviewed journals (Steven Jones)

Care to link us to a paper by Jones in a peer reviewed joural?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

"In August 2008, Jones, along with Kevin Ryan and James Gourley, published a peer-reviewed article in The Environmentalist, titled, 'Environmental anomalies at the World Trade Center: Evidence for energetic materials'.[38]

"In April 2009, Jones, along with Niels H. Harrit and 7 other authors published a paper in The Open Chemical Physics Journal, titled, 'Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe'.[39] The editor of the journal, Professor Marie-Paule Pileni, an expert in explosives and nano-technology,[40][41] resigned. She received an e-mail from the Danish science journal Videnskab asking for her professional assessment of the article's content."[42][43]

SOURCE: Wikipedia

The information above can be found on Steven Jones wiki page. Links to the peer review journals in the footnotes....Happy reading!!
edit on 26-11-2013 by deadcalm because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm a reader of Mr Chomsky but this is absurd. Again as stated on many posts, it wasn't our government. It was elements within the military, executive and commercial sector assisting Saudi Arabia and the Israeli Mossad.

You really needn't look any further then acknowledging there were "exercise drills" supposedly emulating what actually took place. False flag all the way.

Quo Bono? Certainly not them Muslims getting carpet bombed for a decade plus. But whatever.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Chomsky is a decent guy but on this topic he is clearly wrong
He still believes in Santa Claus and the American way
His intellectual logician mind can’t fathom what many people see as clear
I bet he believes Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin of Kennedy

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Besides if those #ers can build top secret UFO's since the 40's and 50's I'm sure they can do whatever the hell they please.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The biggest problem for truthers is the use of 'buzzwords' or phrases that to them, are evidence, when in reality they are nothing at all.

Another good example is "exercise drills" that were planned for that day, and to them, seem like rock solid proof-however, when ask about the "exercise drills" they know absolutely nothing about the real event. All they know is it means is complicity in a massive Bush conspiracy for world domination.

The National Reconnaissance Office is a top secret facility that houses all the controls and maintains the CIA's spy satellites. How many are they? that is anyone's guess although most think it's 10 or so.

Around 30 times a year they have exercises to simulate various dangers to the facility. The particular exercise that day was a simulation that a military plane, about the size of a C-130 would miss the runway at Dulles airport-4 miles away-bank sharply then accidentally fly into the complex. The director of the simulation team John Fulton, and a team drawn from the CIA and unknown others from our allies began the preliminary sequences but stopped them once the FFA grounded all air travel.

What truthers don't understand that this was nothing but a paper exercise and there were no planes or anything in real time-it was just a computer simulation to test efficiencies of redundant hardware.

Yet they latch on to this as some kind of massive Bush conspiracy, mainly because they are not interested in facts, or explanations of any kind-just buzzwords like "exercise drills"

The NRO is not even part of the military-they are funded by the NSA.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The new rules for the 9/11 Conspiracies Forum are painfully clear, and based on your prior efforts of contributing value to ATS.

(1) To Create New Threads:

Your WATS score (the blue W in your mini profile) must be 10 or better. And you must have been an ATS member for at least 30 days.

(2) To Reply To Existing Threads:

Your WATS score must be at least 1.0 and you must have been an ATS member for at least 48 hours.

All Members: 9/11 Conspiracies Forum Update and Information

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join