It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

mikeone718

No gay person is oppressed. You're all free.

Gay people have been beaten and killed for their sexual orientation. Being beaten and killed is definitely a type of oppression.

Perhaps you missed it or just chose to ignore it.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...

unfinishedlivesblog.com...
edit on 26-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You'll have to explain to me what you meant as I'm thoroughly confused now. If it's on something other than thread topic and this general situation you were comparing to organized crime families, what was it precisely?

You're right, my point was off topic and more suitable for another thread.
edit on 26-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

When you go to a restaurant you get a copy and a copy is there for the merchant. You write tip and sign the merchant copy. You also get a blank copy for your own records.

The video you showed doesn't prove anything. All it shows is the customer copy with a tip written in the blank spaces. There's no bank statement showing that the amount was deducted including the tip.

Also, I believe this woman donated the money she received to veterans.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

mikeone718
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Seems that you reply only for the sake of typing.
Your argument, if you remember, is that gays are oppressed.

How?

You then go to point out that since I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, I lack moral character and am a monster essentially. Isn't it my right to have an opinion? Not everyone will agree with you buddy...makes me wonder who's the oppressor.

You're quite right. It's about freedom.

However your freedoms end where another persons freedoms begin.

You are only free to do, think or say what you wish as long as you do not infringe upon the rights of others.

Once you cross that line there's a problem.

You are free to disagree with gay lifestyles all you want. However you are not free to go out of your way to do something to a gay person.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by JIMC5499

Not to be stereotypical or anything but this chick could be the poster child for stereotypical overweight butch lesbians everywhere.

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 26-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

Why is it that just before being stereotyping people often say something like, "not to be stereotypical?" It's like when people know they are about to say something racist and they preface it by saying something like, "I'm not a racist but..."

edit on 26-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

It's more of a forewarning that no ill intent is intended even though the comment is racist or stereotypical.

Kind of like Seinfeld episode where they kept saying "not that there's anything wrong with that" after talking about gay story line.

It's mostly to let people know that in the context of the discussion the speaker or author understands how the comment will fit into a stereotype and is pointing it out. Sometimes stereotypes are true, in this instance the chick looks like a butch lesbian. Guess what? She is.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
From a video that I saw, the couple did provide a copy of their bank statement to the news reporter investigating the story. It shows the tip was deducted from their account. On the other hand, the restaurant refuses to show the same reporter their bank statement showing the actual charge to the credit card company, only offering the copy of the receipt in the story.

From what I understand, the waitress immediately opened a Paypal account to accept donations. That in itself sounds a bit suspect.

Why will the restauarant not show the actual charge put through on their statement to the bank, like the couple did?

Why is the couple wanting to remain anonymous, yet, the waitress is clammoring for attention?

You do know that a waitress can re-print receipts upon demand, unlimited, for a transaction, at the register? Just saying...

I think a lot more needs to be looked at, on both sides, before making any decisions, but it is certainly not looking good for this waitress.

The couple also stated the hostess that seated them were told by said hostess they understood her to say, "Your server will be Dan.", and when Dana arrived at their table, the woman exclaimed, "Whoa! You don't look like Dan!"

I think the waitress took it wrong from the get go, and began the encounter with a chip on her shoulder.

That's just my opinion.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I know how the system works, I have eaten at a restaurant before. I also know that some machines print 2 copies by default and some could print as many merchant copies as they want. Did you even watch the video at the link I posted?? At timestamp 1:23 they show their credit card statement with everything but this transaction redacted.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.
That couple shouldn't bother with disputing this.

Sounds like you're feeling pretty oppressed?

Hate crimes will happen. Ask any minority.

How are you oppressed however?

So other people should just suffer in silence but you on the other hand should whine about your imaginary oppression? Nice job jumping to the conclusion that anyone who would stand up for gay people must be gay. It's called supporting equal civil liberties and treatment under the law for everyone.

Seems that you reply only for the sake of typing.
Your argument, if you remember, is that gays are oppressed.

How?

You then go to point out that since I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, I lack moral character and am a monster essentially. Isn't it my right to have an opinion? Not everyone will agree with you buddy...makes me wonder who's the oppressor.

What is there to "agree" with? How are gay people harming the rest of us and why would they need our approval?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

One thing that is absolute verboten these days is to note that... just because someone is gay, doesn't make them any more or less human than the rest of us. People - all of us - are capable of lying. Moreover, we've all done it at some point in our lives... it's just a matter of the depth of the wound suffered as a result.

Personally, I don't see why either party would present physical evidence (purchase receipt) that was faked because in this day and age, those things don't stand a snowball's chance in a microwave.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

I missed that part.

So this chick basically scammed everyone.

Seems it worked. 3k?

Did she ever actually donate the money or was that all B.S. to make herself sound better?

First, I'm always amazed at some of the things people will donate money to.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's strange that the Restaurant can't come up with the credit card statement in question. As a former Manager at many different places in the past, you HAD to keep those records, just in case people disputed a the bill. If you didn't have the signed copy with the accurate tip, the credit card company would take that money from the restaurant and recredit it back to the consumer. Even if there was a tip and then removed, there would be an electronic record of that.

This type of recordkeeping is Basic Restaurant Mgmt 101.

edit on 26-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yeah that's definitely curious.

If I were those people and had genuinely tipped they need to call to file a report against this chick. If she made up that receipt and then received donations that is straight up fraud.

Not to mention slander if there was anything at all on the receipt that could be linked back to the customers.

link   

How is any gay person oppressed? They're not segregated, they're not poor (lots of them are pretty wealthy here in nyc), they're not hungry - I mean really, how are they oppressed?

Seems to me like they're asking for privileges, not rights.

You seem to have a misunderstanding between rights and privileges.

Marriage is a contract between two people.

Contracts are a natural right of all people, but somehow many gays still cannot marry (enter into a contract).

That's what happens when the mob is allowed to vote on issues pertaining to natural rights. They get taken away.

We were never supposed to be allowed to vote on such issues, and for good reason. The mob cannot grant to you, nor take away, your natural rights. They do not have that de jure authority.

link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

What hesaid was true though, she looked like a classical lesbian.

Truth is the truth and people shouldnt hide from it cause its "not pc"

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

It remains to be seen, I suppose, if the money actually gets donated or not. Seems, if I recall correctly, she is an ex Marine, and the funds were to be donated to Wounded Warriors.

I have heard mixed things about them, so reserving comments about their integrity one way or the other, but I am aware they have a LOT LOT LOT of commercials on tv, and air time is NOT cheap. IMO, would that money not be better spent on wounded warriors than a commercial every 30 minutes around the clock? The advertising is most excessive, IMO.

Yes, it does appear to be a scam, with the help of her boss, but I only say that because as of now, he flat out refuses to show the statement the restaurant put through to the credit card company.

They only offer the receipt, which has been proven to be unreliable. These can be re-printed into infinity, so that receipt holds no water.

The couple, who are looking for NO media attention on the other hand, offer their bank statement, proving the tip was debited from their account.

It really is very suspicious.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

She's probably not even gay. More than likely an attention whore out to see if they can milk some money off of idiots.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

They have a copy of the receipt btw and it clearly shows they tipped. also, the waitress is accepting donations.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I have yet to hear about a gay person being told to use the straight fountains and ride on the back of the bus.

I guess Matthew Shephard doesn't count though, right?

Yes, let's bring up a drug deal gone bad! The whole matthew shepherd story was twisted to be about his being gay. This issue is a hot button one regarding Shepherd, and yet few know the actual details that have emerged.

Having said that, I want to point out that San Francisco, Manhattan and other cities like that are not the whole of the United States. Try being gay in a small town, a bible thumping area, or getting a loan with your partner for a house or a car. If you are straight and married the company puts the one with the best credit in the #1 slot which gives a better rate. If you are gay, they put the one with the lesser credit in the #1 spot and they get a higher rate. I have been told this by finance people in the car industry who know about loan financing.

How about Federal retirement and death benefits? Spouses get to receive them while gay partners are screwed. How about just dying and not having a will. If straight then the property goes to your spouse, but if gay then it goes to closest living relative who can then determine to share it with the partner who may have supported and lived together for 20+ years. I watched a woman destroyed by her partners family who cut her out and she lost EVERYTHING overnight.

So, don't tell me gays don't have real arguments about equal rights. Now, imagine our leftist God hating President were to flip these roles overnight and the straight crowd was getting screwed. I am reminded of my Lord's saying, "You hypocrites, take the beam out of your eye first before you attempt to take the speck out of your brother's eye".
edit on 26-11-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The only thing I know about the Wounded Warrior Project is that they host Tough Mudder which is a ridiculously hard but fun race. I know there were a lot of vets who attended, some disabled. I think anything that helps some of these men and women have something to help them get out and workout is a good thing especially if they have PTSD etc.

Honestly I don't know much about them other than that.

But yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens with this story. If it is fraud it's just pathetic. Makes the whole gay community look bad.

But then again there are good and bad apples in every group of people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join