It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

A New Jersey couple is reportedly disputing a story that made headlines nationwide about a gay waitress who was left a note criticizing her "lifestyle" instead of a tip, claiming their receipt shows they did leave a tip and didn't write the note.

Dayna Morales, an ex-Marine and server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, said she received the offensive note on a November 13 receipt. "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I don't agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life,” the message read.

NBCNewYork.com reports that the couple, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted the station after the story went viral and produced a receipt that was apparently printed at the same time, on the same date, for the same amount. The couple told NBC NewYork.com they believe their receipt was used for a hoax. The husband said he didn't vote for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie because the governor opposes same-sex marriage.

"Never would a message like that come from us," he said.

[See complete new coverage]
Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

To those so quick to defend the gay rights - next time think before you jump.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.
That couple shouldn't bother with disputing this.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

Well, next time someone wants to oppress your rights, I guess I won't bother standing up to defend you. I only do that for people who have a heart, like I do.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Making up stories to make people sympathetic and/or cause more hate.
Hmmm.
Where have we seen that before?

I'm really glad the couple came forward, and proved this wrong. We don't need anymore hate being spread.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Well... it seems the couple have a copy of their receipts, paid a tip, and did not write the note. However, that does not mean that the note was not written. It just means that it was not written by them.

Having had terrible things somehow added to my homework when I was a kid (a homework assignment of mine was amended by some enterprising bastard to contain several anti immigrant slurs, which luckily enough my teacher immediately understood to be the work of some prankster, mostly due to my odd, old fashioned cursive style of writing) I can see how this note could have been scrawled by someone, other than the customer whose bill was used to deliver the message.

In order to identify the writer, one must examine the message above all other things, including whose bill it was. It is the content, the style of the script used, the quality of the spelling, the grammar, and the punctuation, which will identify the scribe who penned it.

+47 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How is any gay person oppressed? They're not segregated, they're not poor (lots of them are pretty wealthy here in nyc), they're not hungry - I mean really, how are they oppressed?

Seems to me like they're asking for privileges, not rights.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

How is any gay person oppressed? They're not segregated, they're not poor (lots of them are pretty wealthy here in nyc), they're not hungry - I mean really, how are they oppressed?

Seems to me like they're asking for privileges, not rights.

Oh, it's nothing like that. See, it has more to do with being just plain unpleasant. And based on your first post in this thread, you're a very unpleasant person indeed. I don't see why anyone should have to deal with the kind of attitude you portray.

To add some context, I have gay parents. You've just insulted my family. I also have gay friends, which means you've insulted my support network as well. The people I rely on to help cope with people like you.

So it seems to me like I have a lot of reason to stay sitting the next time you feel your "lifestyle" is in danger of being hijacked. I'll just drink my coffee and finish reading the paper.

Or maybe I'll stand up and defend you to demonstrate what sort of person you ought to be. Someone who stands for equality and respect. Not judging people based on who they have sex with.
edit on 26-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

(post by damwel removed for a manners violation)
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Well, next time someone wants to oppress your rights, I guess I won't bother standing up to defend you. I only do that for people who have a heart, like I do.

No one's right's were being attacked were they?

So your theory of shoot first ask questions later is full of holes.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

chiefsmom
Making up stories to make people sympathetic and/or cause more hate.
Hmmm.
Where have we seen that before?

I'm really glad the couple came forward, and proved this wrong. We don't need anymore hate being spread.

AMEN

It seems whoever can scream the loudest and the longest receives headlines today unless you belong to a minority group (NOT RACE) than all you have to do is act hurt and start crying... the press will take it from there.

I never understood why this news article came out in the first place?

Just like the starving children in Africa and the cameraman filming the starving children all the while the spokesperson then asking for your money.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Right.

Where is the oppression however? Everyone needs to agree with you and your ideas but I'm unpleasant.

I won't let you suck me into an argument about what I believe in - get it? The fact is you people can vote, you don't get turned down at a job based on gender, color or religion, can move into any neighborhood you want to - the list can go on.

No gay person is oppressed. You're all free.
edit on 26-11-2013 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Right.

Where is the oppression however? Everyone needs to agree with you and your ideas but I'm unpleasant.

Psychological and emotional abuse doesn't qualify as oppression? Knowing someone thinks of you as trash because of who you love isn't oppression? Being treated like a leper because you don't adhere to the status quo isn't oppression? Oh, I'm sorry. I must have misunderstood. My parents told me lots of stories, but I guess they overreacted to the graffiti and the name-calling and the ostracization and the dehumanizing comments and behavior of their former friends and family.

Especially when your parents were raised in a Catholic community.
edit on 26-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As somebody who has spent a lifetime working in restaurants, I can say this about the situation. Many things happen on a daily basis when you wait tables or tend bar, you interact with some of the very best and very worst people every day and in order to do your job properly, consistently and with pride, you must keep your composure no matter what and have thick skin.

It's not a job for everyone and if you let a note on a receipt bother you so much that you break the confidence of your employer (and guest) by posting that online, I don't think that your cut out for it, at all. Two things you don't do in that line of work, bring outside problems in and bring inside problems out.

Regardless of sexual orientation, I feel that the action of posting that guest check on social media speaks to low moral character. The higher road would have been to brush it off (if it did happen at all) move on to the next table with a smile and retain her employers and guests confidentiality.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't believe that's right at all. Crap like that is what allows criminal organizations to conduct business with impunity, at unimaginable costs to families all over the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Exactly my thoughts.... how do they know it was them??

It does sound fishy....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is no oppression, in this story, if the person really received their tip.
Maybe it was another table that did this? I don't know.
Maybe the waitress just wanted attention so she made it up?

But, if she didn't receive a tip, due to her sexual orientation only, then yes, that would be oppression.

BTW, does it say how any of these customers would even know she was gay? Is that the first thing she says when walking up to the table?

For pete's sake, don't most people give tips or not, based on the services they receive? To be honest, I don't care what you look like, or your life style, as long as you are cleanly, just be good at your job, and I'll be pleasant, and you will be tipped well. Easy enough.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Helious

I don't believe that's right at all. Crap like that is what allows criminal organizations to conduct business with impunity, at unimaginable costs to families all over the world.

I'm confused, could you elaborate a bit because I'm not getting how you are tieing this story into criminal organizations conducting business.

This was supposedly done between a guest that came in and a server, the restaurant had nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Helious
As somebody who has spent a lifetime working in restaurants, I can say this about the situation. Many things happen on a daily basis when you wait tables or tend bar, you interact with some of the very best and very worst people every day and in order to do your job properly, consistently and with pride, you must keep your composure no matter what and have thick skin.

It's not a job for everyone and if you let a note on a receipt bother you so much that you break the confidence of your employer (and guest) by posting that online, I don't think that your cut out for it, at all. Two things you don't do in that line of work, bring outside problems in and bring inside problems out.

Regardless of sexual orientation, I feel that the action of posting that guest check on social media speaks to low moral character. The higher road would have been to brush it off (if it did happen at all) move on to the next table with a smile and retain her employers and guests confidentiality.

BRAVO - someone providing good and sound wisdom to live by. I wish there would be more people like this on this forum.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Psychological and emotional abuse doesn't qualify as oppression?

I have yet to hear about a gay person being told to use the straight fountains and ride on the back of the bus.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Sad times we live in where going to a resturant can ruin your reputation, besides how would they have known she was gay?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join