PlayStation 4 Live Streaming; What could go wrong?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What could go wrong? Plenty it seems... In fact, it took no time at all to find how just HOW wrong users could get with the new toy.

One of the new ways PlayStation is hoping to bring gamers together is by letting users broadcast their gaming live through Twitch, via a peripheral camera. One game, called Playroom, records you in your living room playing with virtual creations – and this is where the problem started.

Hey, neat idea eh? Give console users the same thing PC users have had for a decade or two and do it in the idiot-proof way consoles have of making anything simple to operate. Again...What could possibly go wrong?

Umm.... Human creativity and warped senses of humor. That's what.

As reported by website GameRevolution, the couple sat on their sofa drinking until the woman passed out. He then lifted her shirt and exposed her breast for “about 15 minutes.” After that he went one step further by briefly turning off the broadcast only to return with the unconscious woman completely stripped naked.
Source
Original Gaming News Article

I think this is a moment where the term 'uncool' is woefully inadequate to the example at hand. Something tells me they aren't a couple anymore, to say the very least.

So remember when playing the new PS-4, your real life housemates and partners aren't part of the game, unless they ask to be.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Makes me want a PS4 even more now :/

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Pictures or didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Senduko

Even a Moderator could be banned for such a thing! You wouldn't want to see ....err.. nvm, forget I asked. lol....

Seriously, I had actually looked, out of curiosity, and I found no blurred or censored photos to show the offending stream. Apparently no one recorded it for the brief time it was live or who did, isn't sharing. The original report I linked does picture a couple folks, and I wasn't real clear if they included the couple in this specific example or not.

It does say he was banned on the spot though, so I imagine more won't be forthcoming.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
At least it only does it when you want it done, not secretly records it without your consent.

Also twitch and other live streaming does not require a Peripheral camera. It is done internally.

Im not sure why you connected both? poking at ATS paranoid population perhaps?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I'm not sure what you mean by connecting the two? Can you explain a bit? I'm just a parent and PC Gamer for background. I really have little to no time on consoles to know the ins and outs of them. As a parent, I just key on stories like this to know if someone can do it, my kid can probably figure it out too.

The two media stories on this had PS4 prominently featured in the headlines though, so it seems a major part of what made this possible? More info would be helpful for me and others who aren't 'up' on console tech as much as others.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hehe, no but serious, that what you gotta love about internet anything can happen. This streaming program reminds me alot of the early days of Chatroullete. There was a time when people found these amazing and creative things to entertain people all from the bedroom. But then again so did the perv's.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
im gonna sign up for twitch right now

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I was merely saying, this can be done on Anything, PS3 PS4, Xbox 360 etc. Also pointing out the fact that streaming does not = a external camera(like this guy used), PS4 have internal capture and broadcast.

This story might be "boosted" by MS market group to cripple PS4 sales? who knows. Even on Google, soon as i type PS4 + Streaming, this story comes up.

The story hacks into a paranoid person's mind and poke it.

Also, it seems Sony might be banning "non- gaming" streams.
edit on 11/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Saw this on the news earlier. Can't wait to pick up my PS4 now! 'lols'

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Senduko

Seriously, I had actually looked, out of curiosity, and I found no blurred or censored photos to show the offending stream. Apparently no one recorded it for the brief time it was live or who did, isn't sharing. .

They are out there.

The guy is a dead ringer for Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys, viral marketing?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I wonder if that guy got reported for inappropriate video communications.

Moreover, if his girl was underage or something I wouldn't be surprised if the police got involved and arrested him for sharing nudy pictures.

If the girl found out about this I hope she doesn't get cyber bullied. Sad world we live in....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Skywatcher2011

I wonder if that guy got reported for inappropriate video communications.

Moreover, if his girl was underage or something I wouldn't be surprised if the police got involved and arrested him for sharing nudy pictures.

If the girl found out about this I hope she doesn't get cyber bullied. Sad world we live in....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am with you wrabbit, about this thing going wrong..

What I think your missing, I could be wrong. I think this was done purposefully..

I believe both parties were involved, I mean really, have you ever tried to remove a chicks clothes?
She has to be REALLY REALLY REALLY drunk not to just notice.. I am talking about hammered out of her gored.. Seems a bit fishy, he turned off the cam, then came back on, she was conveniently totally nude..
Maybe just my mind over working..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well...there we go....but this is just one incident that could lead to underage abuse or something like that.

I am sure there will be a lot of reports of inappropriate video communications going on. One day you will see people doing bad things online...something that every parent should be concerned about.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yea it happened.
Who didn't see this coming?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I believe both parties were involved, I mean really, have you ever tried to remove a chicks clothes?
She has to be REALLY REALLY REALLY drunk not to just notice..

On part one, I'm married...I'll let that speak for itself on the things tried at one time or another.

On part two? I'm thinking she probably did notice and through a drunken haze, was aware of what was happening. After all, they were a couple, in the privacy of their own home. I wouldn't immediately think something perverted or harmful if my wife got playful when we're home alone, especially if I wasn't 100% 'myself' for some reason.

I'm thinking she probably didn't know the playing around was in full color recording and live streaming across the net though. That part, I'm betting, he didn't explain to insure she understood before helping her into a world wide strip show. Kinda rude, huh?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by starfoxxx

She has to be REALLY REALLY REALLY drunk not to just notice..

On part one, I'm married...I'll let that speak for itself on the things tried at one time or another.

On part two? I'm thinking she probably did notice and through a drunken haze, was aware of what was happening. After all, they were a couple, in the privacy of their own home. I wouldn't immediately think something perverted or harmful if my wife got playful when we're home alone, especially if I wasn't 100% 'myself' for some reason.

I'm thinking she probably didn't know the playing around was in full color recording and live streaming across the net though. That part, I'm betting, he didn't explain to insure she understood before helping her into a world wide strip show. Kinda rude, huh?

Oh come on now....people need to grow up! There are innocent kids playing online! This is not supposed to be a "Pervert System 4" console!!! Geeeeez

I just hope stories like these won't turn the new XBox One into an "XXX-Box One" console
edit on 26-11-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think there is a problem with this, 1984 style tv watching you watching it, then being broadcasted over the internet, don't like that one bit, and think it could be turned on externally. Maybe even used to black mail people..

I just looked over the pictures, and video!

My conclusion final, I think she is faking it..

No way did she not notice, especially sitting in a upright position like she is, him taking off her clothes.
Yes date rapes happen, they usually involve a drug of some kind with the booze. REAL date rape.
The women didn't puke, she doesn't look sick at all, and the guy didn't even try to sexually penetrate her, digital, or otherwise..

Now we probably will not ever REALLY know.
I am going with they are the voyeurism type, she knew it was being streamed, he knew it, they planned it.
They most likely are in the swingers club too. Those type of people do exist..
edit on 26-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Senduko

Enough with the "pictures or it didn't happen" crap already. It is old, over used, and just plain stupid.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join