It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found an occult worshipping temple near my house and took pictures!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Chemicalbrother

AliceBleachWhite

TechUnique
I moved to an Ancient town called Rye on the south east coast of England. The town itself gives me the heebie jeebies and I have quite often 'felt things' watching me.

I'm pretty sure you're imagining things.
Cut down on the coffee and conspiracy websites and that might help.

The place itself had the feel of a junkies squat and the artwork looks as though the artist may well have been under the influence of something at the time of inception.

Stick with that.
Anything more and you're overanalyzing, and letting your imagination run away with you.

If any of this stuff were recent, I'd say to look for some awkward kid wearing lots of black slouching around town attempting to look indignant, superior, and disinterested.

Could you be any more condescending?

I'm sure she could if she tried but as far as I can tell that was a pretty natural response albeit it very ignorant and rude.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It reminds me of outsider art..something another poster mentioned and something that fascinates me.
It's outsider, in that it isn't trained and driven by the urge to create (often from psychosis or mental health, but also via thoroughly benign desires; an Indian postman made figures in the forest, decorated by trash, in an effort to recycle...many were exhibited in the uk in the 1990s).
But also because it is often out of doors.
I think someone found a canvas that answered their artistic need, however primitive, like a child that crayons on the walls even though they have paper. And they probably are driven by a little oddity in their perception of the world.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Homeless people probably camp out there.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Rye is a great little place, I have wondered round the little streets on my own late at night and not had any problems, around the top end by the church hall and tower can be creepy, you just need to tune into the place.
Any ruin can feel creepy, personally occultists would pick a more comfortable place as a temple, not some ruin due for demolition, what you have there is a doss zone for drop outs.
Stop jumping at your own shadow and looking for monsters under the bed... chill, relax...enjoy rye.
I plan on staying at the Mermaid inn on my next visit.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm going to go with mentally disturbed street person with a drug problem. Legit occultists not only have better art skills than that, but also invest in better materials, and a much more secure location not accessible to outsiders. The weird vibes are simply likely due to the drug induced insanity that is part of the environ.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Whoever did this stuff obviously wasn't a very astute fan of Crowley, as they spelt his surname as 'Crownley'. Irrespective of that, thanks for taking the time to take photos and share with us.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

ok,so i have some questions regarding this building

Is there any rooms apart from a basement without windows?

Is there any kind of carved relief work on doorways,arches,stones etc....

Is there any specific symbols apart from what is in the pictures?

Is there any large stones or area's in the floor where they once were?

Is there any particular layout to the construction of the building? e.g. shape,compass direction,sun set etc....

If the answer is no to all of the above i doubt it was a temple, not impossible but i doubt it.

To me it looks like someone has got off there tree for a couple of nights and sprawled about with a paintbrush thinking there doing something occult and scarey, the fact that they cannot even spell Aleister Crowley's name speaks for it's self. The other thing to take into account is the quality of the work which is quite frankly awful, most occultists know the importance of accuracy in symbols,measurements,angles,mathematics etc... most symbols are constructed through certain principles.
None of what is seen here shows dedication of any kind, which is one thing you do need to practice magical rights and ceremony's, sometimes months of work are required.

Although Crowley himself has referenced Zeus

"Invoking Zeus to swell the power of Pan,
The prayer discomfits the demented man;
Lust lies as still as Love."

The other option i would lean towards is the Zeus temple that is referenced in the artwork(if you can call it that) was a small town group of occultists who no longer exist as a group or organization and this was one of there unhappy ex-members reliving some moments of years gone bye.

All in all a bit of a mystery, but i would say a solvable one with enough interest.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

My best guess considering your story is that you ran across a homeless persons camp. Could be one of those that doesn't want to be bothered with others so the scribbling on the wall could be a ploy to keep people away and make them think there is something more sinister at work than just a transient hangout. did you ever see any sign of anyone staying there during your second trip?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i really can't believe all the people suggesting mental illness, random street people and similar things.

it definitely just looks like the work of teenagers. teenagers who probably like monsters, magic and all that kinda jazz. probably read some magick books, crowley, lovecraft etc

whether or not the intentions of the "temple" are legitimate are impossible to tell unless you can physically sense something in the space or if you actually wind up having an "experience" there. i could definitely see kids #ing around with magic there. it looks like an isolated hangout spot which would afford a good space for kids to go experiment with all sorts of #, smoking, drinking, taking hallucinogens or whatever, you name it and yes that could certainly include magic, black or otherwise. but, you also can't completely disregard the possibility that someone is legitimately practicing magic there. it's really not that far fetched.

when i was younger there was a spot in the woods me and my friends would always go where there was an unused train overpass we'd hangout inside of. the walls were similarly painted with all kinds of weird # from kids hanging out there over there years. and at the time i considered myself a wiccan and my friends all had an interest in magic and the supernatural so we would make huge pentacles with stones and chalk and crap.

i mean just look at how many different colors of paint there are. homeless people don't get 10 cans of paint, paint brushes and start scrolling about crowley and temple zeus.

as for all the different creatures and weird art on the walls, it's funny because i definitely see at least one of those little monsters that look like it's supposed to be Cthulhu. the one with the white eyes, kinda squid face and the red bottom.

there's two paths you can chose to go at this point. investigate further or leave it be and forget about it.
edit on 18-4-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Looks like paintings done by a child or a preteen who terribly failed their art classes.That isn't giving too much credit to youth culture, youth can be quite creative and elegant artist. I wouldn't think too much about it. If anything, laugh at the paintings' silliness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join