It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Closing US Embassy in the Vatican - Says it's 'unsafe'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

okrian
This thread is based on falsities and media hype.

The truths are...

1. The embassy is not in the Vatican.
2. The embassy is not being closed, it is being moved.
3. The embassy is actually being moved closer to the Vatican than it was before.
4. The plans for the embassy move started under Bush.

So please, stop with the lies and false conspiracy.

a voice of reason. Insane

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Seriously. As Okrian and others have already mentioned now, this entire thread is based off of falsities and inaccurate assumptions. That being the title of the thread saying basically that Obama believes the Vatican to be unsafe. Obviously worded in a way to be angry at Obama for no reason.

FlyersFan based the title of the thread off of one source in particular: www.thegatewaypundit.com/

It's really no surprise when the site even labels itself as the following:

"Today The Gateway Pundit is a leading right-of-center news website."
And after looking through the comments, it looks like a breeding ground for tea-party radicals. Lovely stuff indeed /s. Please don't allow this dribble to leak into ATS.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Nessaden
Seriously. As Okrian and others have already mentioned now, this entire thread is based off of falsities and inaccurate assumptions. That being the title of the thread saying basically that Obama believes the Vatican to be unsafe. Obviously worded in a way to be angry at Obama for no reason.

FlyersFan based the title of the thread off of one source in particular: www.thegatewaypundit.com/

It's really no surprise when the site even labels itself as the following:

"Today The Gateway Pundit is a leading right-of-center news website."
And after looking through the comments, it looks like a breeding ground for tea-party radicals. Lovely stuff indeed /s. Please don't allow this dribble to leak into ATS.

It does seem a jab or sorts in light of the Lateran treaties and all.

Like I said before I would love to see the accounting of that $1.9 the us hopes to save. We already own the property so it isn't rent. Diplomatic staff isn't changing so it isn't employee costs being saved. Rome has had one snow storm in 25 years, it isn't snow removal. There has been one murder in the Vatican City since the Lateran Treaty, so no need for excessive security. How in the world are they saving $1.9 million dollars again? What is the real reason for moving the embassy Mr. President?

edit on 29-11-2013 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Curious. The story was first released as a closure. In any case, today I tried to go back and find the original source of the story and find that the Irish closed their Embassy to the Vatican! Perhaps others were aware, but I find this odd given the subsequent story about the US Embassy.

In July, the Vatican took the highly unusual step of recalling its ambassador to Ireland after Prime Minister Enda Kenny accused the Holy See of obstructing investigations into sexual abuse by priests.

The Irish parliament passed a motion deploring the Vatican's role in "undermining child protection frameworks" following publication of a damning report on the diocese of Cloyne.

The Cloyne report said Irish clerics concealed from the authorities the sexual abuse of children by priests as recently as 2009, after the Vatican disparaged Irish child protection guidelines in a letter to Irish bishops.

While Foreign Minister Eamon Gilmore denied the embassy closure was linked to the row over sexual abuse, Rome-based diplomats said they believed it probably played a major role.

www.reuters.com...

Is it possible that the 'dangerous' comment was an oblique referral to the pedophilia within the Church? To me, whether the US Embassy was actually closed is less important than the message that was released and the controversy that it created. Something is up!
edit on 29-11-2013 by gwynned because: forgot link

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Much ado about nothing. It's not being closed, just moved to save money. Why have a stand alone embassy in a crappy little house for a minuscule country? Seriously, some of you people kill me. You whine when the government spends too much money on nothing than whine more when they try to save money. I think there is corruption all over the place but this is such a nit-picking non issue that it's laughable.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I see it as Special Training myself!

Here I thought the Pope came to Change the Church, it's way and add some New understanding to it all. I was Wrong thinking in this! Would not be the first time

Now if you have not noticed. US is closing about every E out there in other Countries that has no real connection to the US any ways! They just keep the ones to look good to others. Might as well accept the Church as Having Power or People I might add.

In itself who has the Highest Power or Followers? Or should I say Money? The US is so Broke, and I do mean Broke. It is the Best Move the US can make to save itself. Fund the money elsewhere to pay off China before its to late. Yes. The Church Has That Much Power Indeed!

Have nothing more to say about this one!

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent visit and private meeting with Putin?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

It is to the millions of American Catholics, it is relevant on any account.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

MrSpad

The Embassy is not in the Vatican. No embassies are in the Vatican they are all in Rome. The US has a big Embassy compound in Rome as its Embassy to Italy. Not far away from that the US has a small villla that serves as the Embassy to the Vatican. It is not a compound and has little security because it is pretty much just a house on a hill. They want to move those guys into the main embassy for security reasons and it will save some money.

This makes absolute perfect sense... which is of course why most on ATS won't believe it. I guess it's much more fun to think that Obama is a reptilian Muslim Communist Anti-Christ who is bent on destroying Christianity... (I want the old eye-roll emoticon back!)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
you guys are running on a false rant.

the current embassy is NOT inside vatican city. they are closing the current one and moving it CLOSER to vatican city
it is moving in the same building with the current embassy in Italy. it will save money

Last week, the State Department announced it was moving its freestanding Vatican embassy to a compound shared with the U.S. Embassy in Italy and the U.S. Mission to the United Nations. On a call with reporters, a senior State Department official said the purpose for the move was to save money and increase security.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Than those American Catholics should be happy that the embassy is in a a safer location instead of some unsecured house, right? Either way, it is about as relevant as having an embassy in Mecca.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
why doesnt he just come out with his prayer rug already

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

WEll that is good news then. Why do members get on such a high horse when they are right? Just say it like you just did and leave people their dignity. I made an error in quick scanning the thread, in a hurry, and then was blasted for not knowing the rest of the story. It was a bit unsettling at first read to think of our embassy being simply closed, that would have been scary news.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Because the correct information has been posted on the past three pages...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

they don't.
it isn't currently in Vatican City.
there are no embassies from any country located inside Vatican City. They are located outside, actually in the city of Rome or it's suburbs

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes and with far too many nags and jabs...but I figured that out a bit after I posted but kept the post anyway. Happens, none of us after all are knowitalls.
edit on am1231amMon, 02 Dec 2013 11:23:55 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join