It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Closing US Embassy in the Vatican - Says it's 'unsafe'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Benghazi
Benghazi
Benghazi

This president has become an embarrassment!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Simple and sweet...you sum it up perfectly! But, me thinks that much of the world is enjoying the freak show

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Pope Francis has, I've noted, take a couple of jabs at the Obama Administration, once even through Vladimir Putin who used Vatican language at the end of his Op Ed in the NYT.

It's a tit for tat type of thing I'm sure of it, not a "security issue" at all, which is absurd.

I wonder... if Henry Kissinger is still a political adviser to the Vatican? When Pope Benedict hired that evil SOB I just knew there was something um "fishy" going on, but in a very bad way. Anyone know if the new Pope Francis has retained Kissinger's council? Because if he fired that guy, then I'll have no option at that point, but to start attending mass regularly!

edit on 26-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nice hat! Those must be tears of joy..

reply to post by Rezlooper

You too, maybe even especially you, would very look good in a Christmas hat also.

You can get them "outfitted" here.

BTS : Avatar Creations

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/kc5295418f.png[/atsimg]

edit on 26-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but the Vatican is considered its own city, perhaps even its own Country.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Maybe the US Embassy was kicked out of the Vatican city/country.. ?

I wonder who broke up with whom, first?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There's a lot of fishy stuff going on there. The Vatican Bank is being restructured due to money laundering. Evidently, the mob friends are not happy.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by Justaposter

Maybe the US Embassy was kicked out of the Vatican city/country.. ?

I wonder who broke up with whom, first?

Seriously? As has been covered a dozen times the Embassy is not in the Vatican, it is Rome. Their are two US embassies in Rome, a very large secure compound with several buidings that houses the US Ambassador to Italy, The US representive to the UN Agencies in Rome, It also serves as the Embassy to San Marino another tiny nation in Italy.

The second Embassy is the one to the Vatican also in Rome. It is a small Villa that has a fence and isolated from all the other US diplomatic funtions and security in Rome.

The State Department wants to leave the small Villa and move the US Embassy to the Vatican to the main Embassy compound in Rome. It is far more secure and would save money.

The US will still have an Embassy to the Vatican, it will still be in Rome it will just be in a different building. That is if the state department approves the plan. The other option is spend untold millions trying to make the Villa into a secure compound.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Obama probably was ordered by his Wall Street pimp bosses to dis the Pop who is saying the right things and exposing the greedy pigs who run the world economy for the swine they are.

Obama, the office boy and conman of Wall Street is doing his masters' bidding.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Why not move the embassy in Ireland to Downing Street? They are still close....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Fair enough, there may have been a lot of projections going around along the lines of the Pope perhaps thinking that Obama may be the anti-Christ, stuff like that.

Thanks for clarifying. (thumbs up)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Took me less than a minute....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am thinking that this is not as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be. It is just the Vatican after all. All it really does is serve as a central point for a certain religion and nothing more. Maybe this is a sign of how decreasingly important the Vatican is in the current modern world. They cannot call on an army, make trade deals(or even trade on a large scale any product) and a lot of people don`t really care what the Vatican says these days anyway. Only hardline Catholics really follow the `instructions` of the Pope.

As a `country` the Vatican is a tiny little country with no resources, army or ability to get directly involved in modern world affairs. From the perspective of maintaining the American Empire, the Vatican is very unimportant.

I am sure a lot of people will disagree with me and some may even get very angry. Others might even throw out an odd ball theory about the `hidden` power of the Vatican. I have heard it all before. Yet, my points are based on actual material conditions.
edit on 27-11-2013 by freedomwv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wait hold up!!

Biden arrives in Italy ahead of Pope Francis inaugural mass
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuEx0jGswvY
www.youtube.com...

A sign....A clue....A secret.....

I never realized the Vatican had a US Embassy.

When Cheney said Toronto was dangerous.... He was RIght.

It was ran by Crackheads.... jk

I am not implying that is going on in the Vatican. That should be a sanctuary!!

Maybe the embassy was kicked out...who knows these days...
edit on 27-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

buddha
The tiny country of the vatican
has some of the best security in the world.
they have Swiss mercenaries with machine guns.

I think the new pope has don some thing they dont like.

Or, vice versa, which the way things look here in the states recently...well, only God can judge, but I bet the new pope isn't down with it, either. I mean, it is not rocket science. LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Maybe their just saving money, lol, if they have one in Italy do they really need one there as well?

Yes money is wasted everywhere and people can believe whatever they want to give themselves comfort but in reality I believe the worlds religions are archaic, just fictions used in previous times to control and police people.

Perhaps it's time we move forward and away from religion in making decisions about us and the world, I think things are a lot more complicated then we can even comprehend so how about we all just drop that old baggage and try to get get along.

I think this closure is a step in the right direction for all of us

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tayton

Its a sign....

Bolt from the blue: Lightning strikes St Peter's Basilica in Rome after Pope's resignation
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y_Ct38rLd8
www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Christian location: Unsafe
Muslim location: Safe

I find it funny that out of all of the years of Vatican corruption, he chooses the one time when a Pope does extremely well and is very well respected even among those that aren't even Christian (or religious for that matter). I'm not sure about the real safety issues that exist within foreign countries, I only am familiar with a few but only relevant to when I go there and not much about after the fact.

But there's something about Obama's administration that seems off when it comes to picking religious sides and I can't quite put my finger on it.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

why have an embassy to a little town in rome? yes most of world recognizes the vatican as a country but why?
it the center of the roman catholic faith true but that doesn't justify its country status to me . just as many atrocities as the ones the muslims have done in middle east and african were originated there throughout history anybody remember the crusades and the sheltering the last 100 years of pedophile priest. this organization has only been about gathering power and wealth since its inception so i say close the embassy on the grounds of it not being a real country but not because its un safe for crist sake doesntn;t the swiss guard provide security for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Mayhap the Muslem knows something the rest of us don't and wants to get the embassy people out of the line of fire for a change.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join