It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies worry over "doomsday" cache stashed by ex-NSA contractor Snowden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Eryiedes

sulaw
this man to me is a gimick, a shenanighan and NOT what I would dub an American Patriot.

Then it's fortunate for the rest of us that history will make these distinctions and not you.

-Peace-
edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

What is with these trite responses today, ok sir I would hold that comment until the whole Snowden debacle comes to a close, as anyone on these boards postulates speculation.

THAT'S THE POINT OF ATS~

I'm expressing my opinion, not the opinion of the fetching world, nor yours, or anyone elses. I am a one who can reantiquate that which I say once I know for SURE that something is in fact what it seems. That is the only logical deduction anyone can do.

Lastly, Mr Ery~

You make such a trivial comment when American History books are written by the winners and not all is based on REALITY, just what they want conditioned upon civillians. If anything, to say the least, what our HISTORY BOOKS have taught us, is anything but right and accurate.

So excuse me for thinking outside of the box and NOT thinking like a sheep.

edit on 26-11-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have no idea what you are getting at since the exact same thing applies to me.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Welp, I'm done w/ your snyde semantics.

-peace-

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

One thing for sure is he would be a fool to release everything he had as he would be as good as dead.

The only thing that is stopping him from an accident on purpose is the threat of full disclosure.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Indeed.
Bassago had a good idea concerning that suggesting keeping 10% for insurance and releasing 90% immediately. That makes sence to me as well.
Mind you I'd never download one of his archives to see what was in it as they've done in the past.
I don't need those kind of headaches.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Agreed, yet Obama has done it several times.

And Wiki leaks also, in the cables.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Bisman
well hes such a nice guy he will never show the world. i mean he needs it now to blackmail his way to freedom.

I don't think it's purely to protect himself.

If he has as much info as claimed it'd take 100, journalists 10 years to check them out and redact where necessary. With info this sensitive only a privileged few can work on it to avoid NSA or foreign spy agencies and the like getting their hands on raw copy. All the time they're working o the pieces they're going to be monitored/detained at airports etc which massively decreases their ability to get the info out.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
After reading the article, I believe Snowden has something the government is worried about. And they said so here in the link:

(Reuters) - British and U.S. intelligence officials say they are worried about a "doomsday" cache of highly classified, heavily encrypted material they believe former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden has stored on a data cloud.

The cache contains documents generated by the NSA and other agencies and includes names of U.S. and allied intelligence personnel, seven current and former U.S. officials and other sources briefed on the matter said.

The data is protected with sophisticated encryption, and multiple passwords are needed to open it, said two of the sources, who like the others spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

The passwords are in the possession of at least three different people and are valid for only a brief time window each day, they said. The identities of persons who might have the passwords are unknown.

So the government knows they're out there because they created them. When Snowden releases his documents, he sends them to a select few media outlets. They, like the Guardian, ProPublica, are the ones who release the documents from their websites to the public. They should be just as guilty as Snowden for releasing the information. In the link, the Guardian was threatened with legal action and they got rid of the computers that had the data. If tptb don't want the public knowing, they simply need to go after the sites that are spreading the information.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

True that even if it were distributed through the deep web, finding and confiscating the material wouldn't prove difficult...it would only be a matter of time.
Almost enough to make one consider the BRICS net?

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

actually... you cannot be a whistleblower, without being a martyr too... if your an afraid pansy, in fear of losing your life if you release all info you might have, you might as well have continued working for an ABC agency... release everything, take the bullet, make everyone see that what you revealed is legit... what you have now is a boring and predictable dog and pony show...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Having read that, what if this news story was actually something made up and 'leaked' to the press, sort of to smoke some individuals out of hiding (physically or electronically) ?

The whole thing just doesn't sit well with me. We have discussed Edward either not having the data, or having the data and using it as assurance.

But what if we are looking at it wrong?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Afternoon,

And the saga continues...

www.cbc.ca...

www.france24.com...

boingboing.net...

Sigh...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Dynamitrios

actually... you cannot be a whistleblower, without being a martyr too... if your an afraid pansy, in fear of losing your life if you release all info you might have, you might as well have continued working for an ABC agency... release everything, take the bullet, make everyone see that what you revealed is legit... what you have now is a boring and predictable dog and pony show...

That's just it though isn't it...

There are ways of making people disapear without them becomming a martyr...

Anyone remember this guy?

David Shayler

or this guy...

David Kelly (weapons expert)

Or... Need I go on?

In the case of Dr. David Kelly... he had not released yet which was why it was safe to off him.... However David Shayler had released and as such they needed to discredit the information he had released. People would look at him and label him a crank and thus who listens to the information of a crank?

The same tactic was used on Julian Assange with the rape charges...

All in all the release of secret files is a double edged sword... there are some secrets that are for the good of the many and a release could harm a good deal of people... On the other hand there are some secrets that being secret does the same harm....

The question is whom can say without the full picture which is which??

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

grey580
Now this is something I don't like.

Releasing the names of agents that are undercover is Treason.

I would hope that he would not do this. Exposing programs is one thing.

Putting peoples lives at risk is another.

We are talking about a gangster government that is committing massive crimes and threatening the stability of the entire world. The word "treason" simply does not apply to exposing employees of a body that is essentially nothing more than a mafia.

In fact, the best thing that could happen would be to release the ID, address and personal info of *every* person that works for the government in any capacity. Personally, I'd still like to see Barry's personal data. Bet it would be ..... entertaining.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join