It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stoning adulterers may once again be reinstated in Afghanistan.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
the topic is "stoning to death because of... adultery"

Yes ... and the question is .... WHY do they bury the woman up to her shoulders but only bury the man up to the waist when the are murdered by stoning? What is the purpose in having two different ways to bury the men from the women?

Is it because they think it's okay to bash the womans brain in but not okay to hit her breasts?
That would be bizarre.

Is it because, according to the stoning law, if a buried person can escape then they aren't
put to death? That makes it much easier for the man to dig out then the woman. The
man is naturally stronger and he is 'only' buried up to his waist but the woman is buried to
her shoulders.

I mean .. it's all so bizarre and bloodthirsty and uncivilized anyways, and none of it is even remotely reasonable behavior. So perhaps there is no use in trying to figure out 'WHY' they do it that way. It's just a difference that is noticeable.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

it is unethical immoral and just straight up wrong! it's very disturbing to see... I took your image to my collage of "random-world" on FB.

I don't think a man would be stoned to death for adultery under Islam?

How can they when they have made themselves god...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
this isn't so much a stoning issue this topic, I could care less about their men...

the topics title specifically makes this a women's rights issue.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I could care less about their men...

the topics title specifically makes this a women's rights issue.

If you'd been paying attention (which you really should do if you want to come to these "meetings") you'd see that both parties get stoned. NOT JUST THE WOMEN.

And also, you'd BETTER freaking care about their men - their MEN are the ones imposing these disgusting laws on people. Did you see any women in the video boymonkey posted except the victim? Who got SHOT after being stoned and dropping into the hole? And then, they cued the sad music and showed THE MAN getting stoned to death. Right there, in the video. Actually raw footage. SICK.

The MEN are the ones doing the violence, dude.
Sheesh, you really seem to be very inexperienced and unaware of the ways of the world; how it all works, and what is needed to make a peaceful planet.

edit on 12/7/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

can you show me the law and article where men can be stoned for adultery?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Watch the video link I posted, a man gets stoned to death.....

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yep, straight from an article (one of several) that discusses what the OP is talking about:

There are several references to stoning in a translated section of the draft seen by the Guardian, including detailed notes on judicial requirements for handing down the sentence.

Pay attention now, Sis:

"Men and women who commit adultery shall be punished based on the circumstances to one of the following punishments: lashing, stoning [to death]," article 21 states. The draft goes on to specify that the stoning should be public, in article 23.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 12/7/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Watch the video link I posted, a man gets stoned to death.....

no thanks... did he get caught cheating on his wife? or was he unmarried?

this is my only concern at the moment regarding this topic.

edit on 7-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

so they are talking about when an unmarried man bangs someones wife he can be stoned to death correct? I understand that.

but what if a man who has 7 wives cheats or bangs some woman who is unmarried like the prostitutes in Islam?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
for thread reference...

this is allotted by the Islamic State and beliefs and is sponsored.

you only have to pay for how long you wish to be ahem married, 1 hour or 5 days or a year, any amount of time 30mins maybe, even to children... and the Imam will bless you and give you consent and papers proving God approves of this if you get stopped on the street by the religious police.

edit on 7-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Islam is also alone when it comes to preserving Gods laws to deal with adultery.

I honestly do not think Islam's adultery teachings, edicts, or punishments are from the Most High.

• Men can rape or have consensual sex with their slaves. However, if a women were to rape or have consensual sex with her slave, it would considered illegal adultery.

• A man can take up to 4 wives. If a women were to take even a second husband, it would be considered illegal, immoral, adultery, and sexual-deviation.

• A woman's testimony is weighted as half the testimony of a man. The testimony of two women equals that of one man.

• Men who are worthy according to the Judgement of Allah will receive sexual heavenly Houris in Paradise. Women have no such expectations in Allah's Paradise.

In addition, a wife may be beaten by her husband, as ordained in the Qur'an.

The Most High is beyond and transcendent of gender. It is obvious that the oration of the Qur'an was inspired by the loins of the male gender.

P.S.
Please don't forget that the verses of "stoning adulterers" were omitted from the Qur'an,... the entire contextual events of which is one of many proofs of the corruption of the Qur'an.

edit on 12/7/13 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I'm sure we'd hear the same song from our Christian friends even if it involved a lashing.

And when a human who is Christian acts upon or supports incompassionate violence, I will voice my concerns with them.

For the meantime, we are talking about Islam. We are talking about humans being violently oppressive to other humans.

Why must you point the finger in deflection on so many occasions?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by nenothtu

After the second slap, however, I had run out of cheeks to turn.

Jesus' never taught to slap the person back after you ran out of cheeks to turn.

I learn by observing the actions of others. Jesus taught me to knot up a rope and beat hell out of folks that crossed the line.

You see, what we have to do here is take things in context, not isolated and out of context. One part of the Bible illuminates others, and in turn those illuminate yet others. It's all an interconnected whole. What happens all too often - Christians are as guilty as Atheists who fight them in that regard - is that people take quotes out of context in order to try and prove a point. That's how Christians got the odd notion that "God is love", and Atheists got the equally odd notion that "god is a bearded old man who sits in the clouds".

You should be familiar with this mechanism. Anti-Muslims use it all the time to misquote the Qur'an. It has even been used in this thread against Islam. I just find it all too funny that Christians do it to their OWN book as much as anti-Christians do. Muslims are generally far better about not doing that to the Qur'an, although the wahabbis are pretty bad about it.

You get slapped on the right cheek, you turn the other cheek.
Then when you get slapped on the left cheek, you turn the other cheek.
Then when you get slapped on the right cheek, you turn the other cheek....

and so on.

In the proper context, I do. the proper context does not often present itself these days, however. Usually what presents itself is a money-changer in bad need of a knotted-rope beating, but them's the breaks.

Sounds painful? Take it up with Jesus.

There's no doubt in my mind that I will do just that in the due course of time. I have no fear of it.

ETA: being a Muslim, you are doubtless better acquainted with Roman customs better than the average Christian is. Muslims fought the Romans long after the Christians thought there weren't any more Romans. You therefore likely know as well as I do what that phrase implies, what Jesus is instructing. We can go there if you like, or we can just drop it and let it go at that. I'll leave that choice up to you.

Christians tend to paint Jesus as some sort of pansy, but he wasn't. He had more backbone in his little finger than most Christians have in their entire congregations. The origin of that particular teaching shows that point very well.

edit on 2013/12/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So your god has no laws?

It must be really easy to be you!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Actually John said "God is love"

That isn't taken out of context... because theres only one context

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

FlyersFan
ADDRESS THE TOPIC -

Here is what the muslims think is just fine and dandy ...
Doing this will make 'god' a happy camper according to them.
Follow 'god's law' and make god happy ...

news.nationalpost.com...

Thanks for the how-to lesson, but I'm really not planning on stoning anyone in the near future. If however, I ever DO plan to stone someone, I'll be sure and refer back to your instruction manual.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

boymonkey74
WARNING DO NOT PRESS PLAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE MOB VIOLENCE AND THE BARBARISM OF STONING>

www.youtube.com...

So Muslims is this what you want? what If this is your daughter/son who fell in love? would you be in the crowd throwing stones?.
If you agree with stoning you are an animal and far from human.
edit on 7-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: Just put the link there not put it up on ATS

"Falling in love" is not the issue - the problem resides in scroggin' someone else IN SPITE of being married. Now, in my case, I just said "have a nice life - don't let the door bump yer ass on the way out". Other folks are somewhat less ... calm... in the matter. They take extreme umbrage in not being the "one and only" of THEIR "one and only".

Some folks use firearms, some folks use axes, some use knives, some use ball bats... and some use stones. The end result is always the same, and yes, in all cases it is "barbaric"... but then most people are just barbarians anyhow under the skin.

Islam provides a mechanism if you "fall in love" outside the bound of your marriage. You get a divorce, and follow your heart WITHIN the bonds of their law. Not a problem. Christianity, on the other hand, makes divorce pretty rough, and in many cases not an option, then punishes the one who "follows their heart" with no other options available to them. Hell, I hear in Texas it's perfectly legal to kill a cheating spouse out of hand, so long as you kill the other party as well, and then blame it on "the heat of passion".

Which is REALLY more barbaric and totalitarian?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Our Lord Jesus Christ said "he that lives by the sword shall die by the sword and he that takes captive shall go into captivity".

I have lived by the sword (or it's modern day equivalent, anyhow), and expect that it's likely I will die by it as well, but them's the breaks. No escaping it, it is what it is, so I'm at peace with the notion.

They won't listen to reason, they won't listen to truth. They are twisted and possessed by the evil spirit called Islam. We should call it what it is, an evil spirit. That evil spirit that possessed Mohammed in the cave, possessed everyone who believed him. The only exorcism of this evil spirit will come directly by God.

Seriously? In the 21st century? You believe they are POSSESSED just because they don't believe the way YOU do?

SERIOUSLY?

What if YOU are the one possessed instead (see below)?

Let's do this, let's write Islam on a piece of paper and you put holy water on it and then we will pray for the end of Islam's possession.

Seriously? Incantations and rituals involving holy water from the Druid tradition?

AHA! A WITCH! STONE THE WITCH! Burn her... BURN HER!

See?

It ain't just Muslims bein' barbaric and possessed and all that claptrap! "Christianity" has had it's fair share of barbarism and possession.

You people crack me up! it's as if you have no idea what you are saying about others, and how it applies to yourselves!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by WarminIndy

WarminIndy has issued a prayer challenge to people of faith to pray for an end to this barbaric murderous practice of stoning people to death. Pray that the veil of evil is lifted from the eyes of the murderers. WarminIndy ... that's an EXCELLENT challenge. It's the best most of us can do and it's a very positive thing. I accept your challenge.
Count me in.

Yes. WarmInIndy has issued a challenge to pray for the heathen, while at the same time celebrating the death of a man on a cross (Roman execution method, not Jewish) that took, as I recall, several hours to complete, as opposed to the 2 hours max for stonings, most falling within 10 to 20 minutes.

CELEBRATING that death, because as a Christian, she believe it let her off the hook.

Why don't you all give ME some lessons in barbarism! I think, even though I'm a murderous scumbag, my barbarism quotient is running about a quart low.

I swear to God that this discussion reminds me of a bunch of Goths calling Vandals barbarians because, well, they're Vandals rather than Goths!

I guess Muslims are just not the right sort of barbarians, eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I find all religion barbarous, as I do anyone being put to death.
The fact that many states in the USA have the death penalty disgusts me.
But stoning people to death is mob justice and is wrong.
You been on the sauce btw?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join