It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Murder "Investigators:" What's it to you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Why was it necessary to demolish Sandy Hook Elementary? Columbine High School was repaired, reopened, and was damaged far worse.

Perhaps they thought it would be haunted. Nice attempt at derailing the thread. Please start addressing the OP.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

When my own govt has willingly and forcefully misled the nation with gross inaccuracies and lies time and time again, I begin to wonder when or if any facts will prevail or even if the truth is out there. The truth may be relative to the person studying it. For some it may still be a lie, for others it is acceptable and laid to rest. There are subjects that deeply concern me, and there are some that I completely ignore. But in the end, my personal beliefs force me to ask if it is even worth the trouble? I can only control what is within my 3 feet of personal space. So all these crimes, atrocities, or agendas are going to take place regardless if I know the facts. That is just my belief and it hits me especially hard when I still believe there is an ultimate agenda afoot.

This is the best attempt at an answer so far. Thank you. I would like to point out once again, though, that officials are sometimes motivated to "cover things up" to prevent panic or over-reaction, or even to minimize press coverage in order to help protect a suspect's right to a fair trial!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Just to be clear, these questions are not directed at board members who casually check out some of the more, er, violent threads out of idle curiosity. This thread was inspired by some of the more shrill, self-righteous members whose behavior is responsible for so many threads getting closed.

Edit to add: Here, for example, is a member I would like to join this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you understand my intent now?
edit on 26-11-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"What's it to you?"

Well these type of events are being used to change the law and the country, and not for the better IMO. If events like 9/11 are going to usher in the surveillance state (which it has), and events like Aurora and Sandy Hook are being used to promote gun control (which they are), then I think it's fair to investigate the validity of these cases, given the massive motive for the authoritarians to create these false flag scenarios. It's classic problem, reaction, solution.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by Klassified

Thank you for a thoughtful and polite response, although it still does not address any of the issues raised in the OP. You are correct; there are those who investigate many other things besides mass murders. To them, anything that appears on the news, from baseball scores to box office ratings are suspect and evidence of some deeper conspiracy. Naturally, they are interested in actual crime as well.

In modern Constitutional theory, one of the justifications for the "freedom of the press" is that an electorate needs to be informed in order to make important decisions. Certain classes of persons and events therefore merit special attention. We need to know whether the candidate we may be voting for is trustworthy. We need to know something about the way he deals with stress and whether he is honest. "Digging up dirt" on this class of person is not only traditional, it is vital. We don't want to knowingly vote for crooks. Likewise, we need to know the true causes and meanings of events that can shape our lives as citizens. Assassinations, sabotage, terrorism. All of these can and, too often do, lead to war and further death and destruction.

Obviously, both private individuals and public institutions, whether in the private sector or government, have reasons to control the public's access to information. They sometimes have good reason to do so. Pinning JFK's death on a lone crazed gunman almost certainly avoided an American invasion of Cuba and subsequent nuclear war with the Soviet Union. Usually, however, they have bad reasons. That is why investigating W's "Yellowcake Intelligence" should have been done more thoroughly.

Are you beginning to see my point? Some things demand to be investigated for the public good. Others seem to attract people for other reasons. We are not talking about an ethnic community being destroyed in a village; there is certainly conspiracy at work there and it needs to be exposed, even if the MSM is hesitant to cover it. No, we are talking about one or more deranged individuals walking into a public place in middle America and opening fire on a large group of strangers. Where is the public good in investigating this? Where is the electorate's need to know?

In reference to this perticular post, you your self have answered many of your original questions from your original op. But let's take it a step further, shall we?

I really don't think it's that difficult to understand. When a tragedy (such as the alleged Sandy Hook incident) occurs and the public is fed contradictory information via MSM, discerning individuals seek truth of the matter to better understand why the event took place in the first place. Awareness after all is the hallmark of an awakened consciousness. When discrepancies abound surrounding a very public event such as the example I've mentioned it becomes due diligence on the part of those of us affected by both MSM and our own conscience that become aware of said event.

It is not necessarily a morbid fascination with all things extreme but rather a desire for increased awareness. After all such a state of increased awareness can and often does provide a state of perceived and actual security. Just ask the NSA!
edit on 26-11-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

DJW001

There. Try to convince me that your "need to know" outweighs what I firmly believe to be in the best public interest.

I don't have a need to know, but someone does. One piece of information seems to stand out regarding these cases, and it has something to do with either someone going on, or coming off anti-depressants or some type of personality altering substance. Possibly a combination of substances, like alcohol and prescription drugs over time.

What needs to be determined by the people with a need to know is the root cause. Then they can search for a solution.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

OMsk3ptic
"What's it to you?"

Well these type of events are being used to change the law and the country, and not for the better IMO. If events like 9/11 are going to usher in the surveillance state (which it has), and events like Aurora and Sandy Hook are being used to promote gun control (which they are), then I think it's fair to investigate the validity of these cases, given the massive motive for the authoritarians to create these false flag scenarios. It's classic problem, reaction, solution.

Thank you for your opinion. How do you account for the fact that handgun sales go up after each mass murder? Why is it that Illinois' strict conceal carry law was overturned by the Supreme Court in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting? Who really benefits here?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I don't have a need to know, but someone does. One piece of information seems to stand out regarding these cases, and it has something to do with either someone going on, or coming off anti-depressants or some type of personality altering substance. Possibly a combination of substances, like alcohol and prescription drugs over time.

An excellent point. Americans are over-medicated and this correlation needs to be more publicized. But where does access to security camera footage and obsessively watching victim interviews come in?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

I really don't think it's that difficult to understand. When a tragedy (such as the alleged Sandy Hook incident) occurs and the public is fed contradictory information via MSM, discerning individuals seek truth of the matter to better understand why the event took place in the first place. Awareness after all is the hallmark of an awakened consciousness. When discrepancies abound surrounding a very public event such as the example I've mentioned it becomes due diligence on the part of those of us affected by both MSM and our own conscience that become aware of said event.

It is not necessarily a morbid fascination with all things extreme but rather a desire for increased awareness. After all such a state of increased awareness can and often does provide a state of perceived and actual security. Just ask the NSA!

But anyone with any experience in life can see that most of the alleged "contradictions" and "inconsistencies" in nearly all the coverage of every such tragedy is the result of hurried, sloppy journalism. Hopefully, we are all aware of the ability of human beings simply to get things wrong, and that reporters are human beings.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's another point, let's say this was three thousand years ago, no MSM to spoon feed you info on life altering events. Your a native American wandering the wilderness with your tribe, you come across a scene were recently dead animals lay in your path. No brutal slayings or Gore just dead.

Don't you think it would behoove you to gain more insight as to why so as to better prepare yourself and your children against such a calamity?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

DJW001

But anyone with any experience in life can see that most of the alleged "contradictions" and "inconsistencies" in nearly all the coverage of every such tragedy is the result of hurried, sloppy journalism. Hopefully, we are all aware of the ability of human beings simply to get things wrong, and that reporters are human beings.

That my friend would depend entirely on the extent of the contradictions! And our own ability to apply commen sense.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

DJW001

Thank you for your opinion. How do you account for the fact that handgun sales go up after each mass murder? Why is it that Illinois' strict conceal carry law was overturned by the Supreme Court in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting? Who really benefits here?

I think gun sales go up after these massacres because so many people are worried that their right to buy guns are going to be taken away after these events, and when you watch the MSM after these events, you can see why people would be thinking that, lawful gun owners are made out to be demons who don't care about the children who were just "murdered". And if there weren't so many pro-2nd amendment citizens (who understand who the 2nd amendment is really supposed to help protect citizens from), I think gun bans would be a done deal, just like what happened after the Dunblane school shooting in Britain. I don't know enough about the case you sighted, but some people are smart enough to realize that more guns in the hands of citizens = safer population, just look at how bad a city like Chicago is, which could be part of the reason for the overturn.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by Taggart

You bring this up in EVERY thread related to Sandy Hook. No one is asking for that.

AHEM! Please read the title and OP of this thread. IT IS NOT ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC MASS MURDER!

Ahem, your OP title may not refer to any specific mass murder, but your OP seems to be about SH when it states this...

What do you feel can be accomplished by viewing photos of mutilated children? Why do you watch videos of grieving parents so closely?

It seems you are referring to SH, so why don't you tell me why the school really had to be demolished. I don't believe in ghosts. Columbine wasn't demolished, neither was Virginia Tech.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

So by your own admission, if these massacres are part of an agenda, they are not an effective tactic. Any group ruthless enough to use wholesale slaughter as a tactic would probably be aware that it is not supporting their strategy.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Unless that is the implied intent!

Just ask Hitler. I know, again with the history!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Mikeultra

DJW001
reply to post by Taggart

You bring this up in EVERY thread related to Sandy Hook. No one is asking for that.

AHEM! Please read the title and OP of this thread. IT IS NOT ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC MASS MURDER!

Ahem, your OP title may not refer to any specific mass murder, but your OP seems to be about SH when it states this...

What do you feel can be accomplished by viewing photos of mutilated children? Why do you watch videos of grieving parents so closely?

It seems you are referring to SH, so why don't you tell me why the school really had to be demolished. I don't believe in ghosts. Columbine wasn't demolished, neither was Virginia Tech.

Or Kent state for that matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

So by your own admission, if these massacres are part of an agenda, they are not an effective tactic. Any group ruthless enough to use wholesale slaughter as a tactic would probably be aware that it is not supporting their strategy.

I disagree, I think they are an effective tactic, just not as effective as they were in Britain. Gun sales might go up after these events, but so does the number of liberals/citizens who want to do away with guns. There is a tipping point slowly being reached, and each event brings us closer and closer to that point.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's called erase the reality so nothing can result be ascertained. Let's face the facts people. Pull your cranium out of your posterior orifice and read between the line zzz! There is some shadowy shiznet going on here, especially with this op. Y'all need to wake the he'll up.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just ask Hitler. I know, again with the history!

Hitler provided arms to German speakers in the Sudetenland in order to ratchet up the violence prior to invading. Okay, I get it. You are all investigating mass murders because you think "they" will use them as a pretext for taking your guns. All right, is there any evidence you might find that would convert you to accepting the official story? Or are you simply trying to confirm your own pre-conceived beliefs? In which case, is there any need for you to make any actual reference to the facts? If everything is already a cunningly conceived lie, why bother investigating. You already know the Truth, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Any evidence whatsoever on Sandy Hook would be nice. No proof that Lanza was there (or even existed, aside from incredibly suspicious "photos"), no proof that anybody was shot (20 dead kids, not one injured, none taken to the hospital etc., Lanza must be part of Seal Team 6 with his skills), not a single drop of blood has been seen anywhere (and no one knows who cleaned up all that "blood"), and on and on with more and more suspicious activity (just watch that circling the firehouse video, totally bizarre). There is literally nothing that has been produced by "authorities" that shows this event is anything more than a made up story. If they had any videos (as they should have) of Lanza actually being there, that would be something that would make me reconsider, but obviously there is nothing of the sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join