It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organization promoting religious freedom plans to deploy atheist billboards. AGAIN!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

opopanax
The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life puts the Muslim population of the US at 0.6% (+/- 0.6% margin of error; source). 69 million Muslims in the US = about 21.6% of the US population (source). Do you really think that's remotely close to being correct?

Edited to add that, for all that people bash Wikipedia, its articles are often pretty good starting places for research, since they (should) cite their source(s). You can then visit the source pages to evaluate the material for yourself. Wikipedia didn't make up that info on Muslims - it was compiled from other sources.

Edited again to add that Operation World puts the number of Christians in the US at 246,553,012 / 77.62% of the population and Evangelicals at 91,764,554 / 28.9% of the population (source)...
edit on 12/2/2013 by opopanax because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your input it may be more than likely somewhere in between. As I don't trust any MSM (PEW) sponsored facts about anything. I can't see why a Christian groups would put true Christians as 33 million and the rest Evangelicals also are now being classed as a cult and from personal experience I know many are not saved they are just religious.

But all stats aside the point of the OP is that the FFRF is not freedom from religion (being all religions equally) but are a hate group that targets only Christian groups or people. It is evident to anyone with an open free thinking mind when they go to their site and see only anti-Christian material, lawsuits and agenda.

Now if you can find one instance of them putting up billboard signs in Detroit denying Islam and telling adherents to believe in man over Allah or Mohamed I will praise them for truly being freedom from religion as they claim by their name.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Religious Freedom... does anybody else see the irony here?

more like freedom from Christianity, because it is the only topic they deal with.

please erect a sign that offends mohammed and allah so we can see how long this will persist before the government steps in to protect the true "Freedom of Religion" (in the united states)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

they are cowards... afraid to live.

sorry I didn't see your post, I was responding to the OP... but it sounds like we're thinking along the same lines on the subject.

it would be funny as hell to see if they really had to cahoonas to put something like that up in Dearborn MI, specially with their organization branded on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Once again lets go down lying rabbit trails.

.....rabbit trails?

you are not doing anything but justifying their hatred of ONE group of people and most likely you are a hater just like them. Otherwise you would see the truth to the fact that the FFRF is not for freedom from all religions equally but a hate group against one religion in particular and that is Christianity.

You're utterly incapable and unwilling to even think about what it is you're posting due to your obvious zealotry and irrationality. I hope the Freedom from Religion Foundation posts more billboards than ever this year.

(and it's rabbit holes btw....)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Prezbo369

Once again lets go down lying rabbit trails.

.....rabbit trails?

you are not doing anything but justifying their hatred of ONE group of people and most likely you are a hater just like them. Otherwise you would see the truth to the fact that the FFRF is not for freedom from all religions equally but a hate group against one religion in particular and that is Christianity.

You're utterly incapable and unwilling to even think about what it is you're posting due to your obvious zealotry and irrationality. I hope the Freedom from Religion Foundation posts more billboards than ever this year.

(and it's rabbit holes btw....)

You obviously have already beaten me to the Zealotry and Irrationality in many of your post we can see your contempt for Christianity, I truly believe you are a charter member of FFRF if not you should be.

Have fun down your rabbit hole I hope you find Alice.

edit on 2-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join