It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organization promoting religious freedom plans to deploy atheist billboards. AGAIN!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Go to their site and click on publications everyone of their publications are anti-chrsitian not a one on anti-islam, anti-hindu, anti-buddhist, anti-wicca, anti-scientology, et al just Christianity

Probably because Christians are the only ones making a nuisance of themselves. I have yet to see a scientologist, wiccan, or Hindu standing on a street corner with a sign describing how hateful their god is and passing it off as righteousness.

Of all the religious people in our nation, Christians are the loudest and most obnoxious. Westboro Baptist is just one example of how Americans tend to make it very clear how repellent Christianity can be. And you wonder why this organization focuses it's fire? Maybe if Christians would shut up once in a while and give us some room to think and make sense of their preaching - hell, if they shut up and tried to make sense of it themselves! - there wouldn't be such a problem.

Of all the dogs in the kennel, Christians bark loudest. And that's why this group might appear to be focusing on them. But I don't believe you when you say you'd stand up for other groups if your religion was the only one being endorsed. I don't believe you. You wanna know why? Because your religion is "the truth and the way". And a true Christian wouldn't be bothered to stand up for religions he or she doesn't believe in. That's called defending heathens. And you wouldn't wanna piss off the almighty douche upstairs, would you?

So yeah. Stop being so obnoxious and Christians won't have the problem. Or get thicker skin. Or get a more easily defendable platform. Don't blame us because you decided to plant your flag in something stupid and abrasive and easily refuted.

And now I'm done with this thread because I'm done trying to talk sense into you. Honestly, this is just plain childish.
edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Go to their site and click on publications everyone of their publications are anti-chrsitian not a one on anti-islam, anti-hindu, anti-buddhist, anti-wicca, anti-scientology, et al just Christianity

Probably because Christians are the only ones making a nuisance of themselves. I have yet to see a scientologist, wiccan, or Hindu standing on a street corner with a sign describing how hateful their god is and passing it off as righteousness.

Of all the religious people in our nation, Christians are the loudest and most obnoxious. Westboro Baptist is just one example of how Americans tend to make it very clear how repellent Christianity can be. And you wonder why this organization focuses it's fire? Maybe if Christians would shut up once in a while and give us some room to think and make sense of their preaching - hell, if they shut up and tried to make sense of it themselves! - there wouldn't be such a problem.

Of all the dogs in the kennel, Christians bark loudest. And that's why this group might appear to be focusing on them. But I don't believe you when you say you'd stand up for other groups if your religion was the only one being endorsed. I don't believe you. You wanna know why? Because your religion is "the truth and the way". And a true Christian wouldn't be bothered to stand up for religions he or she doesn't believe in. That's called defending heathens. And you wouldn't wanna piss off the almighty douche upstairs, would you?

So yeah. Stop being so obnoxious and Christians won't have the problem. Or get thicker skin. Or get a more easily defendable platform. Don't blame us because you decided to plant your flag in something stupid and abrasive and easily refuted.

And now I'm done with this thread because I'm done trying to talk sense into you. Honestly, this is just plain childish.
edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Now wait a minute. Now you are unfairly labeling all Christians because of a few radicals like those of Westboro. You are narrow minded for such a free thinking open minded individual. I detest westboro and their tactics and anyone like them. they are in my book just as much Haters as FFRF

I did not say I would stand up for other religions (selective understanding/hearing/reading) I said I would still oppose the group for being unfair in its claims and would still call them out as not being a Freedom from Religion when they pick and choose which ones they oppose or want freedom from. It is not about standing up for other religions as it is to oppose and expose the lie that is FFRF.

your attitude is the only thing childish at the moment, and up until this moment I had some respect for you.

edit on 29-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

I just am amazed at how people read into things.

The OP is not about "Christianity bieng Oppressed" it is about a group that only pops up in the MSM on certain times to oppose acertain group while claiming to be against ALL Religions.

And that 'certain' group they are focusing on? the biggest group in the US by far (as my pic shows...)

One that has attempted to insert it's beliefs into schools, science, government, sex, peoples sexuality and marriage. The other groups? They generally haven't done these things, and even if they had it'd be dwarfed by the amount of attempted interference into peoples private lives committed by Christians.

As I said, you're going to have to get used to not being able to force your religion on everyone anymore, people like the group you mention and myself have no qualms about telling Christians exactly what we think about their religion and their beliefs.

Christianity is the biggest kid in the playground and has gotten used to pushing everyone around. But as with all bullies, they always end up with a bloody nose at some point and go whining to the teacher while everyone points and laughs.....

edit on 29-11-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Prezbo369

ChesterJohn

I just am amazed at how people read into things.

The OP is not about "Christianity bieng Oppressed" it is about a group that only pops up in the MSM on certain times to oppose acertain group while claiming to be against ALL Religions.

And that 'certain' group they are focusing on? the biggest group in the US by far (as my pic shows...)

One that has attempted to insert it's beliefs into schools, science, government, sex, peoples sexuality and marriage. The other groups? They generally haven't done these things, and even if they had it'd be dwarfed by the amount of attempted interference into peoples private lives committed by Christians.

As I said, you're going to have to get used to not being able to force your religion on everyone anymore, people like the group you mention and myself have no qualms about telling Christians exactly what we think about their religion and their beliefs.

Christianity is the biggest kid in the playground and has gotten used to pushing everyone around. But as with all bullies, they always end up with a bloody nose at some point and go whining to the teacher while everyone points and laughs.....

edit on 29-11-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

FFRF, Atheist and secular Humanist have the biggest influence on Schools, Science, Govt, Sex, people sexuality and marriage over Christians by and large that is why some are standing up for what they believe in.

Heck they are just doing what you are. So your both wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

FFRF, Atheist and secular Humanist have the biggest influence on Schools, Science, Govt, Sex, people sexuality and marriage over Christians by and large that is why some are standing up for what they believe in.

Yes! and thank the gods they do! (by 'they' I mean Secularism) If they didn't have a greater 'influence' over those things you list we'd still be living in the dark ages.

But Christians aren't just standing up for what they believe in, they're trying to get everyone else to stand up for what they (Christians) believe in. And although not everyone will admit it, we all know deep down that that wouldn't end very well for anyone.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Prezbo369

ChesterJohn

Yes! and thank the gods they do! (by 'they' I mean Secularism) If they didn't have a greater 'influence' over those things you list we'd still be living in the dark ages.

But Christians aren't just standing up for what they believe in, they're trying to get everyone else to stand up for what they (Christians) believe in. And although not everyone will admit it, we all know deep down that that wouldn't end very well for anyone.

A real true Christian does not have to condemn others because they don't believe what they share. It is immature, sinful and unrighteous to do so.

I have seen the organized church become this monstrosity that it is today, loveless and heartless at times. programs replace personal relationships with each other. Prayer and even worship songs are self centered rather than Centered on God.

I am sorry so many of these are muddying the waters of truth.

But once again we are off track down another rabbit hole.

Will FFRF ever admit they are not truly for Separation of Religion and State but really they just want Christianity silenced. The Day FFRF puts up a sign or files a suit against another Religion other than Christianity or one of its cults. That will be the day I will praise them.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

Will FFRF ever admit they are not truly for Separation of Religion and State but really they just want Christianity silenced. The Day FFRF puts up a sign or files a suit against another Religion other than Christianity or one of its cults. That will be the day I will praise them.

Who and what you consider to be real/true Christianity is irrelevant, every Christian I've ever encountered has condemned/dismissed great portions of the worlds Christian population.

I've given you a list of reasons as to why someone (such as FFRF) would focus mainly on Christianity. To evenly spread their focus on all the main worlds religions would be completely impractical, especially in the US where the majority of people are Christian.

There's no hate, no bigotry, just a group of people seeking equal rights. And if that worries you or scares you, well then like I previously said it's just something you're going to have to get used to.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Prezbo369

ChesterJohn

Who and what you consider to be real/true Christianity is irrelevant, every Christian I've ever encountered has condemned/dismissed great portions of the worlds Christian population.

I've given you a list of reasons as to why someone (such as FFRF) would focus mainly on Christianity. To evenly spread their focus on all the main worlds religions would be completely impractical, especially in the US where the majority of people are Christian.

There's no hate, no bigotry, just a group of people seeking equal rights. And if that worries you or scares you, well then like I previously said it's just something you're going to have to get used to.

So equality is what they want but they don't practice of equality when it comes to separation of Religion and State.

I feel for you but I have yet to condemn you. So it is not every one.

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary

BIGOTRY Bigotry /Big ot·ry/ n. [Cf. F. bigoterie.]
1. The state of mind of a bigot; obstinate and unreasoning attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.

Bigot /Big ot/ n. [F. bigot a bigot or hypocrite, a name once given to the Normans in France. Of unknown origin; possibly akin to Sp. bigote a whisker; hombre de bigote a man of spirit and vigor; cf. It. s-bigottire to terrify, to appall. Wedgwood and others maintain that bigot is from the same source as Beguine, Beghard.]

1. A hypocrite; esp., a superstitious hypocrite. [Obs.]

2. A person who regards his own faith or views in matters as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to his own church, party, belief, or opinion.

Bigoted /Big ot·ed/ a. Obstinately and blindly attached to some creed, opinion practice, or ritual; unreasonably devoted to a system or party, and illiberal toward the opinions of others.

Syn. Prejudiced; intolerant; narrow-minded.

Understanding these words in English give us the fact that not only are some of those Christians you mentioned bigots or bigoted so is FFRF and Atheist from these definitions.

And seeing your posts tend to fall into these definitions as well I would have to conclude that there is a possibility you may be a bigot.

edit on 30-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Why are you refusing to acknowledge that due to the fact that there are more Christians in the US than any other group (by a huge majority) any time focusing on the separation of religion and state would be logically more productive spent focusing on Christians and Christianity?

And seeing your posts tend to fall into these definitions as well I would have to conclude that there is a possibility you may be a bigot.

Funny, I'd like to see you try and justify that. But if bigotry is not accepting Christian practices being forced upon me and others, then sure, call me a bigot.

All this whining has given me an appitite for some cheese

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Prezbo369

Why are you refusing to acknowledge that due to the fact that there are more Christians in the US than any other group (by a huge majority) any time focusing on the separation of religion and state would be logically more productive spent focusing on Christians and Christianity?

Funny, I'd like to see you try and justify that. But if bigotry is not accepting Christian practices being forced upon me and others, then sure, call me a bigot.

All this whining has given me an appitite for some cheese

Here are some facts: There are

77 million Catholics (not true Christianity) in America
33 million true Christians in America
15 Million Chrsitian cult members Mormons, JW, ETC In America
145 million Muslims in America
5 million other religions in America
and 40 million Atheist, Humanists and Secularist (who have the biggest influence in society, school and govt).

So who really is in the majority here?

No, Bigotry is seen in your insistence in your posts that your narrow minded view is correct. That is what makes you seem like a bigot.

I have yet to see you or anyone else prove the FFRF has ever set up signs or file suits against any religion other than Christian. Thereby giving no credence to the cover of truly being for freedom From Religion. Religion being an all encompassing term for any and all religion when in fact they are just anti-christian religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

and 40 million Atheist, Humanists and Secularist (who have the biggest influence in society, school and govt).

LOL wow

You guys just never cease to amaze me, 150 million muslims in the US? really?

Facts and truth obviously mean very very little to you, your willing to spread lies and/or misinformation to get what you want. Is this what real Christians do?...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Prezbo369

ChesterJohn

LOL wow

You guys just never cease to amaze me, 150 million muslims in the US? really?

Facts and truth obviously mean very very little to you, your willing to spread lies and/or misinformation to get what you want. Is this what real Christians do?...

I got those stats from Operation World Outreach's 2013 Manual if they are wrong then it is their info not mine.

It seems according to OWO that the increase of Muslims in America over the last 8 years. and 145 million is not an unrealistic number. If you consider all the Muslims groups in the US. Farrakhan has one of the largest Muslim groups in the US they boast 45 million members nation wide.

It is not unrealistic seeing our nation has hit a 320 million legally recognized residential population, and it is said there are another 30 million illegal residents in the US.

So a population of 350 with less than half are Muslim of some sort is not unreal seeing that since 2001, 5 million Muslims were given asylum and citizenship from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Egypt, Somalia, and Lybia. You see our nations increased population is from immigration not birth.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
double post

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

oh my you were right I copied the wrong stat on that one it is 69 Million in America. My bad 145 is worldwide. the rest of the stats are correct.

edit on 1-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to [url= by ChesterJohn[/url]

You're still wrong by a massive margin, most sources put the muslim population of the US as around 2.5-3 million (less than 1% of the population).

This is what happens when you get all your information from Christian websites.....but the saddest part of this is that someone living in the US could possibly believe that half of the population was Islamic....education is the key here I think.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Prezbo369

You're still wrong by a massive margin, most sources put the muslim population of the US as around 2.5-3 million (less than 1% of the population).

This is what happens when you get all your information from Christian websites.....but the saddest part of this is that someone living in the US could possibly believe that half of the population was Islamic....education is the key here I think.

MOST sources my goodness you are only quoting wiki. Wiki isn't trust worthy either.

I think your math is correct, 69 million is not Half of the population.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

To correct my earlier post, Your math is incorrect 69 million is not half the population.

But once again you have successful derailed a thread and taken it down another rabbit trail away from the truth that FFRF is not anti religion but anti Christian.

They pick on ONE group of people and show forth their bigotry and hatred toward Christianity while hiding behind the banner of Freedom From Religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I explained to you why an atheist group in the US would logically focus mainly on Christians in the US due to the overwhelming majority of Christians living in the US.

You then replied with the lie that half of the population of the US were Muslims (you said 145 million remember?) and that most Christians in the US weren't real Christians and so the majority in the US were not Christians....

Then you spurted out the same lie you've been perpetuating throughout this poor excuse for a thread, that the group in question were unfairly focusing on Christians......dishonest to the last.

Any atheist group in the US focuses mainly on Christians as Christians affect their lives more than any other group. An atheist group in any country would focus primarily on the religion with the majority in that particular country.

The irony here is that 'real' Christians such as yourself do more harm to the religion than any other group could possibly achieve.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life puts the Muslim population of the US at 0.6% (+/- 0.6% margin of error; source). 69 million Muslims in the US = about 21.6% of the US population (source). Do you really think that's remotely close to being correct?

Edited to add that, for all that people bash Wikipedia, its articles are often pretty good starting places for research, since they (should) cite their source(s). You can then visit the source pages to evaluate the material for yourself. Wikipedia didn't make up that info on Muslims - it was compiled from other sources.

Edited again to add that Operation World puts the number of Christians in the US at 246,553,012 / 77.62% of the population and Evangelicals at 91,764,554 / 28.9% of the population (source)...
edit on 12/2/2013 by opopanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Prezbo369

I explained to you why an atheist group in the US would logically focus mainly on Christians in the US due to the overwhelming majority of Christians living in the US.

You then replied with the lie that half of the population of the US were Muslims (you said 145 million remember?) and that most Christians in the US weren't real Christians and so the majority in the US were not Christians....

Then you spurted out the same lie you've been perpetuating throughout this poor excuse for a thread, that the group in question were unfairly focusing on Christians......dishonest to the last.

Any atheist group in the US focuses mainly on Christians as Christians affect their lives more than any other group. An atheist group in any country would focus primarily on the religion with the majority in that particular country.

The irony here is that 'real' Christians such as yourself do more harm to the religion than any other group could possibly achieve.

Once again lets go down lying rabbit trails.

you are not doing anything but justifying their hatred of ONE group of people and most likely you are a hater just like them. Otherwise you would see the truth to the fact that the FFRF is not for freedom from all religions equally but a hate group against one religion in particular and that is Christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join