It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organization promoting religious freedom plans to deploy atheist billboards. AGAIN!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I know you're not. My enemy is all who seek to remove our essential rights and oppress us. Essentially, people who are responsible for this...

edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

I want anyone of you Atheist, who are currently discussing Christianity, Catholicism or Christian cults here, to show me where you openly oppose any other religion other than Christianity or the Christian cults. Link to them prove me wrong let us see it on you face book page or on an open private web page. That I await to see, and I will claim that I have never been so pleased to be proven wrong.

Take a quick look at the Religion, Faith, And Theology forums, count how many threads are made by Christians making Christian claims and then count all the threads made by members from any other religions and note of the huge amount of discrepancy.

Most members here on ATS are from the west, the largest and most influential religion in the west is Christianity, so it would come as a surprise to only the naive that they would receive the lions share of criticism.

So when a Christian calls wolf like this, playing the victim, again, nobody really gives a crap except other Christians.

But yeah if a member from any other religion posts on here making outrageous claims, they get called on them just like you poor Christians do. It's just Christians do it more often...
edit on 29-11-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

I was on my phone earlier, or I would have explained all that too. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i don't think the argument is phrased correctly. i believe in humans and in god. why should i have to choose? if i did'n't believe in humans, jesus would be tsk tsk-ing me, and if i didn't believe in god, same thing. i mean, he didn't come to die for chipmunks hehe)
edit on 29-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

then openly oppose Islam as you do Christianity start living by your philosophy of Freedom From Religion not just one religion but all of them.

I'll give you a better one. Get them to openly oppose Judaism.

Not gonna happen. In America, the only race you can speak poorly about is Caucasian. The only gender you can speak poorly about is male. The only sexual orientation you can speak poorly about is heterosexual.

And the only religion you can speak poorly about is Christian.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The way I see it, if you have a problem getting your neck chopped when you stick it out, stop sticking it out or get a thicker neck. If you're bruised or bleeding, maybe the problem isn't that we're criticizing you. Maybe we're criticizing you because you're bruised and bleeding and all you wanna do is cry because you'd rather we humor the flaw instead of fixing it.

Problems don't get solved by pretending they're the solution.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

it's hard not to write about it. the text it is partially based on spans 4000 years of written history and some older history than that, too. it has prophecy, miracles, anecdotes, life lessons, poetry, love stories, dramas, science, family problems, political intrigue, wars, floods, pharaohs, curses, blessings, plagues, masons, architects, gods, angels, bad guys, good guys, things coming down from the sky, things going up in the sky, things emerging from holes in the sky, dragons, unicorns, satyrs, sphinx, fiery chariots, wheels within wheels, kings, queens, princes, cloning, genetic manipulation, hybridization, doors to other dimensions, and etc!

it's probably the most interesting collection of books i have ever read..

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Nah. It was pretty boring for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by undo

Nah. It was pretty boring for me.

oh i find it fascinating and thought provoking on several levels. i also enjoy sumerian-akkadian texts, egyptian texts and european folklore. some of the oldest hindu texts are pretty interesting as well.

also inca texts are really quite interesting
edit on 29-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
also, i want to comment the idea of bringing subjects like this one up, regularly, is just adding to the hostility between the world views. this can only lead in one direction at its current trajectory. there's no way that people who have loved ones of either world view, will accept any harm coming to them, even if they don't share all the same or any of the same views as their loved ones. so all this back and forth hostility is going to do is making everyone miserable.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Prezbo369

ChesterJohn

I want anyone of you Atheist, who are currently discussing Christianity, Catholicism or Christian cults here, to show me where you openly oppose any other religion other than Christianity or the Christian cults. Link to them prove me wrong let us see it on you face book page or on an open private web page. That I await to see, and I will claim that I have never been so pleased to be proven wrong.

Take a quick look at the Religion, Faith, And Theology forums, count how many threads are made by Christians making Christian claims and then count all the threads made by members from any other religions and note of the huge amount of discrepancy.

Most members here on ATS are from the west, the largest and most influential religion in the west is Christianity, so it would come as a surprise to only the naive that they would receive the lions share of criticism.

So when a Christian calls wolf like this, playing the victim, again, nobody really gives a crap except other Christians.

But yeah if a member from any other religion posts on here making outrageous claims, they get called on them just like you poor Christians do. It's just Christians do it more often...
edit on 29-11-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

ATS is not the tell all of the fight.

this is a place of stealth and deception as well as truth and reality.

But try going to this groups site and see and verify this group is not anti-Christian only hiding under the misnomer of Anti-religion.

The west may be in your eyes predominant Christian nation but it is not, it is has higher numbers of secularism and humanism that Christianity.

This Post is not one of niavity as you would imply but one that maid true and accurate statement about the so called Atheist Group. Again claim to be Freedom from Religion but only choose one religion out of scores in which to oppose. Of this you readily agree which means you are not against religions but Christianity.

Show me where they are opposing daily prayers in NY and NJ when they block the flow of traffic to hold their afternoon prayers from the street?

Show me where they have opposed Hinduism or Buddhism?

Or even Scientology.

Stop hiding behind the defense that the "west is Christian" to justify your anti-christian hate behavior. what ever happen to live and let live?

This is not a thread about woe is me Christians this is about a group that lies through their teeth that they are anti-religion while opposing only one. They claim freedom only from Christianity and would not lift a finger to oppose any other religion in govt or schools. Show me where they on their website have opposed more than Christianity and I will concede.

Freedom from Religion is your typical hate group choosing to spread hate and lies and confusion of only one religion.

It is time to stand against HATERS if ALL creeds and FFRF is a HATE GROUP and so are they that agree with them

it is time we, whether Christian or not, stand against this HATE GROUP and the HATERS that fill its ranks.

They are bigots and liars and anyone who supports them is like them HATERS!
edit on 29-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Stop hiding behind the defense that the "west is Christian" to justify your anti-christian hate behavior. what ever happen to live and let live?

This is not a thread about woe is me Christians this is about a group that lies through their teeth that they are anti-religion while opposing only one. They claim freedom only from Christianity and would not lift a finger to oppose any other religion in govt or schools. Show me where they on their website have opposed more than Christianity and I will concede.

Freedom from Religion is your typical hate group choosing to spread hate and lies and confusion of only one religion.

It is time to stand against HATERS if ALL creeds and FFRF is a HATE GROUP and so are they that agree with them

it is time we, whether Christian or not, stand against this HATE GROUP and the HATERS that fill its ranks.

By all means, start a movement. Don't let us stop you. But I'll remind you that you're not allowed to recruit here, so I'd start elsewhere. Wouldn't want you to waste such productive energy on these forums.

Although I am curious...if this group, "Freedom From Religion", hated every other religion and philosophy but endorsed your own, would you be as upset as you are right now?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

adjensen

then openly oppose Islam as you do Christianity start living by your philosophy of Freedom From Religion not just one religion but all of them.

I'll give you a better one. Get them to openly oppose Judaism.

Not gonna happen. In America, the only race you can speak poorly about is Caucasian. The only gender you can speak poorly about is male. The only sexual orientation you can speak poorly about is heterosexual.

And the only religion you can speak poorly about is Christian.

Judaism is not even opposed by them as well. Many of them are the Occupy Wall Street types as well as some old hippy types who think the Jews are behind everything.

FFRF is a farce,a group of HATERS of Christians not all religion as they claim. They have to claim the freedom from religion cloak for their 501c,d,e, so they wont be identified as a HATE GROUP as they truly are.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

did you ever read the megathread here called ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME?
if not, you should. this would make more sense to you if you did.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

By all means, start a movement. Don't let us stop you. But I'll remind you that you're not allowed to recruit here, so I'd start elsewhere. Wouldn't want you to waste such productive energy on these forums.

Although I am curious...if this group, "Freedom From Religion", hated every other religion and philosophy but endorsed your own, would you be as upset as you are right now?

YES! I would still raise the fact of the lie and from here too, seeing this is a place to bring to light the lies of MSM and groups like FFRF who hide under cover of such HATE.

I don't believe you have to agree with me and my religion. But I would expect mutual respect of belief.

The FFRF Name would still not be true and they would still be liars if they dont oppose all religions equally and to that I oppose them.

They oppose Christianity in public schools and Govt offices while (by virtue of silence) allow Islam, Wicca, Scientology, Hinduism, Buddhism and other belief systems and practices to flourish and run free to be established.

If you are against Christian Prayer then you have to be equally against Wiccan prayer, Islamic Prayer or any prayer.

Did you know by allowing Muslims prayer rooms in our public and partially Taxpayer funded schools, and allowing them provision in govt offices that other religions are not afforded that it falls under a state sponsored religious activity. The same charge they bring up against Christians if they try to open a public PTA meeting prayer.

Deep down this is what angers me about the FFRF they are not equal in their practice of hatred or opposition of all Religions, they hate only Christian religions and there lay their very fault.

are you getting it now?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

undo

did you ever read the megathread here called ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME?
if not, you should. this would make more sense to you if you did.

Yes I have, and I wouldn't call a 4 page thread a Megathread.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The white, Christian, males doth protest too much, methinks.

You're all going to have to get used to the fact that you cannot force your religion on anyone anymore

give up the ghost

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I don't see how they are focused specifically on Christianity...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Prezbo369

The white, Christian, males doth protest too much, methinks.

You're all going to have to get used to the fact that you cannot force your religion on anyone anymore

give up the ghost

I just am amazed at how people read into things.

The OP is not about "Christianity bieng Oppressed" it is about a group that only pops up in the MSM on certain times to oppose acertain group while claiming to be against ALL Religions.

No one is claiming Christians are being opressed.

So you need to give up that ghost for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't see how they are focused specifically on Christianity...

Go to their site and click on publications everyone of their publications are anti-chrsitian not a one on anti-islam, anti-hindu, anti-buddhist, anti-wicca, anti-scientology, et al just Christianity

One such thing is a de-baptism certificate. Which I was thought was hillarious I laughed over it. because true baptism is a spiritual baptism into Christ and no mans writen paper can change that. I know people who were baptised but not saved.

I just want to see them be honest and fight other religions in Schools and Govt and truly be for the separation of religion and state as they claim. I as a Christian am all for that.

I beleive there should be a clear separation of church and state. But these guys are dishonest because the only religion they oppose as the Freedom from Religion is Christianity while all others have free run.

Atheist should be for Athisitic causes and Freedom from Religion under the guise of separation of Relgion and State is not their cause it is a Religious cause one that all religions should oppose.

But FFRF is nothing more than a bigotted hate group.

also look at their list of court cases too same thing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join