It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organization promoting religious freedom plans to deploy atheist billboards. AGAIN!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

all of that applies to Atheist and Religionist, saved and unsaved.

i.e. One person uses a gun wrong and it spoils it for the rest of us who use guns lawfully.
edit on 27-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by WarminIndy

But think about Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, the Amish school shooter...what should their justice be? The Amish forgave because that's what their commandment was, but does it change the fact that the man turned away from God?

If we truly believe we are victims' advocates, then shouldn't we believe in justice for them? Even if justice is a truly evil person being sent to hell for their murder and destruction and bringing hell on earth? Whose life is more worthy?

Those people deserve life in jail, perhaps the death penalty. But, NO ONE deserves Hell.

Then you fail to understand the character of God and what hell is all about.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by ChesterJohn

You need to fix those quotes.

the seventh time came out perfect

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Or maybe you fail to understand the definition of mercy. The clearest indicator of God's fraudulence is the incessant tendency to practice double standards. Either God is merciful, or God is vengeful. Make up your mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Or maybe you fail to understand the definition of mercy. The clearest indicator of God's fraudulence is the incessant tendency to practice double standards. Either God is merciful, or God is vengeful. Make up your mind.

context my friend context.

but have you not read, Roms 9:15-24

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It is not a double standard it is up to you and God will act accordingly to your choices.

But then again who are you and do you think you can stand against God and charge him with foolishness?

Read the book of Job his friends did that and because of that God's wrath was kindled against them. and if not for Job, a type of Christ, his so called friends would have been killed

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Kinda like Hitler. Its the choices we are expected to make that reveal his character. And your threats are nothing to me. If he destroys me, I win. Because as long as free will exists, I will prove that he cannot just have whatever he wants. To break me is to lose.
edit on 27-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Kinda like Hitler. Its the choices we are expected to make that reveal his character.

No God's Character is already revealed in Preserved word of God and you must study it and learn it for yourself and then apply it to your own life.

please choose your words carefully Mt 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

And you are just plain boring. I'll be laughing at you from hell, if it exists. I'd rather be there than your god's house. He sounds like a real douche.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

And you are just plain boring. I'll be laughing at you from hell, if it exists. I'd rather be there than your god's house. He sounds like a real douche.

I am not sure that you even have the right idea of my God seeing the scriptures quoted were out of context and without understanding.

Do some unbiased study of the preserved word of God and you can start a thread and invite me over I would love to see what you learn.

But if you do not want to learn it is your choice.

If you say there is not hell you better be sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If there is a hell, it is probably better than spending eternity in the presence of God. And I came to that realization by reading "the preserved word of God".

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
an atheist will go out of their way not to even mention god because to do so is to affirm the possibility that there is one or more.

OMG you're right!

God knows where you learnt this most seceret of atheist secrets

God damn it!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Tell me, what is Hell all about?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

windword

Tell me, what is Hell all about?

I will only use the scriptures to answer this and it is simple

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

It was not made for man originally but for the devil and the angels that followed him.

you will notice as you read the preserved Bible that God is just, as well as righteous, loving and mercy are his ways but he is a God of judgement as well. after making away for man who could not make his own way he is just in condemning those who do not accept the way of salvation he has made through his son Jesus Christ's death and resurrection.

So the place that was originally made for the devil will also hold the souls of unsaved men as well. Jesus said it is a place of torment and fire is not quenched and where a worm eats and is never filled. Other than what is says in scriptures I know of nothing else of it sorry.

I do wish such a place did not exist but I am a man and don't fully understand the ways of God. I can only know that which is revealed in his word.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

If there is a hell, it is probably better than spending eternity in the presence of God. And I came to that realization by reading "the preserved word of God".

I am not sure if you know what the preserved word of god is seeing you never quoted from it.

But the choice is yours you may go where you like.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I hope we can get back on track the OP is about the So Called Atheist group supporting separation of church and state but only targeting the Christian religion during Christmas.

This same group will not put up signs denying the prophet Mohamed or Allah.

Nor have they spoken out in separation of the state and Islam in America.

Truth would better be served if they said they support separation of Christianity and the state. But they hide behind the "freedom from religion" name instead of a more truthful one "freedom from Christianity". This groups has not once opposed any other religion than that of Christianity and Catholicism (which is not pure Christianity.)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ChesterJohn
I hope we can get back on track the OP is about the So Called Atheist group supporting separation of church and state but only targeting the Christian religion during Christmas.

This same group will not put up signs denying the prophet Mohamed or Allah.

Nor have they spoken out in separation of the state and Islam in America.

Really? you don't think the US isn't completely saturated and dominated by Christianity?

What world do you live in?

This Christian victim card gets played every xmas, and every xmas Christians forget what happened to people that were not in their gang 200 years ago.

You don't get to subjugate everyone to your chosen superstitions, not anymore...

edit on 27-11-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Atheism is one of the fastest growing religions in America.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration
Atheism is one of the fastest growing religions in America.

Dont define atheism as a religion, its a distinct lack and separation from religion.

Comparing it for any reason with any religion is quite rude.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Really? you don't think the US isn't completely saturated and dominated by Christianity?

If it was, abortion on demand would not be legal.

every xmas Christians forget what happened to people that were not in their gang 200 years ago

Two hundred years ago? 1813? We'd already had our first openly non-Christian POTUS by then.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Dont define atheism as a religion, its a distinct lack and separation from religion.

Comparing it for any reason with any religion is quite rude.

You might want to share that with these guys: Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world. With Sunday assemblies, complete with a defined liturgy, recommended songs and things to read, they sure seem like they have religious tendencies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join