It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum photographed a UFO last night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by objectman

The motion "seems" intelligent

According to the report there was no motion .

But this one star looked a bit different. I didn't get any feeling. It just looked different. Not moving

Here's a similar picture of Venus .

I tried to take a picture of Venus itself using my Coolpix camera set on “night portrait”, but, as evidenced by the photo below, I couldn’t hold the camera still enough. I think I need to cut back on my coffee intake.
allthingsreconsideredagain.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 26-11-2013 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So your Mum was cold when she took the pics as described,

Was she holding the camera?

She took a photo with zoom, slightest movements will give this effect.

She took a pic of a star or a planet with camera shake is my opinion from pics and description supplied.

direction and other minor details and you look up what was meant to be in the sky at the time,

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I've managed to upload the photos here (see first post). Maybe others recognise it as some kind of light anomaly above Perth. seems it was more like 10pm.

Its about that time now...

Well I cant see anything in they sky to the north of me because of the lights of the port; If you manage to see it again tonight, but slightly to the NW and lower on the horizon, I'm going maintain that its Jupiter.

ETA: So, I went back to look at your pics, because you claimed they were 1/50 of a second...

EXIF data states 1 second.
edit on 26-11-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hmm. Good points raised here. Probably a planet. The roof bugs me though as it's in perfect focus - suggesting a pretty static shot. Plus the blurred roof in the other shot should match the camera movement.

Well *Yawn* - it's off to bed for this tired little puppy. Got a LOT of assignments to mark tomorrow and it's wayyyy past my bedtime. Might pop out for another look, though. Chances of it happening again (if it was a "visitor") are very slim. But I'll sneak a peek . . .

'night kids.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
First off im a professional photographer. The 'light trails' are simply caused by camera shake while pressing the button to take the picture. This is because you hand held the camera using a shutter speed of 0.8 seconds (autopicked by the camera to compensate for the dark picture).

The reason the blurriness on the rooftop doesnt match the camera shake is because it was captured briefly during the flash from the camera the very first moment you pressed the button and lasts for less than 1/10th of the entire exposure. This also explains why the roof isnt very defined, after the flash fired the other 90% (or more) of the exposure for the roof was total darkness. So the result is a very undefined and dark rooftop.

edit on 26-11-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's kind of reminiscent of the Kumburgaz UFO, although those sightings were nearly all night vision.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

SirDrinksalot
I think she was looking at Uranus - a marvellous sight in the night sky.

It's pretty dark, so I am not sure you actually can see it.

Where the sun don't shine, and all.

Darn drunks.. gotta keep your eyes on them or they breed like 26 bottles of beer on the wall.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

First picture shutter speed is 0.8 seconds so the camera moved it's simple!
Also the flash fired that's the reason for the way the roof tiles look!!

Which backs up what PhoenixOD has said.

Image Description [0x010E] =
Camera Make [0x010F] = Canon
Camera Model [0x0110] = Canon PowerShot A490
Picture Orientation [0x0112] = normal (1)
X-Resolution [0x011A] = 180/1 ===> 180
Y-Resolution [0x011B] = 180/1 ===> 180
X/Y-Resolution Unit [0x0128] = inch (2)
Last Modified Date/Time [0x0132] = 2013:11:25 00:41:57
Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) [0x0213] = co-sited / datum point (2)

EXIF Sub IFD

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) [0x829A] = 8/10 second ===> 1/1.25 second ===> 0.8 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop [0x829D] = 58/10 ===> ƒ/5.8
ISO Speed Ratings [0x8827] = 500
EXIF Version [0x9000] = 0221
Original Date/Time [0x9003] = 2013:11:25 00:41:57
Digitization Date/Time [0x9004] = 2013:11:25 00:41:57
Components Configuration [0x9101] = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
Compressed Bits per Pixel [0x9102] = 3/1 ===> 3
Shutter Speed Value (APEX) [0x9201] = 10/32
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/1.24 second
Aperture Value (APEX) [0x9202] = 162/32
Aperture = ƒ/5.78
Exposure Bias (EV) [0x9204] = 0/3 ===> 0
Max Aperture Value (APEX) [0x9205] = 162/32 ===> 5.06
Max Aperture = ƒ/5.78
Metering Mode [0x9207] = pattern / multi-segment (5)
Flash [0x9209] = Flash fired, auto mode
edit on 26-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Very interesting! I live in perth also and a couple months ago spotted a ufo i look in the same spot almost everynight but havent sighted it since which is kind of disappointing.. What i saw was a very big glowing orb, just kinda hovering in the distance, theres a big palm tree where it was so i knew exactly the spot from the way 2 branches were sitting im in armadale so we see heaps of planes going around here too land at the airport and one came under it and as it approached it dimmed its light right down, i know it wasnt a cloud blocking whatever it was because it was a really clear night anyway soon as the plane flew by it was back too really bright again.. I tried to get a pic with my iphone but no luck if i zoomed it was distorted and without zoom it didn't even show up! It couldnt have been a star because it hasn't been in that spot or around it since and it was the strangest glow and a star cant just dim itself when a planes approaching..

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Shana91aus
Very interesting! I live in perth also and a couple months ago spotted a ufo i look in the same spot almost everynight but havent sighted it since which is kind of disappointing.. What i saw was a very big glowing orb, just kinda hovering in the distance, theres a big palm tree where it was so i knew exactly the spot from the way 2 branches were sitting im in armadale so we see heaps of planes going around here too land at the airport and one came under it and as it approached it dimmed its light right down, i know it wasnt a cloud blocking whatever it was because it was a really clear night anyway soon as the plane flew by it was back too really bright again.. I tried to get a pic with my iphone but no luck if i zoomed it was distorted and without zoom it didn't even show up! It couldnt have been a star because it hasn't been in that spot or around it since and it was the strangest glow and a star cant just dim itself when a planes approaching..

What if the light of the aircraft was brighter than say a star, the star would look fainter then once the aircraft went past the star would appear to get brighter in relative terms to your eyes.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Looks to me like an LED drone/childs RC kite or balloon most likely. Move along.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
First off im a professional photographer. The 'light trails' are simply caused by camera shake while pressing the button to take the picture. This is because you hand held the camera using a shutter speed of 0.8 seconds (autopicked by the camera to compensate for the dark picture).

The reason the blurriness on the rooftop doesnt match the camera shake is because it was captured briefly during the flash from the camera the very first moment you pressed the button and lasts for less than 1/10th of the entire exposure. This also explains why the roof isnt very defined, after the flash fired the other 90% (or more) of the exposure for the roof was total darkness. So the result is a very undefined and dark rooftop.

edit on 26-11-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

nice explanation...and one that I believe more than OP's UFO story....most of the time a rose is simply a flower, until it is romanticized through illustrative language.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join