It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Refusal will result in a Racial Discrimination note being attached to your child's educational re

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Rosha

I personally would not take any document as such seriously when written in comic sans font. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I'm all for letting my child go on a field trip to learn about other cultures and religions but threatening them if they don't go is uncalled for. To label a child a racist simply because they can't or won't go is insane. What idiot at the school/school board thought up this obviously moronic rule?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
WOW, I thought Americas schools were screwed up. We got nothing on you guys. That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Label the child for life , because the parents opt out of a particular program. Talk about intimidation on the schools part.

Least our kids dont get gunned down at school
edit on 26-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Biigs

Yeah.. right... Keep on with that US is worse than UK thing. It's forgetting that the US and UK have worked hand in glove, shoulder to shoulder in developing the tech, the systems, the facilities and the daily operations of intelligence gathering, world wide since at least the early days of World War II.

In some very real ways, the US and UK really are just a letter difference, and a distinction without meaning at that. Swap GCHQ for NSA and maybe the technology is a little cheesier in England, but nothing else changes in any material way.

Im sorry to disagree bings is right the US police are far more intimidating than british police.

Not saying the uk isnt as bad in other things but your police force is way a head of the uk :/

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So are these tactics an attempt to lower the costs for the States, by decreasing the number of children attending public schools?

It seems it is forcing parents to either send their children to private schools or to home school. It used to be frowned upon when children were home schooled, but I must say i am extremely impressed with the degree of discipline, respect, and education I have noticed in the children of my friends that home school their children. All of them are quite intelligent and can hold remarkably stimulating and brilliant conversations when I talk with them, deliberately testing how well they are they are learning using a home schooling curriculum.

Granted my friends that home school provide good support and supervision for their children, but they don't stand over them every second, and they are single parents and working parents. How they pull it off is amazing, but it has always been amazing how some single mothers have been able to pull off successfully raising and educating their children throughout the years. The power of a paren'ts love, sacrifice and dedication can truly move mountains.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That's some bald-faced blackmail right there. They aren't even bothering to hide it.
I hope the outrage comes to a head and the school answers for themselves.
...Oh, I read in another comment that the situation was resolved. Good to know!

edit on 26-11-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wait, it is okay to have close minded children?

Last time I check teaching was about opening up the eyes and mind of children to the world.

Like how the world isn't flat, there was no jew carpenter zombie, when it rains here it isn't raining everywhere and such.

What is the rub?

You a bigot? Racist? Just don't have the stones to admit it?

Derek

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Viesczy
Wait, it is okay to have close minded children?

Last time I check teaching was about opening up the eyes and mind of children to the world.

Like how the world isn't flat, there was no jew carpenter zombie, when it rains here it isn't raining everywhere and such.

What is the rub?

You a bigot? Racist? Just don't have the stones to admit it?

Derek

Do you realize how morose your statement is?

You are calling people bigots for not agreeing with Islam i the exact same post that you make fun of Christianity.

Im not calling you a moron....just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

ArchAngel_X

I personally would not take any document as such seriously when written in comic sans font. Just saying.

I would generally agree with that statement, especially if the OP simply found this somewhere on the Internet.

That being said, my kids school sends home similar letters in this font all the time. Not similar as in ridiculous content, but in a general letter to all parents about a notification.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Stupid crazy school. Someone explain to me how not having their kid participate in a Religious exploration somehow translates into Racial Discrimination? I never knew that Religion was really Race based. Should have gone to more public schools I guess........

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

More Marxism?

Better agree with the state or we'll call you a nasty name and your peers will hate you.

More coercion.
edit on 26-11-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wow, this is insane.

Take this to the news and get this story seen and heard before this becomes the norm. Let the news stations question this. Seriosuly? racist because you do not want your child to learn about other religions, and then subject to an invetigation.

Once it becomes the norm for you over there we will have the US schools trying the same thing, although they really are not that far behind. These times get scarier by the minute.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

damwel
How else do you deal with moronic parents. This is education, not indoctrination. It's part of the kids education to learn about other belief systems apparently. I just don't know how to deal with backwards, imbecilic folks who damage their children in the name of hating "those" people.

It is the choice of the parents.

Who cares if you think they are moronic?

"People won't do what I want them to do, so I will browbeat them into doing it."

How is that not despotic??

Is there something wrong with children learning about other cultures? No.

Is there something wrong with schools using coercion against parents? YES.

The Stalins and Hitlers of the world need to be stuck on an island and nuked.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

I agree. There is nothing that indicates that parents who object to coercion are against cultural awareness. That's as silly as saying that disinterest in religion is racist.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalSolace

it has more to do with private property rights, and that being a very sacred right, Vs a residing Corporate State Owned Entity on issuance of a social security number.

Seems they can use a bit of "no religion in the classroom" over there about now? But if their parents choose to let them go offsite for a field trip then...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dear Mrs Small:

I'll get over it,it's my child's choice,not yours.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

CIAGypsy

ArchAngel_X

I would generally agree with that statement, especially if the OP simply found this somewhere on the Internet.

That being said, my kids school sends home similar letters in this font all the time. Not similar as in ridiculous content, but in a general letter to all parents about a notification.

This was a blog post by a journalist from the Telegraph. Not that this constitutes sound reporting but the letter is legit, it was sent out to parents and there have been many reply's online to his post and to the school directly.

edit on 27-11-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Is this real or a hoax??

Is this "Real" World or Simulation??
edit on 27-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

damwel
How else do you deal with moronic parents. This is education, not indoctrination. It's part of the kids education to learn about other belief systems apparently. I just don't know how to deal with backwards, imbecilic folks who damage their children in the name of hating "those" people.

Well I can tell you one thing, that threatening parents and the future of their kids, isn't the best way of enlisting their support. It doesn't even rank among 'useful' ways. Threats, like this one hit the core of a parents primal instinct and they also open the school to legal action that will only take more funds and focus away from kids education.

Beyond that, threats are an indoctrination attempt in themselves. " Do this or xyz" in the manner of this letter isn't about impressing parental responsibility or teaching consequences, its about one person or a school system that has prejudged parents, wishes to pre-criminalize kids and is using fear to bully people into non consensual submission to the schools authority. I figure that if I am going to allow myself to be bullied into non con submission to authority then the least the school can do is give out the whole 50 shades experience. :/

Yet 'real world' speaking, even in lifestyles where this kind of power dynamic is taken to a fine art, mutual consent is still #1 and sacrosanct as an ethic and in this letter, that Right to say no and/or disagree without harm or retaliation -a Human Right btw- is being shat on. If we ignore all these 'little sh*ts' in allowing ourselves to be distracted from that being the real issue, then we will have no chance of undermining the 'big sh*ts'.

It looks like the parents at this school have rallied in any case which is fantastic news. The principle now apologising and umming and ahhing about their hands not knowing what their feet are doing.

A good result and good example of people as media in action compelling accountability in the right moment.

Ro.

edit on 27-11-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Is this real or a hoax??

Is this "Real" World or Simulation??
edit on 27-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

I had to check twice too. Its real sadly. This letter was sent to parents of 8 yr old at the school listed on the form.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join