It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare...today was the day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

If you have been paying medicare/medicaid/social security taxes from your paycheck every week - like I have been doing since I was 14 years old - I am now 50 years old - and I have an "accident" that renders me disabled - I HAVE PAID FOR IT MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!

Sorry for yelling - and don't add that whole "social security/medicaid/medicare is an entitlement" bull# that liberals speak when I have paid a fortune into it over 40 years of paying taxes in the US.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

DirtyD
reply to post by gariac

What does Bush have to do with Obama awarding a no-bid contract to his wife's college roommate?

You do know what no-bid means right? It means no other company bid on the contract, like Haliburton in Iraq.

But yeah, it's Bush's fault the website doesn't work.

I state once again, the contract was ID/IQ. Bush awarded the ID/IQ contract for HHS. Have you actually read up on this or did someone just tell you it was no-bid.

Once again, I clearly showed you that ID/IQ contracts are quite routine. I gather you didn't bother to go to fbo.gov and verify this.

Last I checked, Bush's programming skills were kind of wanting. This is a man who talked about "the google." But his administration picked the firm that did the programming.

Now should Obama have cancelled the contract assuming anything Bush was bad. Hell yes.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
no changes

This is the image showing no changes. ATS does some additional compression, so it looks kind of poor. but you can read that my plan is grandfathered.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

They used a ID/IQ that was approved by the Bush administration. To get the ID/IQ, you have to bid for it, so at one time it went to bid. Now how exactly George W Bush new to give to to friend of Michelle is a good question. ;-)

Sloppy investigation on your part.
The contract for that website for obamacare was won in 2011 by a company that had many US Government Contracts.

According to USASpending.gov, CGI Federal got a total of $678 million for various services under the contract — including the $93.7 million Healthcare.gov job, which CGI Federal won over three other companies in late 2011.

According to a June report from the Government Accountability Office, a total of 55 contractors were retained to work on the rollout of the federal health-care marketplace.

Some people think that the system was underfunded: Donald Berwick, who administered the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in 2010 and 2011, says the site failed because they didn't have enough money to build it from the start.

www.washingtonpost.com...
How Much Money Did The American Tax Payer Get Stuck Paying These Loser's?
By The Way,,, I didn't Read Bush's name any where in that report.
Bush wasn't the President when your Dear Leader obama made The Obamacare Push on America.
It's His Big Failure, Not Bush's, Put The Blame Where It belongs, On Obama!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

gariac
no changes

This is the image showing no changes. ATS does some additional compression, so it looks kind of poor. but you can read that my plan is grandfathered.

What is says is, you'll see No Significant Changes in Cost or Services.
It Did Not Say, You'd See No,,, Changes in Cost or Services.
You need to what until you've seen your actual new contract.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Right in the proof it says most people with individual and family coverage will be experiencing changes.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is a blanket blurb explaining a grandfathered contract. I would say that's about a solid C on the proof scale. I would caution you that you idea of "no significant change" and the insurance company's idea may be two very different things.

But I am confused even more now. Are you saying you received the new policy contract and nothing changed or you received an offer letter that vaguely provides information concerning a new policy contract?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

200Plus
This is a blanket blurb explaining a grandfathered contract. I would say that's about a solid C on the proof scale. I would caution you that you idea of "no significant change" and the insurance company's idea may be two very different things.

But I am confused even more now. Are you saying you received the new policy contract and nothing changed or you received an offer letter that vaguely provides information concerning a new policy contract?

What part of "grandfathered" do you not understand? No new policy, just a new bill. Same plan number, same subscriber number, same cost as last quarter, just a fresh bill which I then paid. Again, they are making money. There is no need to kick me off my plan because that would give me an excuse to find another provider. That is bad for business! I've been with them for over a decade. Trust me, I bought them a midsize Lexus if you add all the bills together.

Did you ever try to cancel a cable TV contract? As soon as you do, you are routed to the "customer retention" department. A company makes money by getting new customers and retaining old customers. Turning away customers is bad for business.

I suspect my PPO probably exceeds the ACA, which is why they can still sell it. The ACA means you can't get junk insurance that is worthless. You actually have to be covered. The idea is to prevent people from going bankrupt once they discover the junk insurance is .... well... JUNK!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

TKDRL

Right in the proof it says most people with individual and family coverage will be experiencing changes.

Did you notice the word "grandfathered?"

I have individual coverage. My plan was grandfathered. If I had a family plan, it would be grandfathered too. The plans had to be in place at a certain date in 2010. This is stated in the ACA.

Now these plans are not available for new subscribers. It is possible if you had a company insurance plan, your employer, NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANY, may not want to manage employees with different plans. That is, they would have to maintain a two tiered system. Then you would have to get a new plan, but nothing says it will be worse than the old plan. Or you can just ask your employer not to be a jerk.

I know a number of people with Kaiser that are grandfathered as well. Nobody I know personally has been kicked off their plan. This is not to say 0.6% of the public is insignificant when the base is over 300 million.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

guohua

gariac
no changes

What is says is, you'll see No Significant Changes in Cost or Services.
It Did Not Say, You'd See No,,, Changes in Cost or Services.
You need to what until you've seen your actual new contract.

No changes. Bill has been paid.

I know you want to believe there is a problem, but there isn't one.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Here it is from that sleazy Washington Examimer right wing rag:

Instead, it appears they used what amounts to a federal procurement system loophole to award the work to the Canadian firm. CGI was one of 16 companies that had been qualified by HHS during President George W. Bush's second term to deliver, without public competition, a variety of hardware, software and communication products and services.

wing nut newspaper

Hint: George W. Bush != Barack Obama

Yes, ID/IQ is without bid. If you don't like it, you are free to spit on Ronald Reagan's grave. What the Washington Examiner isn't telling you is ID/IQ is very common in government spending. That was why I suggested people look at fbo dot gov and see for themselves rather than depend on screaming talking heads and yellow journalism.

Here is a clear example of ID/IQ. A base needs paving. They do not want to go to the bidding process every time they need to pave a road. So a company gets an ID/IQ contract. When the base needs paving, that company gets the contract without bidding. However, the original ID/IQ contract was subject to bidding. Capiche?

Ronald Reagan dramatically changed the bidding process. The idea under the Reagan administration was to have fewer companies do more. Presumably fewer government employees would be required. This lead to the government services companies like Bectel, expanded EG&G, etc. When the companies had to do more services, what they did was buy other companies so as to add to their capabilities.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

gariac

DirtyD
reply to post by gariac

What does Bush have to do with Obama awarding a no-bid contract to his wife's college roommate?

You do know what no-bid means right? It means no other company bid on the contract, like Haliburton in Iraq.

But yeah, it's Bush's fault the website doesn't work.

I state once again, the contract was ID/IQ. Bush awarded the ID/IQ contract for HHS. Have you actually read up on this or did someone just tell you it was no-bid.

Once again, I clearly showed you that ID/IQ contracts are quite routine. I gather you didn't bother to go to fbo.gov and verify this.

Last I checked, Bush's programming skills were kind of wanting. This is a man who talked about "the google." But his administration picked the firm that did the programming.

Now should Obama have cancelled the contract assuming anything Bush was bad. Hell yes.

you can't be serious.

bush? lol!

this is all on obama and the dems.

3-600mil $$$? really?
michelle's girlfriend is the biggie and besides, cgi is being investigated for fraud in the uk.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Also in your article is this:

Between 2009 and 2013, CMS officials awarded 185 separate task orders to CGI totaling $678 million for work of all kinds, according to USAspending.gov, a federal spending database.The Obamacare website design contract was for $93 million

washingtonexaminer.com...
Who's the POTUS between 2009 to present? Bush had nothing to do with ACA or CGI getting the contract.
CGI had other contracts with the Federal Government and has had then for Years.
How far back you might ask,,,, Before Bush!

CGI owns another company called Silver Oak Solutions (SOS) which specializes in business construction platforms which take advantage of large government contracts. Seemingly innocuous until you look into what SOS controls under their proprietary development.

Through the development of its own proprietary Spend Management offerings called PRISM®, [SOS] grew from under $1 million in revenue in 1999 to over $23 million in 2005. During this period, Silver Oak Solutions emerged as the pioneer and clear market leader in the government / public sector, which represents a $100 billion total market opportunity.

Obama Web Program
You really need to get more sources for your news other than NPR and Huff and NSNBC and those Comedy news shows.
Following Obama and Progressive Liberalism will destroy your brain and eat out your soul.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by gariac

You ought to go on the news or something.

I think you're the first person this has happened to. Everyone else got hosed as far as we've seen so far.

Nope I know of 56000 plus here in Ohio that didn't even see a change in their insurance. State of ohio employees.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Ronald Reagan dramatically changed the bidding process. The idea under the Reagan administration was to have fewer companies do more. Presumably fewer government employees would be required. This lead to the government services companies like Bectel, expanded EG&G, etc. When the companies had to do more services, what they did was buy other companies so as to add to their capabilities.

Where do you make this S$hit Up From!

In 1955, Dwight Eisenhower formally promulgated policy stating that, “the
Federal government will not start or carry out any commercial activity to provide a
service or product for its own use if such a product or service can be procured from
private enterprise through ordinary business channels (Bureau of the Budget,
1955).” In response, the Bureau of the Budget in 1967 issued Circular A-76, requiring all federal agencies to review their activities, examine their expense, and transfer to the private sector any function that could
safely be performed at a lower cost. In 1979, President Carter ordered to Office of Management and Budget (the Bureau of the Budget’s successor) to strictly define procedures for completing cost comparisons between public and private functions.
Since then, the A-76 progress has been revised several times. In 1983, President Reagan took this concept one step further by requiring federal agencies to complete bids to do a particular job, just like private sector firms. The contract would go to the lowest bidder. In doing this, Reagan reduced
the government to one buyer amongst a sea of competitors with the stated goal of
“getting the government off private enterprises’ back.” The Reagan and George
H.W. Bush administrations praised the A-76 process, with its revisions, touting
$696 million in savings from 1981-1987.

The Presidency

You Really need to get off the "I Hate All Past Republican Presidents " kick.
Your Good Buddy Obama will not be remembered as one of our Great Presidents, more than likely we'll be remembered as the Great Divider of Our Once Great Nation! The Food Stamp King More Than Likely!

OP and MODS: Sorry for being so for off topic, but some people have their Facts Wrong and uniformed people need to know the TRUTH,,, No Obamas TRUTH!
guohua

edit on 27-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You left out the part about consolidating contracts and the ID/IQ. Reagan did that.

If you tour the Nevada Test Site, they run a video while you are on the tour bus making the drive from Vegas. That video was done during the Reagan administration specifically to aid vendors in the new consolidated contracts. All the individual vendors lost contracts. Bechtel was the winner.

I don't make stuff up.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

CGI had other contracts with the Federal Government and has had then for Years. How far back you might ask,,,, Before Bush!

Spin all you want. The Bush administration granted CGI the ID/IQ. I picked the disgusting looney tune stinking to high heaven Washington Examiner so the tea baggers and neocons wouldn't think I'm a liar, but I guess that plan didn't work. I could have quoted MSNBC, Huff Post, or a dozen other mainstream news sources on that fact, but I picked a right wing editorial masquerading as news just to point out who granted the contract. Even the sleaze bags at the Washington Examiner had to fess up that it was Bush's fault.

Now they could have put the ACA website out to bid rather than go the ID/IQ route. But CGI would be a qualified bidder. So would a dozen "women owned" and "veteran owned" companies that use such status to get preferential treatment. It is a crap shoot. You can put it out to bid and get a company worse than a CGI, SAIC, etc.

Note the Obama campaign IT ran like a Swiss clock. They didn't have to deal with how the government purchases custom software. They just hired the best and brightest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join