It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare...today was the day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

gariac
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The vast majority of people have no issues with the ACA. Sure a person here or there has an issue and holds their breath and stomps their foot then does a Facebook rant, but that is not, I repeat, is not a scientific study of the problem. Anecdotal evidence is a case study, not a statistic.

X number of people will eat at a McDonalds, and maybe a few get a foreign substance in their fries. The person rightfully complaining "There was a roach in my fries and I'm not talking about a joint" does have a legitimate complaint, but the problem is not statistically significant if X is in the millions.

The problem with numbers where Obamacare is concerned is that THEY KEEP CHANGING. They quote a number, then say Ooops! Then they quote another number and Ooops! again. Then we have the promises of keeping your plan, keeping your doctor, making it affordable, etc. Lies. How can anyone believe anything they spit out at this point. Seriously? I am really not trying to be hard to get along with, I am just on the opposite side of your good news and most stories I see leave others in the same predicament I am in.

Even Boehner couldn't escape the rise in cost.... www.foxnews.com...

Of course he can afford his jump in premiums but a lot of people aren't so fortunate.

No it is't happening to everyone.... but if it were happening to you then it would be a bigger deal to you.
edit on 11/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

gariac
reply to post by Fingersoup

He/she is expressing their very egocentric view that because it didn't affect them it really isn't a big deal and can't see why other people are making a fuss about it. Totally ignoring the fact that regardless if it saved them money and offered tremendous service that it is still a program that enables the government to take over the health care system and forces people to buy a product that they don't want - a very dangerous precedent.

Funny, I am required to have insurance to drive a car. I also need to register that car.

OK, now in some states you can post a bond instead of purchase insurance. Regarding registering your car, you can declare yourself sovereign and make your own license plate, but don't blame me when you get cited.

I wouldn't have an issue if these people that don't want the ACA would put say $500k on deposit with the feds or hand over the title to an asset worth about the same. We need a way for these freeloaders to pay their bills, rather than the cost of these freeloaders being passed on to me. Perhaps you don't believe in individual responsibility, but I do.

First of all, car insurance is not compulsory as you do not have to own a car. I lived in NYC for seven years, the entire time I was there I did not own a car, or have car insurance.

Second, I love how the liberals go around trying to claim they have a monopoly on compassion while at the same time calling the uninsured "free loaders", and it's not just you, it's the talking heads in the media parroting the same line. So essentially what you're doing here is regurgitating some BS you saw on CNN or MSNBC. Try critical thinking for a change.

I haven't had health insurance since I left college over a decade ago, and you know what happens on the rare occasion when I have to see a doctor? I pay. And you know what? I often pay less when I tell them I don't have insurance. I paid $50 for some blood tests that would have cost close to $200 if the bill was going to an insurance company. How do I know this? Because the lady who did the tests wrote out on a manifest what each test cost, handed me a copy, and told me when the bill came to include her copy of the manifest and only pay the total she supplied. And that's what I did. So take your ignorant "freeloader" rhetoric elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Dear gariac,

That study may put you in an awkward position, besides the fact that it was written by a group that supported and pushed for Obama's plan from the start.

The difficulty with that study is that it is massively contradicted by Obama's Department of Health and Human Services report, that estimated that about 93 million Americans would lose their coverage by the time the act was fully implemented and the employers had to comply. There's an article explaining it here.
HHS report. 93 million cancellations.
It does seem as though the study you were relying on is so flawed as to be worthless.

May I ask again if you have any numbers on how many people have tried to enroll in an Obamacare plan, and how many have actually gone through all the steps and obtained it? Without those numbers, I'm afraid your position has little support.

With respect,
Charles1952

edit on 26-11-2013 by charles1952 because: Signature

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
My day was last week. My family plan, which I've had for years now with almost no changes in the premium, went up $200 a month. Not much to some, but in our situation enough to break us. So we had to drop the insurance that has served us very well and move to a "high deductible" plan.

We'll see how it works out for us... Needless to say we are highly upset.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

gariac

TKDRL
reply to post by gariac

Mind giving sources on your scientific evidence stating "The vast majority of people have no issues with the ACA"? Or are you just stating anecdotal evidence yourself?

The analysis found that only 0.6 percent of people under age 65 are at risk of losing their individual plan and having to pay higher premiums for coverage approved by the Affordable Care Act, according to Families USA, the consumer health advocacy group that issued the study.

ACA stats

There ya go. These complaints remind me of those videos of earthquake damage. The news shows you the buildings that were effected, but don't show all the buildings that rode out the quake just fine.

Maybe you should tell The Rest Of The Story, Don't you think, instead of picking what supports Obama in your eyes.

Acknowledging that the study was an effort to counter a steady stream of bad publicity for the administration about canceled policies, Families USA Executive Director Ron Pollack added that 1.5 million people possibly losing insurance and paying more for new coverage is "not trivial."

But, he said, "it's important to keep a perspective ... that number is a tiny fraction of the 65 million nonelderly people with pre-existing conditions who will get coverage under the Affordable Care Act."

www.cnbc.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.cnbc.com...
Your source is CNBC,,No Bias there.
Even though this as been explian to you and other's Over and Over Again, you seem to fail to understand, Your Dear Leader Knew This Was Going To Happen and It Did and He Did Nothing To Stop It From Putting Americans Families Current Health care In Jeopardy.
He was aware of the problem at least 3 years ago, did he Care, NO!

President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.

investigations.nbcnews.com...
Your health care coverage hasn't changed? No increase in premiums?
I have B C / B S a PPO Cadillac plan, we use it as we travel to China, Vietnam and Russia. I'm a retired
F L E O and my health care is Really Grandfathered in if I don't change right now because it Open Season for us, I've been informed my premiums will increase $9. a month this year, Yes, I can live with that.
But, you need to remember what you've been told.

edit on 26-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I know it may be difficult, but could you scan or take a photograph of your letter? I think the American people need to actually see from real people these letters.

If you need to, just take a photo and cover up any personal information with paper. I'm sure there are other ATS members willing to help you figure out how to accomplish that.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I asked the same thing earlier. I even asked him/her to redact all private info.

Their response was it was against ATS rules to reveal private info.

Long story short......... there is no letter.

This is a blatant attempt by a liberal fanboy/fangirl to come to the defense of King Obama with more lies and emotional drivel.

If I am proven wrong I will apologize forthwith.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

gariac

Funny, I am required to have insurance to drive a car. I also need to register that car.

OK, now in some states you can post a bond instead of purchase insurance. Regarding registering your car, you can declare yourself sovereign and make your own license plate, but don't blame me when you get cited.

I wouldn't have an issue if these people that don't want the ACA would put say $500k on deposit with the feds or hand over the title to an asset worth about the same. We need a way for these freeloaders to pay their bills, rather than the cost of these freeloaders being passed on to me. Perhaps you don't believe in individual responsibility, but I do.

First of all, I don't have to even own a car; I didn't get much choice about being born. Second, just because someone isn't interested in Obamacare doesn't make them a freeloader. I pay my doctor bills in cash and nobody has to subsidize one red cent. I don't get the tyrannical little liberal minds that believe helping people somehow involves punishing them too.

edit on 26-11-2013 by TruthSeekerMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

DirtyD
reply to post by gariac

Dear God you are deluded. Do you really think that the government conforms to any rule or law when it comes to the bidding process on major contracts!?

The ACA website was a NO-BID CONTRACT that went directly to Michelle Obama's college roommate.

You are obviously trying to peddle an agenda, and failing miserably.

They used a ID/IQ that was approved by the Bush administration. To get the ID/IQ, you have to bid for it, so at one time it went to bid. Now how exactly George W Bush new to give to to friend of Michelle is a good question. ;-)

There are 76 ID/IQ contracts on fbo.gov over the last 90 days. Feel free to do a little research and take a look. Go here
fbo.gov
then enter id/iq in the keyword box.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

TruthSeekerMike

gariac

First of all, I don't have to even own a car; I didn't get much choice about being born. Second, just because someone isn't interested in Obamacare doesn't make them a freeloader. I pay my doctor bills in cash and nobody has to subsidize one red cent. I don't get the tyrannical little liberal minds that believe helping people somehow involves punishing them too.

edit on 26-11-2013 by TruthSeekerMike because: (no reason given)

Do you have a couple of hundred $K handy for a life saving operation? If not, will you either show up to an ER and stick them with the bill, or will you just sit back and die. How much you do believe in your dogma?

Again, I may sound redundant, but clearly some people are confused about the nature of insurance. It is a shared risk. Everybody pays in, and those that need it, get help.

This is America. We take care of our own. But there is plenty of free land to squat on in Somalia if you want to live free or die. Hint: small arms may be required. I suggest 7.62mm rounds for ease of acquisition.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I asked the same thing earlier. I even asked him/her to redact all private info.

Their response was it was against ATS rules to reveal private info.

Long story short......... there is no letter.

This is a blatant attempt by a liberal fanboy/fangirl to come to the defense of King Obama with more lies and emotional drivel.

If I am proven wrong I will apologize forthwith.

I am not going to post my personal information from an insurance company on the internet. I don't care about your insults, which are also against ATS policy. Call me a liar, I can take it. But trust me, I am paying the exact amount I paid last quarter on the same policy.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I am not calling you liar. A shill yes, but not a liar. I never asked for you personal information and you would have to be a fool to post it as I would have to be an #&$^% to ask for it. I assume that neither of those are the case.

Let's put this in perspective.

You say you have no changes to your policy and policy cost. You provide no proof. You say "use logic"

I say I saw an alien/bigfoot. I have no proof. I simply say "use logic".

You can see where what you say and what I believe are going to require some kind of reconciliation, can you not?

I will go without the proof and accept that you have no increase in cost and the same coverage, if you will accept that I saw an alien/bigfoot. Seems easy enough.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Of course you called me a liar. Let's be honest about this. If you believed me, you wouldn't ask for proof, thus you have accused me of being a liar.

So how does this image upload work? I did the scan and cropped enough personal information. The image will show my plan has not changed since I was grandfathered, having being already covered.

I click on the image icon. A bar with absolutely no tooltip help pops up. I can't type in the bar. If I drag a photo to the bar, the image appears but it just wipes out my post. There is no help on ATS that I can find.

edit on 26-11-2013 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I click on the image icon. A bar with absolutely no tooltip help pops up. I can't type in the bar. If I drag a photo to the bar, the image appears but it just wipes out my post. There is no help on ATS that I can find.

In the Upload section, Click on the little cloud with the Up Arrow in the left corner. Next click on Select File.
That will bring up your computers files systems, choice the location of your picture, Double Click on your picture then, Next click on the little cloud with the Up Arrow again. That should load your picture to your Picture file at ATS. Now click on your picture and Highlight and copy the first code string, then come back to your post and click paste.
There is an Help Forum here I forget where.
But you can go here and ask for help too, Board Information.

edit on 27-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Truths can vary from person to person. If I have learned anything in life it is "trust but verify".

Just wanted to be clear that I do not at any time mean for you to post anything personal in nature. It's a sad world we live in and that information should be protected as much as humanly possible.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by gariac

Truths can vary from person to person. If I have learned anything in life it is "trust but verify".

Just wanted to be clear that I do not at any time mean for you to post anything personal in nature. It's a sad world we live in and that information should be protected as much as humanly possible.

Any clue how the image upload works? I have the jpg ready to go.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

See post above mine. It gives step by step instructions far better than I could have tried to do.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Step 1 Click on the cloud looking button

Step 2 Push the select file button and pick the file
Step 3 Push the cloud looking button with the up arrow

Step 4 click on the picture you want to upload
Step 5 select all the text in the bbcode box, press ctrl C to copy, then open post and press ctrl V to paste it in.

On a side note, for me, it will only let me upload one image at a time, kinda annoying but I can deal with it. If I select multiple images then click the up arrow cloud, it only uploads the first in line. You may have better luck than I. Good luck

edit on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 00:07:27 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 00:09:05 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

What does Bush have to do with Obama awarding a no-bid contract to his wife's college roommate?

You do know what no-bid means right? It means no other company bid on the contract, like Haliburton in Iraq.

But yeah, it's Bush's fault the website doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

A little more convincing would be two bills illustrating your claim. But nope, nothing to see here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join