Obamacare...today was the day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well it happened today. I got the letter from my insurance company. Please pay the bill. Same plan as before. Same price as last quarter. No effect from the ACA whatsoever.

So do I go on Facebook and whine like a two year old that nothing has changed? Why oh why didn't Obamacare give me something so that I can stomp my foot and hold my breath until I turn blue, then curse his name? Now all I can do is send a check to the same address for the same amount and get the same coverage as last quarter. How boring.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

You ought to go on the news or something.

I think you're the first person this has happened to. Everyone else got hosed as far as we've seen so far.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Lucky you...you slipped through the cracks. In my rural area, thanks to Obamacare. I have a choice of ONE provider, at almost double my previous rate...YAY me...

Des

edit on 26-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Most likely, you will not receive the big Obama premium increase gift until your policy anniversary in 2014. The only people seeing the big increase right on 1/1/2014 are those who have a policy with one of the insurance companies that are summarily cancelling all non-Obamacare compliant policies on 12/31/2013.

In my state (Illinois) the largest insurer (Blue Cross) is doing just that. Right now, their customers are in the process of choosing an alternative plan for 1/1/2014. The better the plan, the higher the premium. Even the worst 2014 plans will cost more than the best plans that they've been forced to give up. Particularly the young people. They're getting screwed big time.
cwm

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I am a little sorry for you.

So do I go on Facebook and whine like a two year old that nothing has changed? Why oh why didn't Obamacare give me something so that I can stomp my foot and hold my breath until I turn blue, then curse his name? Now all I can do is send a check to the same address for the same amount and get the same coverage as last quarter. How boring.
You must feel as though you've been cheated of an experience somehow. Wait! I've got an idea! Stomp your feet, hold your breath until you turn blue, and curse Obama's name anyway. It will be a wonderful release for you.

If you need some inspiration, read some of the dozens and dozens of stories of those who have lost their policies, their hospitals, their doctors, or some combination thereof. Or, you can read of those whose premiums went up beyond that which they can afford.

I hope that it will serve for you and that you won't find yourself so bored. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't understand. Are you saying that because nothing has changed for you that it shouldn't have changed for anybody? Are you insinuating that the folks claiming their coverage was dropped, marked up, cut, etc. are telling tall tales? Or are you saying everyone is mad because they didn't get something for free?

I can say that I am not pleased because Obama is selling a product I don't want to buy. It's really just that simple. The quote for my Obamacare is ludicrous at best. I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically when I saw it or cry...I kind of felt like doing both.

Anybody that bothered to think for more than a second knew that there would be no "free lunch" for those of us who were not getting "free lunch" before Obamacare launched.

I am glad your coverage stayed the same.You are luckier than many that have stated otherwise. I hope it continues to be in your favor. It's too bad it isn't that way for everyone.
edit on 11/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

That's fantastic news. Always good for a ray of sunshine in the dark. Wouldn't mind redacting the private info and posting both last quarter and this quarter prices would you?

Bigfoot, UFO's, and good news about Obamacare = pics or it didn't happen

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The quote for my Obamacare is ludicrous at best. I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically when I saw it or cry...I kind of felt like doing both.

You actually managed to get a quote?

This is indeed a time of miracles.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I did get a quote.
Back when 6 million were served...
Under normal circumstances it might have been considered luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Bassago

The quote for my Obamacare is ludicrous at best. I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically when I saw it or cry...I kind of felt like doing both.

It's a miracle that three doctorate students from China saw a need, and built an accurate quote engine and research website for their thesis. Check out www.ValuePenguin.com... . Serves up accurate quotes and subsidy estimates very quickly. One of them was interviewed on Fox News earlier today, due to being able to do in 2 months what healthcare.gov couldn't accomplish in 2 years.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

200Plus
reply to post by gariac

That's fantastic news. Always good for a ray of sunshine in the dark. Wouldn't mind redacting the private info and posting both last quarter and this quarter prices would you?

Bigfoot, UFO's, and good news about Obamacare = pics or it didn't happen

It is against ATS policy to reveal personal information. However, lets do a little logic. Do insurance companies exist not to bill people, or to bill people? Well if they want to stay in business, they need customers.

My plan is not junk. It is a PPO from the not-for-profit Blue Shield. I am money in the bank to them. There is no way I use 10% of what the plan offers. But that is how insurance works. Some person who is not so healthy is probably makings a 10 to 1 profit off this insurance. Call me crazy, but I don't think I want to have a brain tumor removed just to use my health benefits.

Insurance spreads the risk. Some people will not benefit from their insurance, others will.

Hey, even their address didn't change. I do online bill pay so I need to check that kind of stuff.

Mind you, I do plan to look at the healthcare exchanges, but only after they have been in operation for a while and their is real life feedback. Since I can keep my plan, it makes sense to move slowly before making a change, if at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

carewemust

Bassago

It's a miracle that three doctorate students from China saw a need, and built an accurate quote engine and research website for their thesis. Check out www.ValuePenguin.com... . Serves up accurate quotes and subsidy estimates very quickly. One of them was interviewed on Fox News earlier today, due to being able to do in 2 months what healthcare.gov couldn't accomplish in 2 years.
-cwm

You are spinning this a bit. I have XM radio in the car and heard the same interview. They did the front end what the ACA website is supposed to do, and only on a subset of the providers.

You also don't realize how government works. Everything goes out to bid. You can view the bidding on websites like fbo dot gov. It is really hard to eliminate a bidder that you suspect is not qualified. This is NOT like a private business decision, where you know company X is terrible and eliminate them. The loser can sue if they are not chosen. Happens all the time. The decision making process is open to a FOIA request. [Can you imagine that happening in a private business, actually having to reveal your analysis.]

History is full of examples of poorly executed custom software projects for government entities. The most recent is CityTime, a program done under NYC's Mayor Bloomberg, who is clearly a person who knows a thing or two about business.
latest CityTime arrests

In the case of the company that did the ACA software, the Washington Post did an article about how the company was formed by the merger of a so-so company with a totally inept one. I can't find the article due to the number of hits ACA gets.

Let me make an analogous example where instead of the government picking a contractor, you are picking a car. Lets pretend Yugo still exists. You put out a bid for a car and the bidders are Toyota, Ford, and Yugo. Now you know Ford or Toyota would be find, but you think Yugos are actually No-Gos. However the bidding process requires you to pick the lowest bidder with a product that conforms to the contract. So Yugo is the winner.

Now because you are not bound by government rules, you would just laugh at Yugo making a bid at all, then go buy a Ford or Toyota. That is the difference between private transactions and government transactions.

Now the feds can do sole source rewards in limited circumstances. For example, once they have a software program established from a sole source and the license needs to be renewed, they make a declaration of a sole source purchase.

So yeah, three guys setting their own objectives can deliver a program, but that program didn't meet the scope of the ACA. It is like taking a test that you wrote yourself. ;-)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The vast majority of people have no issues with the ACA. Sure a person here or there has an issue and holds their breath and stomps their foot then does a Facebook rant, but that is not, I repeat, is not a scientific study of the problem. Anecdotal evidence is a case study, not a statistic.

X number of people will eat at a McDonalds, and maybe a few get a foreign substance in their fries. The person rightfully complaining "There was a roach in my fries and I'm not talking about a joint" does have a legitimate complaint, but the problem is not statistically significant if X is in the millions.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I don't understand. Are you saying that because nothing has changed for you that it shouldn't have changed for anybody? Are you insinuating that the folks claiming their coverage was dropped, marked up, cut, etc. are telling tall tales? Or are you saying everyone is mad because they didn't get something for free?

I can say that I am not pleased because Obama is selling a product I don't want to buy. It's really just that simple. The quote for my Obamacare is ludicrous at best. I didn't know whether to laugh hysterically when I saw it or cry...I kind of felt like doing both.

Anybody that bothered to think for more than a second knew that there would be no "free lunch" for those of us who were not getting "free lunch" before Obamacare launched.

I am glad your coverage stayed the same.You are luckier than many that have stated otherwise. I hope it continues to be in your favor. It's too bad it isn't that way for everyone.
edit on 11/26/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

He/she is expressing their very egocentric view that because it didn't affect them it really isn't a big deal and can't see why other people are making a fuss about it. Totally ignoring the fact that regardless if it saved them money and offered tremendous service that it is still a program that enables the government to take over the health care system and forces people to buy a product that they don't want - a very dangerous precedent.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Mind giving sources on your scientific evidence stating "The vast majority of people have no issues with the ACA"? Or are you just stating anecdotal evidence yourself?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fingersoup

He/she is expressing their very egocentric view that because it didn't affect them it really isn't a big deal and can't see why other people are making a fuss about it. Totally ignoring the fact that regardless if it saved them money and offered tremendous service that it is still a program that enables the government to take over the health care system and forces people to buy a product that they don't want - a very dangerous precedent.

Funny, I am required to have insurance to drive a car. I also need to register that car.

OK, now in some states you can post a bond instead of purchase insurance. Regarding registering your car, you can declare yourself sovereign and make your own license plate, but don't blame me when you get cited.

I wouldn't have an issue if these people that don't want the ACA would put say $500k on deposit with the feds or hand over the title to an asset worth about the same. We need a way for these freeloaders to pay their bills, rather than the cost of these freeloaders being passed on to me. Perhaps you don't believe in individual responsibility, but I do.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I'm asking this out of a sincere interest. It's not a trap or sarcasm or anything else like that.

You mention McDonald's and say that a problem is not really significant if it's a few people out of millions that are affected. You also say that the "vast majority" of people have no trouble with it, and only a person "here and there" has a problem with it. You point out that an anecdote is not a statistic.

To say those things, you must have numbers to back up your statements. I've been trying to find them for a long time, but nobody seems to have that information. So,

How many people have tried to sign up for Obamacare?
How many have been able to actually buy the policy they chose?
How did you find out? My skills must be slipping.

That information would be a big help, thank you.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by gariac

Mind giving sources on your scientific evidence stating "The vast majority of people have no issues with the ACA"? Or are you just stating anecdotal evidence yourself?

The analysis found that only 0.6 percent of people under age 65 are at risk of losing their individual plan and having to pay higher premiums for coverage approved by the Affordable Care Act, according to Families USA, the consumer health advocacy group that issued the study.

ACA stats

There ya go. These complaints remind me of those videos of earthquake damage. The news shows you the buildings that were effected, but don't show all the buildings that rode out the quake just fine.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Dear God you are deluded. Do you really think that the government conforms to any rule or law when it comes to the bidding process on major contracts!?

The ACA website was a NO-BID CONTRACT that went directly to Michelle Obama's college roommate.

You are obviously trying to peddle an agenda, and failing miserably.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

So what about this?

Florida Blue, for example, is canceling nearly 300,000 policies, about 80 percent of its individual policies in the state. Kaiser Permanente in California has sent notices to 160,000 people — about half of its individual business in the state. Highmark in Pittsburgh is dropping about 20 percent of its individual-market customers, while Independence Blue Cross, the major insurer in Philadelphia, is dropping about 45 percent. That makes for more than 500,000 people losing their insurance policies in just three states.

It's just those three states then? If the other states are anything close these, I don't know where the other people are getting their numbers from.

exclusive video

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join